PC13-Ultra - Outlet - 1048
PC13-Ultra - Outlet - 1048
Boasting a unique and innovative cylinder design, and with a footprint measuring just 16.5-inches in diameter, the SVS PC13-Ultra subwoofer delivers unmatched low frequency extension and output per square-inch of floor space. Standing 47-inches tall with a 13.5-inch down-firing driver and 1,000 watts RMS, 3,600+ watts peak power DSP amplifier, the PC13-Ultra is an attention grabbing tower of bass that uses vertical height to maintain a small footprint so it can fit more easily into a home theater or listening room, without sacrificing performance.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 18-200 Hz ± 3 dB (20 Hz mode)
- 15-200 Hz ± 3 dB (16 Hz mode)
- 24-200 Hz ± 3 dB (sealed mode)
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic).
- High-grade black fabric exterior cover
- Down-firing 13.5" driver with integral base plate
- Top-firing triple 3.5" high-flow flared ports
- Extremely rigid and strong cylinder enclosure
- Dense foam port blockers (3) included
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Variable 20 Hz, 16 Hz and Sealed tuning modes
- Cabinet Dimensions: 46" (H), 16.6" (OD)
- Dimensions: 47" (H), 16.6" (OD) (includes feet, grille, amplifier)
- Weight (unboxed): 90 pounds
- Shipped Dimensions: 52" (H), 20" (OD)
- Shipped Weight: 114 pounds
- SVS 13.5” extreme performance underhung Ultra driver
- SVS custom-tooled die-cast aluminum basket
- Flat-wire, 3” diameter, high-power, high-temp, 8-layer, aluminum voice coil
- Polyimide impregnated fiberglass former/bobbin
- Dual 9", composite layered, linear roll, extreme excursion spiders
- Integrated tinsel leads
- Nickel-plated high-tension spring terminals
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and parabolic SBR extreme-excursion surround
- Composite pulp/fiberglass press layered cone with stitched surround
- Low carbon 1008 steel components, electrophoresis black plating
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized underhung motor structure for the lowest possible distortion
- Copper shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, and enhances thermal conductivity
- Dual Genox 8H/Y-35 high grade ferrite magnets
- Oversized pole vent for greater cooling and low noise
- STA-1000D Sledge with 1000 watts RMS continuous power (3600 watts peak dynamic power)
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology
- Detachable power cord with main power switch and ceramic fuse
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Auto-On / On switch with "green" standby mode
- Stereo line-level RCA and balanced (XLR) input/output connections
- Normal and Hi input voltage switch
- Customized EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the PC13-Ultra
- Variable tuning with 20Hz, 16Hz, and Sealed settings to match subwoofer port settings
- Fully adjustable (frequency and slope) phase-correct speaker/sub digital crossover
- Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright LCD display
- Two (2) digital PEQs with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values
- Room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope
- Adjustable digital delay on main speaker line-level outputs to time-align the speakers and subs
- Input impedance - 24 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 22 kΩ (balanced XLR)
An icon of SVS subwoofer innovation, the cylinder-shaped cabinet design of the PC13-Ultra subwoofer lets you enjoy the performance benefits of a larger subwoofer, without sacrificing the floorspace required of a reference ported subwoofer.
Stunningly Potent 13.5-Inch Down Firing SVS Ultra Driver
Equally matched for music and home theater, the PC13-Ultra powered subwoofer boasts a 13.5-inch down-firing Ultra Series driver with dual high-grade ferrite magnets and an FEA-optimized motor for distortion-free performance at the most punishing drive levels. Dual linear-roll spiders and stitched parabolic surround allow the PC13-Ultra to move massive amounts of air and achieve extreme excursion capabilities while maintaining control over the ultra-light and rigid fiberglass composite cone, so it can start and stop on a dime with no overhang, even with the most challenging music tracks.
Powerful and Sophisticated Sledge STA-1000D Amplifier
Conservatively rated at 1,000 watts RMS and 3,200 watts peak power, the Sledge STA-1000D DSP amplifier inside the PC13-Ultra subwoofer delivers effortless power for maximum SPLs and sonic impact in movies and music, while maintaining pinpoint accuracy in frequency and transient response. It also has brains to match its brawn. A sophisticated DSP offers an array of filters and volume, gain, and phase controls for fine-tuning in-room performance. Plus, the efficient Class-D amplifier design consumes less than half-a-watt of power in stand-by mode.
Variable Port Tuning
Rated at 15-200 HZ +/- 3dB, the PC13-Ultra subwoofer features variable port tuning so you can adjust output and extension based on listening preferences. For connections, the home theater subwoofer features a stereo line-level RCA and balanced XLR input/output connections along with an 80Hz high pass filtered output connections, continuously variable volume and phase controls, and three top-firing 3.5-inch high-flow flared ports with large radius inner and outer flanges.
Effortless power and extreme low frequency extension without sacrificing detail or musicality, the SVS PC13-Ultra cylinder subwoofer delivers greater output per inch of floorspace than any traditional ported box subwoofer in existence. Musical bass is rendered with delicate refinement and toe-tapping aplomb while movie soundtracks are unleashed with chest-thumping slam and impact as well as mood-setting low frequency effects, all from a subwoofer that blends seamlessly with any speakers.
Sound Expert Videos
How to Reduce Subwoofer Room Rattle, Vibrations and Bass Bleed
Anatomy of an SVS Subwoofer Driver
Comparing Ported vs. Sealed Subwoofers for Home Theater
Why Go Dual: Benefits and Placement of Multiple Subwoofers
Enter your speakers and the SVS Subwoofer Matching Tool will recommend suitable subwoofer matches as well as crossover frequency and low pass filter settings.
Personal SVS speaker and subwoofer system builder. Choose from preset home theater surround sound set-ups like 5.1, or custom build your own.
User Reviews | Press Reviews
User Reviews | Press Reviews
The PC13-Ultra Subwoofer Receives Stereowiseplus.com's Editor's Choice Award
"The SVS PC13-Ultra seemed to easily handle whatever I threw its way. Bass had excellent low end extension, with no bottoming out…At an MSRP of $1,699 it is a real...
SVS PC13-Ultra Subwoofer Review by Soundstage
"The SVS SB13-Ultra is an exceptional product that is true to SVS's tradition of offering higher performance for the money through R&D and design... this is an exceptionally high-performance subwoofer...
Sound + Vision Reviews the PC-13 Ultra Subwoofer
"The SVS PC-13 Ultra is one of the best subwoofers you can buy." "It offers a range of sound characters to suit different tastes, enough digital features to optimize the...
AVForums' Russell Williams gives the SVS cylinders a Best Buy award!
"If there is a single subwoofer that revolutionized both the price/performance ratio and the way we buy subwoofers, the SVS Powered Cylinder is it." "...what it does do very well...
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity Calls the PC13-Ultra a "fantastic subwoofer"
"So as to not mince words, the PC13-Ultra knocked me on my tail. We're talking wall shaking, glass-rattling, floor-rumbling bass." "The PC13-Ultra is a fantastic subwoofer. It has tons of...