PB12-Plus - Piano - Outlet - 9165
Outlet Special: Chip in the driver and light scratches on the amplifier. See additional pictures. Factory inspected and tested. 5-Year Unconditional Warranty and complete Bill of Rights coverage.
In stock & Ships in one business day
45 Day Risk-Free In-Home Trial | Fast & Free Shipping and Returns 5-Year Unconditional WarrantyFind a Dealer
Order by Phone: 1.877.626.5623
All this and more on every SVS order.See the bill of rights
800 watts RMS (2300 watts peak)Amplifier18-250 Hz ±3 dB (20 Hz mode)
16-250 Hz ±3 dB (16 Hz mode)Freq. Response23-250 Hz ±3 dB (sealed mode)
Triple 3”Port Size & #
22" (H) 19.8" (W) 26.6" (D)Dimension
Introducing the PB12-PLUS
The subtleties of jazz, to the chest-crushing bazooka blasts of Hollywood blockbusters. All at a mid-level price.
With 2300 watts peak power and a weight of 127 pounds, this subwoofer is a tank. Many pricey subwoofers don’t stand a chance against its power and precision. This weapon is the embodiment of research and engineering. For action, sci-fi, and scary movies it delivers earth-shaking payloads of bass with precision. Its clean, tight, accurate lows rival professional cinemas. In fact, there are times you may not even hear it at work, but you’ll feel it. On the edge of sub-sonic levels it stirs your senses so well it can give you goosebumps. That said, this isn’t a no-finesse brute. The PB12-Plus delivers music with style. From cello and upright bass, to sax and electric bass, soft passages and subtle scores are deftly rendered with nuance and dimension. The PB12-Plus is definitely armed and ready for duty in your home.
"From its ungodly output capabilities, true 20Hz extension, and ability to play clean and distortion free, the PB12-Plus DSP has truly earned the right to be called a 'subwoofer'."Audioholics, 2010 Product of the Year - Subwoofer Category, Review by Paul Apollonio.
"The SVS PB12-Plus is truly a chameleon among subwoofers. Its multiple port tunings and parametric EQ mean it can work well in any room with any speaker system. Its build quality is on par with the most expensive products available and it looks great too. I'd have to say SVS has hit this one out of the park."Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity, Review by Chris Eberle.
"The PB12-Plus at least matches the performance of any subwoofer in this test, and its price is about 40% less than that of the next-least-expensive sub we tested. If you've got the space for this behemoth, it's probably the best deal going for a high-end subwoofer."Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity, Review by Chris Eberle.
Owner Ratings & Reviews
NewSledge Amplifier STA-800D: Intelligent and Sophisticated Power
True to the SVS philosophy, the PB12-Plus has been rigorously engineered and designed; meticulous attention is given to how each part will enhance the listening experience. The Sledge STA-800D is no exception.
With digital bass management, room gain compensation, and flexible set up it is fully armed to integrate with your equipment and room characteristics. Its effortless 2300 watts peak power, and 800 watts continuous power, are the foundation of both the PB12-Plus punch, and musical subtlety.
SVS 12" High Output Driver
Now in its 5th generation of refinement, the exclusive SVS Plus-12 woofer delivers audiophile-grade sound that is unmatched at this price point. In fact, this driver is so overbuilt, our R&D engineers had to push it with over 2000 watts before it even broke a sweat. From this firm foundation of rugged reliability, the Plus-12 driver delivers exceptional linearity, low-distortion, and excellent detail.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor with copper shorting sleeve to reduce gap induction and distortion.
- Bifilar wound, 3" diameter, high-power aluminum voice coil.
- Dual linear-roll spiders and stitched parabolic surround for extreme excursion capability.
- Ultra-light and rigid composite cone provides excellent transient response.
Experience SVS Audio 100% Risk-Free
The best place to audition any speaker or subwoofer isn't a noisy store; it's your own home, in the exact listening room where you will enjoy them!View the Bill of Rights
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:* Frequency response graph does not denote maximum output capability.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- 18-250 Hz ± 3 dB (20Hz mode)
- 16-250 Hz ± 3 dB (16 Hz mode)
- 23-250 Hz & plusmn 3 dB (sealed mode)
- Black gloss or full veneer black oak finish options.
- Front-firing 12" driver.
- Front-firing triple 3" high-flow flared ports.
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille.
- Rigid and braced Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) cabinet.
- Dense foam port blockers (3) included.
- Power cord length: 8 feet.
- Variable 20 Hz, 16 Hz and Sealed tuning modes.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 22” (H) x 19.8” (W) x 26.6” (D) (without grille).
- Overall Dimensions: 22” (H) x 19.8” (W) x 28.3” (D) (with grille).
- Carton Dimensions: 28” (H) x 25” (W) x 35” (D).
- Weight (unboxed): 127 pounds.
- Weight (boxed): 157 pounds.
- Shipped Dimensions (palletized): 33” (H) x 26” (W) x 40” (D).
- Shipped Weight (palletized): 168 pounds.
- SVS 12” high performance Plus driver.
- Bifilar wound, 3” diameter, high-power aluminum voice coil.
- Polyimide impregnated fiberglass former/bobbin.
- Single, composite layered, linear roll long-throw spider.
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and parabolic SBR surround.
- Composite pulp/fiberglass press layered cone with stitched surround.
- Low carbon 1008 steel components, electrophoresis black plating.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure.
- Copper shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, and enhances thermal conductivity.
- Dual Genox 8H/Y-35 high grade ferrite magnets.
- Oversized pole vent for greater cooling and low noise.
- STA-800D Sledge with 800 watts RMS continuous power (2300 watts peak dynamic power).
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology.
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications.
- Auto-On / On switch with "green" standby mode.
- Stereo line-level RCA and balanced (XLR) input/output connections.
- Normal and Hi input voltage switch.
- Customized EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the PB12-Plus.
- Detachable power cord with main power switch and ceramic fuse.
- Variable tuning with 20Hz, 16Hz, and Sealed settings to match subwoofer port settings.
- Fully adjustable (frequency and slope) phase-correct speaker/sub digital crossover.
- Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright LCD display.
- Digital PEQ with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values.
- Room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope.
- Fixed 80 Hz 12 dB/octave high pass filter on line level outputs.
- Input impedance - 24 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 22 kΩ (balanced XLR).