SB-2000 - Black Ash - Outlet - 1789
Outlet Special: Scratches on the top, bottom and front. See additional pic. Factory inspected and tested. 5-Year Unconditional Warranty and complete Bill of Rights coverage.
In stock & Ships in one business day
45 Day Risk-Free In-Home Trial | Fast & Free Shipping and Returns 5-Year Unconditional WarrantyFind a Dealer
Order by Phone: 1.877.626.5623
All this and more on every SVS order.See the bill of rights
500 watts rms (1100 watts peak)Amplifier
19-220 hz ±3 DBFreq. Response
N/APort Size & #
14.6”H 14.2"W 15.4”DDimension
Introducing the SB-2000
The SVS SB-2000 Subwoofer combines power, quickness, intelligent processing, and innovative driver design to deliver an unrivaled bass experience for music, movies, TV and everything you listen to. Enjoy deeper, more impactful sound experiences worthy of emotional and visceral reactions.
The SVS SB-2000 Subwoofer achieves a staggering 19-240 Hz frequency response from an enclosure weighing only 35 lbs. and measuring 14.2” all-around (without feet and grille). The subwoofer’s weight, compact footprint and elegant appearance make it easy to set-up in any room. It’s also one of the best subwoofers for 5.1 home theater and other surround sound systems.
No small performer, the SB-2000 matches or beats the output levels of subwoofers twice the size and weight. An innovative driver and amplifier, high end materials and revised tuning let the SB-2000 Subwoofer achieve levels of articulation, musicality, dynamics and fathomless extension unequaled in other compact subwoofers. Put simply, it’s the best performing sealed subwoofer under $1,000, by a wide margin.
"The SB-2000 was a game changer for my home theater. There was an added weight and realism to the entire presentation that was just not there before."Audio|Video Revolution, Review by Andre Marc.
"…you've got to love SVS…SVS is offering technology normally reserved for subwoofers two or three times the asking price of 2000 series…their bread and butter is helping the common man realize his (or her) dream of bass that will make your neighbors call the police… offering technology normally reserved for subwoofers two or three times the asking price of 2000 series."Audioholics.com, Preview by Tom Andry.
"Both models outperform most subwoofers by more recognizable names at the same price point."HomeTheaterForum.com, Review by Todd Erwin.
"At $699, the sub packs plenty of muscle, including a 500-watt RMS (1100-watt peak) Sledge amplifier."Digital Trends, Review by Caleb Denison.
"You’ll be hard-pressed to find a better bass value than what either of these subwoofers offers...each sub reproduced deeper bass response that I could literally feel in my sternum; it shook the house!"Sound & Vision Magazine, Review by David Vaughn.
"This is what having a sealed subwoofer is all about, audio purists will cry tears of joy at it’s lightning fast accuracy… it’s hands down one of the best sealed woofers we’ve ever heard!"The SB-2000 Receives Beststuff.com's 2014 Editors Choice Award.
"The SVS SB-2000's one of the tightest, punchiest, most precise-sounding subs I've ever heard."About.com, Review by Brent Butterworth.
"Feed it a movie soundmix and the SB-2000 provides hair-raising levels of low-frequency fun, adding tight, authentic weight to both effects and score. Switch to music and its agility and measured tone come to the fore. The SVS SB-2000 is smartly designed, easy to setup and a treat to listen to."AVTech, Best Subwoofer Award.
"All of SVS's experience and expertise has combined perfectly to create a subwoofer that punches well above its weight, delivering deep bass and real impact…The SB-2000 sealed subwoofer is a triumph for SVS, packing a staggering amount of technology and power into its diminutive enclosure."AVForums, Review by Steve Withers.
"…SVS is offering technology normally reserved for subwoofers two or three times the asking price of 2000 series… The SB-2000 and PB-2000 set a new bar in the performance/price category…"Audioholics, Review by Tom Andry.
Owner Ratings & Reviews
Sledge Amplifier STA-500D: Precise, Flexible, Powerful
The Sledge STA-500D is the sonic engine that brings an unprecedented amp technology and sophistication not found anywhere else at this price point. On sheer power alone, it effortlessly punches out 500 watts RMS and 1100 peak watts.
The SB-2000 boasts smooth and precise digital signal processing at all drive levels, plus, flexible connectivity for ease of set up and seamless integration into all home theater and stereo systems. The SVS 12” driver will have you reaching for the arm rests, yet, when the SB-2000 is not in use, the energy saving standby mode consumes less than 0.5 watts, All told, the SB-2000 is a never before at this price sonic package.
SVS 12" High Output Driver
Designed from scratch—and optimized through exhaustive testing until it delivered unprecedented performance we were after—the powerful 2000-series driver does us proud.
Matched and maximized to its Sledge amplifier, it effortlessly delivers the STA-500D’s precision, dynamic flexibility and raw punch. The result: the driver delivers higher output, improved linearity and lower distortion. Which means loads of clean, precise, deep powerful bass for your movies and music.
- Computer FEA-optimized motor for even lower distortion.
- Heavy-duty voice coil for extreme power handling.
- Upgraded suspension for improved linearity and control.
- Lightweight aluminum cone delivers high efficiency.
- Rubber surround for excellent durability and long-life.
Experience SVS Audio 100% Risk-Free
The best place to audition any speaker or subwoofer isn't a noisy store; it's your own home, in the exact listening room where you will enjoy them!View the Bill of Rights
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:* Frequency response graph does not denote maximum output capability
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- 19-220 Hz +/- 3 dB
- Roll-off slope optimized to take maximum advantage of available room gain
- Expect 2-3 Hz deeper extension in small to mid-size rooms
- Premium black ash and piano black finish options
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Front-firing 12" driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Screw-in rubber feet
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction
- Cabinet Dimensions: 14.6" (H) x 14.2" (W) x 15.4" (D) (without grille)
- Overall Dimensions: 14.6" (H) x 14.2" (W) x 17.1" (D) (with grille)
- Weight (unboxed): 34.8 pounds
- Shipped Dimensions: 21" (H) x 20.2" (W) x 23.2" (D)
- Shipped Weight: 51 pounds
- SVS 12” 2000-series driver
- Powder-coated cast aluminum basket
- Dual high-grade ferrite magnets
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure
- Dual shorting rings reduce gap induction and lower distortion
- Extended pole piece improves heat sink and thermal management properties
- 2” diameter, high-power voice coil
- Upgraded Nomex spider for improved linearity and driver control at extreme drive levels
- High-quality insulated tinsel leads with 3-point-contact precision alignment
- Lightweight aluminum cone with polypropylene dust cap provides excellent rigidity and pistonic behavior
- Low-creep rubber long-throw surround for excellent durability and longevity
- Sledge STA-500D DSP amplifier
- 500 watts RMS continuous (1100 watts peak dynamic)
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology
- DSP control for accurate response and refined behavior under all operating conditions
- Main power rocker switch
- Auto-On / On toggle switch
- 3-12V trigger with 1/8” (3.5 mm) TRS mini-jack input
- Green standby mode with > 0.5 watts consumption
- Stereo line-level RCA Input & Output connections
- Input impedance – 47 kΩ (unbalanced line-level RCA)
- Continuously variable volume/gain control
- Continuously variable (0-180 degrees) phase control
- Continuously variable (50-160 Hz) 12 dB/octave low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting
- Fixed 80 Hz 12 dB/octave high pass filter on line level outputs
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Detachable power cord