Which SVS subwoofer is right for me?We know that sometimes sorting out which subwoofer is just right for you can get confusing. That's why we're always here to answer your questions.
Which SVS speakers are right for me?We know that sometimes sorting out which speakers are just right for you can get confusing. That's why we're always here to answer your questions.
Your SVS Bill of Rights: View All
1000 Watt DSP Controlled, 13.5" Ported Subwoofer With Variable Tuning
Product in stock. Ships within one business day.
Designed and Manufactured by SVS!
Frequency Response/Acoustic Data:
**Frequency response graph does not denote maximum output capability.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- 17-200 Hz +/- 3 dB (20 Hz mode)
- 14-200 Hz +/- 3 dB (16 Hz mode)
- 21-200 Hz +/- 3 dB (sealed mode)
- Cabinet Dimensions: 22" (H) x 20.5" (W) x 27" (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 22.5" (H) x 20.5" (W) x 29.9" (D) (includes feet, grille, amplifier)
- Weight (unboxed): 155 pounds
- Shipped Dimensions: 36" (H) x 25" (W) x 40" (D)
- Shipped Weight: 188 pounds
- Rigid and braced Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) cabinet
- Black gloss or full veneer black oak finish
- Front-firing driver
- Front-firing triple 3.5" high-flow flared ports
- Dense foam port blockers (3) included
- Variable 20 Hz, 16 Hz and Sealed tuning modes
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Power cord length: 8 feet.
- SVS 13.5” extreme performance underhung Ultra driver
- SVS custom-tooled die-cast aluminum basket
- Flat-wire, 3” diameter, high-power, high-temp, 8-layer, aluminum voice coil
- Polyimide impregnated fiberglass former/bobbin
- Dual 9", composite layered, linear roll, extreme excursion spiders
- Integrated tinsel leads
- Nickel-plated high-tension spring terminals
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and parabolic SBR extreme-excursion surround
- Composite pulp/fiberglass press layered cone with stitched surround
- Low carbon 1008 steel components, electrophoresis black plating
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized underhung motor structure for the lowest possible distortion
- Copper shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, and enhances thermal conductivity
- Dual Genox 8H/Y-35 high grade ferrite magnets
- Oversized pole vent for greater cooling and low noise
- STA-1000D Sledge with 1000 watts RMS continuous power (3600 watts peak dynamic power)
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology
- Detachable power cord with main power switch and ceramic fuse
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Auto-On / On switch with "green" standby mode
- Stereo line-level RCA and balanced (XLR) input/output connections
- Normal and Hi input voltage switch
- Customized EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the PB13-Ultra
- Variable tuning with 20Hz, 16Hz, and Sealed settings to match subwoofer port settings
- Fully adjustable (frequency and slope) phase-correct speaker/sub digital crossover
- Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright LCD display
- Two (2) digital PEQs with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values
- Room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope
- Adjustable digital delay on main speaker line-level outputs to time-align the speakers and subs
- Input impedance - 24 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 22 kΩ (balanced XLR)
PB13-Ultra - The Ultimate Expression of SVS Performance
Our flagship subwoofer. The pinnacle of SVS technology and our passion for building the most uncompromising high-performance subwoofers on the planet. Physically imposing, powerful and refined, the PB13-Ultra will exceed the expectations of the most discriminating audiophile and hard-core home theater enthusiast.
Exclusive Ultra-13 Driver – Brutal Output and Subtle Nuance
An SVS-exclusive design, the Ultra-13 driver utilizes the highest quality components, custom-tooled parts, and innovative technologies to deliver an unparalleled combination of extreme output, ultra-low distortion, and exceptional linearity.
Click on any photo to see a full, detailed image:
Sledge Amplification – Intelligent and Sophisticated Power
- Expensive Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized underhung motor technology for exceptionally low distortion.
- Multi-layer flat-wound voice coil for ultra-high power handling.
- Dual linear-roll spiders and stitched parabolic surround for extreme excursion capability.
- Ultra-light and rigid Rohacell composite cone provides excellent transient response.
The Sledge STA-1000D amplifier is a perfect match for the Ultra-13 driver, packing 1,000 watts of power and sophisticated DSP control. Comprehensive and extensive menu options are accessed via an intuitive single-knob interface with LCD display, allowing for easy set-up and integration into any home theater or stereo system.
Efficient Performance and Versatile Tuning
- 1000 watts RMS continuous power (3600 watts peak dynamic power).
- Efficient, cool-running Class D power with 'green' standby mode.
- Stereo line-level RCA and balanced (XLR) input/output connections for the ultimate in connectivity.
- DSP control for the ultimate in refined behavior under all operating conditions.
- Variable tuning with 20Hz, 16Hz, and Sealed settings to match any room.
- Extensive menu options and digital crossover allows easy integration into any 2-channel system.
- Intuitive and easy to use single knob controller with bright LCD display.
- Learn more about Sledge Amplification Technology and Features
'Size matters' in the world of high-performance subwoofers. The large cabinet and deep-tuned ports allow effortless reproduction of the deepest bass notes with stunning authority. The PB13-Ultra offers our trademark variable tuning to accommodate different size rooms and deep extension requirements. Available in real wood veneer black oak or piano-gloss black, and protected by a curved metal grille – the PB13-Ultra will complement the most upscale décors and high-end theaters.
The Ultra Experience – Immersive and Legendary Performance
- Large cabinet provides efficient reproduction of the deepest bass notes.
- Wide-flared triple 3.5" ports for maximum air-flow with no artifacts.
- 20 Hz, 16 Hz and Sealed variable tuning accommodates all room sizes and deep extension requirements.
- Curved metal grille with hidden neo magnet retention gives high-tech appearance.
With an unmatched combination of nuance, subterranean extension, jaw-dropping slam and impact, and unerring accuracy, the legendary PB13-Ultra will positively immerse you in music and movies like never before.
"The PB13-Ultra is a very powerful product that is competently engineered, heavily built, bulletproof, high tech and high output, possessing true extension to below 20Hz and a ton of configurability options. Its a clear winner."
Audioholics, Review by Josh Ricci, 9/28/2011. Read Review
"...the PB13 will challenge you to find a single weakness... It reached the deepest notes with ease, and was very crisp and clear the whole time, without getting muddy or boomy. Did I mention it was smooth? It was oh so smooth."
Home Theater Shack, Review by Peter Loeser, 1/16/2013. Read Review
"Simply couldn't get the subwoofer to call mercy even at reference levels with some really tough material."
Home Theater Equipment, Review by 'pbc', 12/23/2011. Read Review
"...the SV Sound PB13-Ultra subwoofer did a remarkable job of providing great bass extension and power to my Quad ESL-989s. I heartily recommend it for its relatively low price, rugged construction, and sturdy drive-unit."
Stereophile Magazine, Review by Larry Greenhill, 8/20/2008. Read Review
"Gone are the days of having to talk about a speaker or subwoofer made for movies vs. music. An excellent product like the PB13-Ultra works for everything."
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity, Review by John Johnson, 9/2007. Read Review
Sound & Vision Magazine, Review by Daniel Kumin, 10/2008. Read Review
...the PB13 will challenge you to find a single weakness... It reached the deepest notes with ease, and was very crisp and clear the whole time, without getting muddy or boomy. Did I mention it was smooth? It was oh so smooth.
Home Theater Shack
| Customer Reviews
|Amplifier||1000 watts RMS|
(3600 watts peak)
|Port Size & #||Triple 3.5"|
|Freq.Response||17-200 Hz ± 3 dB (20 Hz mode)|
14-200 Hz ± 3 dB (16 Hz mode)
21-200 Hz ± 3 dB (sealed mode)
Recommended Accessories for the PB13-Ultra:
Soundpath Subwoofer Isolation System - 6 pack / $69.99
The SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System isolates the subwoofer from the flooring, resulting in tighter sounding bass, less rattles in the room, fewer complaints from neighbors and works with any brand of subwoofer which accepts screw-in feet.
SoundPath Subwoofer Interconnect Cables / $24.99
Connect your subwoofer to your receiver using high performance, precision-built subwoofer cables with hallmark SVS value. Available in convenient lengths ranging from 1 meter to 15 meters to suit a wide variety of room sizes and applications!
Sub-Link 2.4 GHz Wireless Subwoofer System / $79.99
Connect your subwoofer to your system wirelessly with this 2.4GHz transmitter and receiver containing everything necessary for quick and easy set-up and operation.
The PB13-Ultra Has Been Added to Your Cart
You've taken the first step! Once your order is complete we'll work with you to arrange shipping, provide setup guides and answer any questions you may have.
Now here's an optional accessory to get your system working when you open the box. Or skip to your cart.
1000 Watt DSP Controlled, 13.5" Ported Subwoofer With Variable Tuning