PB13-Ultra - Piano - Outlet - 9125
Outlet Special: Scratches on top and bottom of the cabinet. See additional pic. Factory inspected and tested. 5-Year Unconditional Warranty and complete Bill of Rights coverage.
In stock & Ships in one business day
45 Day Risk-Free In-Home Trial | Fast & Free Shipping and Returns 5-Year Unconditional WarrantyFind a Dealer
Order by Phone: 1.877.626.5623
All this and more on every SVS order.See the bill of rights
The PB13-Ultra subwoofer unleashes staggering levels of low-frequency output with a surprising degree of subtlety and finesse that will thrill both movie buffs and audiophiles alike. Triple ported with a 13.5-inch Ultra driver and 1000-watt RMS, 3,600+ watts peak power bass titan delivers something along the lines of a seismic event. If you have a large space you're looking to fill with thunderously deep and powerful bass that can extend to a mind-blowing 14 Hz, the PB13-Ultra Subwoofer is for you.
SVS Owner Systems
SVS owner shots shared via Instagram. Click on pics for captions and submit your own by tagging @SVS_Sound or #soundrevolution.
"The PB13-Ultra is a very powerful product that is competently engineered, heavily built, bulletproof, high tech and high output, possessing true extension to below 20Hz and a ton of configurability options. It’s a clear winner."Audioholics, Review by Josh Ricci.
"...the PB13 will challenge you to find a single weakness... It reached the deepest notes with ease, and was very crisp and clear the whole time, without getting muddy or boomy. Did I mention it was smooth? It was oh so smooth."Home Theater Shack, Review by Peter Loeser.
"Simply couldn't get the subwoofer to call mercy even at reference levels with some really tough material."Home Theater Equipment, Review by 'pbc'.
"...the SV Sound PB13-Ultra subwoofer did a remarkable job of providing great bass extension and power to my Quad ESL-989s. I heartily recommend it for its relatively low price, rugged construction, and sturdy drive-unit."Stereophile Magazine, Review by Larry Greenhill.
"Gone are the days of having to talk about a speaker or subwoofer made for movies vs. music. An excellent product like the PB13-Ultra works for everything."Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity, Review by John Johnson.
"No home theater is complete without one. It’s like the whole room is breathing and it’s so fast. Witness me says the PB13. There’s no reason not to buy this sub."Z-Reviews, Review
Owner Ratings & Reviews
SVS’s original standard bearer for subwoofer performance, the PB13-Ultra is a legendary home theater subwoofer for its effortless power and subterranean low frequency extension down to 14Hz a with shocking musicality.
High Output SVS Ultra Series Driver Design
The flawlessly designed custom 13.5-inch driver is capable of handling the excursions and power needed to produce serious high output low bass. The woofer has an open but strong cast aluminum frame and a massive underhung magnet and motor assembly (tipping the scale at 55lbs) with a vented pole piece, large dual spiders and a large parabolic “high roll” surround making up the suspension. The surround is physically stitched to the cone, which is a significant design investment that reveals the performance-first approach to driver engineering.
Powerful and Sophisticated Sledge STA-1000D Amplifier
At the heart of the PB13-Ultra subwoofer is a muscular and sophisticated Sledge STA-1000D Class D amplifier. The amp's built-in Digital Signal Processor (DSP) dynamically controls output power to ensure you hear nothing but deep, low-distortion bass no matter how loud your music and movies get and there’s always headroom to spare.
The DSP platform has an interface utilizing an LCD screen and a single knob / push button to control the settings. The PB13-Ultra's on-board DSP tools for fine-tuning the sound include dual digital parametric EQs with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values, plus a room gain compensation control with adjustable frequencies and slope to help tame pesky room response issues. And, of course, you get fully adjustable phase compensation and digital crossover controls. To make adjustments easier, and to keep track of all your settings, there’s a two-line LCD readout on the sub's back panel.
Variable Port Tuning
The PB13-Ultra Subwoofer employs a large bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design that allows its Ultra 13.5-inch driver to make long excursions for exceptionally deep bass at high output levels. Three flared, low-noise ports on the front of the enclosure minimize back-wall interaction for greater bass accuracy. Also included are three dense foam plugs that allow you to custom-tune how deep and loud the sub will play by blocking the ports. The PB13-Ultra's strong, rigid enclosure helps eliminate cabinet flex and resonance to keep your bass ultra-clean. Connections include a stereo line-level RCA plus balanced XLR inputs and outputs for flexible connectivity with a wide range of audio gear, including high-end stereo preamps and A/V preamp/processors.
SVS 13.5” High Output Driver
An SVS-exclusive design, our Ultra 13 driver was uncompromisingly crafted using the highest quality components, custom-tooled parts, and innovative technologies. As a result it, delivers an unparalleled combination of extreme output, ultra-low distortion, and exceptional linearity.
- Expensive Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized underhung motor technology for exceptionally low distortion.
- Multi-layer flat-wound voice coil for ultra-high power handling.
- Dual linear-roll spiders and stitched parabolic surround for extreme excursion capability.
- Ultra-light and rigid Rohacell composite cone provides excellent transient response.
Experience SVS Audio 100% Risk-Free
The best place to audition any speaker or subwoofer isn't a noisy store; it's your own home, in the exact listening room where you will enjoy them!View the Bill of Rights
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 17-200 Hz +/- 3 dB (20 Hz mode)
- 14-200 Hz +/- 3 dB (16 Hz mode)
- 21-200 Hz +/- 3 dB (sealed mode)
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic).
- Black gloss or full veneer black oak finish options
- Front-firing 13.5" driver
- Front-firing triple 3.5" high-flow flared ports
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Rigid and braced Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) cabinet
- Detachable power cord
- Variable 20 Hz, 16 Hz and Sealed tuning modes
- Cabinet Dimensions: 22.5" (H) x 20.5" (W) x 28" (D) (without grille)
- Overall Dimensions: 22.5" (H) x 20.5" (W) x 29.9" (D) (with grille)
- Carton Dimensions: 31" (H) x 26" (W) x 36" (D)
- Weight (unboxed): 155 pounds
- Weight (boxed): 171 pounds
- Shipped Dimensions (palletized): 36" (H) x 26" (W) x 40" (D)
- Shipped Weight (palletized): 188 pounds
- SVS 13.5” extreme performance underhung Ultra driver
- SVS custom-tooled die-cast aluminum basket
- Flat-wire, 3” diameter, high-power, high-temp, 8-layer, aluminum voice coil
- Polyimide impregnated fiberglass former/bobbin
- Dual 9", composite layered, linear roll, extreme excursion spiders
- Integrated tinsel leads
- Nickel-plated high-tension spring terminals
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and parabolic SBR extreme-excursion surround
- Composite pulp/fiberglass press layered cone with stitched surround
- Low carbon 1008 steel components, electrophoresis black plating
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized underhung motor structure for the lowest possible distortion
- Copper shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, and enhances thermal conductivity
- Dual Genox 8H/Y-35 high grade ferrite magnets
- Oversized pole vent for greater cooling and low noise
- STA-1000D Sledge with 1000 watts RMS continuous power (3600 watts peak dynamic power)
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology
- Detachable power cord with main power switch and ceramic fuse
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Auto-On / On switch with "green" standby mode
- Stereo line-level RCA and balanced (XLR) input/output connections
- Normal and Hi input voltage switch
- Customized EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the PB13-Ultra
- Variable tuning with 20Hz, 16Hz, and Sealed settings to match subwoofer port settings
- Fully adjustable (frequency and slope) phase-correct speaker/sub digital crossover
- Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright LCD display
- Two (2) digital PEQs with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values
- Room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope
- Adjustable digital delay on main speaker line-level outputs to time-align the speakers and subs
- Input impedance - 24 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 22 kΩ (balanced XLR)