| 12" || driver |
| 800 watts RMS (2300 watts peak) || Amplifier |
| 18-250 Hz ± 3 dB (20 Hz mode) |
16-250 Hz ± 3 dB (16 Hz mode)
23-250 Hz ± 3 dB (sealed mode)
| Freq. Response |
| Triple 3" || Port Size & # |
| 39.56" (H) 16.63" (W) " (D) || Dimension |
| 75 lb || Weight |
PC12-Plus: Musical and monstrous rolled into one. Spine-tingling depth and chest-thumping impact at cinema playback levels.
Nimble, yet powerful, this iconic cylinder is a heavyweight champ. Cleverly using height to advantage, it creates cabinet volume that takes its power and precision above and beyond. To musical passages it brings subtlety and nuance—breathing depth into woodwinds and richness to percussion. To movies it drops earth-shaking sonic bombs on cue; its bountiful 2300 watts-peak muscle effortlessly unleashing head-spinning sound pressure levels. All this clean, crisp, DSP-controlled bass takes up a mere 16.6” circular footprint. Elegantly finished in black velour, it will be right at home in any décor. So if you want a champion on your side, call on the PC12-Plus.
Owner’s manual | quick start guide
"If there is a single subwoofer that revolutionized both the price/performance ratio and the way we buy subwoofers, the SVS Powered Cylinder is it."
AVForums.com, Review by Russell Williams, 7/8/2012. Read Review.
"The SVS PC12-Plus is an extremely versatile subwoofer that plays both music and film soundtracks in a way that belies its paltry asking price."
Sound Stage, Reviewer's Choice Award, Review by Howard Kneller, 4/1/2009. Read Review.
Sledge amplifier STA-800D:
Intelligent and Sophisticated Power
True to the SVS philosophy, the PC12-Plus has been rigorously engineered and designed; meticulous attention is given to how each part will enhance the listening experience. The Sledge STA-800D is no exception.
With digital bass management, room gain compensation, and flexible set up, it is fully armed to integrate with your equipment and room characteristics. Its effortless 2300 watts peak power, and 800 watts continuous power, are the foundation of both the PC12-Plus punch, and musical subtlety.
SVS 12" High Output Driver
Now in its 5th generation of refinement, the exclusive SVS Plus-12 woofer delivers audiophile-grade sound that is unmatched at this price point. In fact, this driver is so overbuilt, our R&D engineers had to push it with over 2000 watts before it even broke a sweat. From this firm foundation of rugged reliability, the Plus-12 driver delivers exceptional linearity, low-distortion, and excellent detail.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor with copper shorting sleeve to reduce gap induction and distortion.
- Bifilar wound, 3" diameter, high-power aluminum voice coil.
- Dual linear-roll spiders and stitched parabolic surround for extreme excursion capability.
- Ultra-light and rigid composite cone provides excellent transient response.
Experience SVS Audio
The best place to audition any speaker or subwoofer is in your own home, in the exact listening room where you will enjoy them! SVS makes that risk-free!
View the Bill of Rights
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
**Frequency response graph does not denote maximum output capability.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- 18-250 Hz +/- 3 dB (20 Hz mode)
- 16-250 Hz +/- 3 dB (16 Hz mode)
- 23-250 Hz +/- 3 dB (sealed mode)
- Down-firing driver with integral base plate.
- Top-firing triple 3" high-flow flared ports
- High-grade black fabric exterior cover.
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille.
- Dense foam port blockers (3) included.
- Screw-in rubber feet.
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction.
- Extremely rigid and strong cylinder enclosure.
- Variable 20 Hz, 16 Hz and Sealed tuning modes
- Detachable power cord.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 39.6" (H), 16.6" (OD).
- Overall Dimensions: 40.3" (H), 16.6" (OD) (includes feet, grille, amplifier).
- Weight (unboxed): 75 pounds.
- Shipped Dimensions: 45" (H), 20" (OD).
- Shipped Weight: 85 pounds.
- SVS 12” high performance Plus driver.
- Bifilar wound, 3” diameter, high-power aluminum voice coil.
- Polyimide impregnated fiberglass former/bobbin.
- Single, composite layered, linear roll long-throw spider.
- Integrated tinsel leads.
- Nickel-plated high-tension spring terminals.
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and parabolic SBR surround
- Composite pulp/fiberglass press layered cone with stitched surround
- Low carbon 1008 steel components, electrophoresis black plating
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure
- Copper shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, and enhances thermal conductivity
- Dual Genox 8H/Y-35 high grade ferrite magnets
- Oversized pole vent for greater cooling and low noise
- STA-800D Sledge with 800 watts RMS continuous power (2300 watts peak dynamic power)
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology
- Detachable power cord with main power switch and ceramic fuse
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Auto-On / On switch with "green" standby mode
- Stereo line-level RCA and balanced (XLR) input/output connections
- Normal and Hi input voltage switch
- Customized EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the PC12-Plus
- Variable tuning with 20Hz, 16Hz, and Sealed settings to match subwoofer port settings
- Fully adjustable (frequency and slope) phase-correct speaker/sub digital crossover
- Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright LCD display
- Digital PEQ with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values
- Room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope
- Input impedance - 24 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 22 kΩ (balanced XLR)
Which SVS Subwoofer
is right for me?
We know that sometimes sorting out which subwoofer is just right for you can get confusing. That's why our Sound Experts are always here to answer your questions. Just call and we'd be delighted to share our knowledge and advice with you about speakers, subwoofers and home theaters in general.
Call us: 1.877.626.5623
Email us: email@example.com
LET MERLIN FIND THE PERFECT SUBWOOFER FOR YOUR SPEAKERS
Merlin analyzes the performance specs of thousands of speakers from every brand to find the exact matching subwoofer for your specific speakers. Use our Merlin engine and find the perfect match for your speakers, instantly!
800 Watt DSP Controlled, 12" Ported Subwoofer with Variable Tuning.