SB13-Ultra - Piano - Outlet - 1040
Outlet Special: Crack in the finish on the bottom right foot. See additional picture. Factory inspected and tested. 5-Year Unconditional Warranty and complete Bill of Rights coverage.
In stock & Ships in one business day
45 Day Risk-Free In-Home Trial | Fast & Free Shipping and Returns 5-Year Unconditional WarrantyFind a Dealer
Order by Phone: 1.877.626.5623
All this and more on every SVS order.See the bill of rights
1000 watts RMS (3600 watts peak)Amplifier
20-460Hz ±3 dBFreq. Response
N/APort Size & #
17.4" (H) 17.4" (W) 18.5" (D)Dimension
Introducing the SB13-ULTRA
SB13-Ultra – Heroic Performance, Black-Tie Elegance
Are there 17 square inches in your home to make room for the most critically acclaimed subwoofer on the planet? The SB13 is the most popular Ultra for more than its modest stature alone. The flagship of our sealed models delivers super-hero levels of power, detail, speed and musicality. Yet, disguised in an elegant and compact cabinet it goes practically unnoticed in any décor—until it is called into action. You’ll quickly find the SB13’s reputation is well deserved and its value unparalleled. Mission accomplished - SVS style.
“...an exceptional multichannel loudspeaker system that is true to SVS' tradition of offering higher performance for the money through R&D and design... the SVS Ultras offer a level of price/performance value that is rare, if non-existent.”Widescreen Review Magazine, Review by Gary Reber, March 2013.
"I would expect no less than rock solid reliability and well balanced performance from any SVS subwoofer…the SB13-Ultra is my personal favorite…the SB13-Ultra operated and performed flawlessly…"Audioholics, Review by Joshua Ricci, 7/6/2014.
Owner Ratings & Reviews
NewSledge Amplifier STA-1000D: Intelligent and sophisticated Power
The Sledge STA-1000D amplifier is a perfect match for the Ultra 13 driver, packing 1,000 watts of power and sophisticated DSP control. Comprehensive and extensive menu options are accessed via an intuitive single-knob interface and easy-to-use, LCD display. This will make your set-up and integration with home theater or stereo system quick and simple.
Sheer power alone is not enough. The SB13-Ultra’s amplifier equalization curve has been expertly optimized. Its roll-off is gradual, transient response superb and group delay extremely low. This roll-off profile makes the most of available 'room gain' so that under optimal conditions the SB13-Ultra can extend in room to 15 Hz or deeper. Even more, these characteristics make it ideal to pair with other SB13 Ultras for a multiple subwoofer configurations.
SVS 13.5” High Output Driver
To equip the SB13, SVS’s audio engineers started miles ahead of other subwoofers. Their advantage? The famed Ultra 13 driver. Which they then optimized for a sealed application. They revised the motor geometry, added a unique voice coil and custom gap extension plate. The result is a sealed subwoofer that delivers higher thermal power handling, more symmetrical force/displacement profile, lower distortion, and increased linear stroke. Only SVS engineers could start with the Ultra 13 driver. Only SVS engineers would push the envelope this far to deliver the clean, deep low end of the SB13-Ultra.
- FEA-optimized motor with copper shorting sleeve to reduce gap induction and distortion.
- Unique and optimized bifilar wound, 3" diameter, ultra-high-power aluminum voice coil.
- Unique gap extension plate for additional linear stroke and reduced distortion.
- Dual linear-roll spiders and stitched parabolic surround for extreme excursion capability.
- Ultra-light and rigid Rohacell composite cone provides excellent transient response.
Experience SVS Audio 100% Risk-Free
The best place to audition any speaker or subwoofer isn't a noisy store; it's your own home, in the exact listening room where you will enjoy them!View the Bill of Rights
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:* Frequency response graph does not denote maximum output capability
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic).
- Roll-off slope specifically optimized to take maximum advantage of available room gain
- 20-460Hz ± 3 dB
- Piano gloss black and real black oak veneer finish options
- Front-firing 13.5" driver
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Rigid and braced MDF cabinet
- Detachable power cord
- Cabinet Dimensions: 17.9" (H) x 17.4" (W) x 18.5" (D) (without grille)
- Overall Dimensions: 17.9" (H) x 17.4" (W) x 20.4" (D) (with grille)
- Weight (unboxed): 92 pounds
- Shipped Dimensions: 23" (H) x 23" (W) x 27" (D)
- Shipped Weight: 105 pounds
- SVS 13.5” high-performance Ultra driver optimized for sealed applications
- SVS custom-tooled die-cast aluminum basket
- Flat-wire, 3” diameter, high-power, high-temp, 8-layer, aluminum voice coil - unique to SB13-Ultra
- Polyimide impregnated fiberglass former/bobbin
- Dual 9", composite layered, linear roll, extreme excursion spiders
- Integrated tinsel leads
- Nickel-plated high-tension spring terminals
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and parabolic SBR extreme-excursion surround
- Composite pulp/fiberglass press layered cone with stitched surround
- Low carbon 1008 steel components, electrophoresis black plating
- FEA-optimized overhung motor structure with custom gap extension plate enhances force/displacement symmetry, lower distortion and increases linear stroke
- Copper shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, and enhances thermal conductivity
- Dual Genox 8H/Y-35 high grade ferrite magnets
- Oversized pole vent for greater cooling and low noise
- STA-1000D Sledge with 1000 watts RMS continuous power (3600 watts peak dynamic power)
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology
- Detachable power cord with main power switch and ceramic fuse
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Auto-On / On switch with "green" standby mode
- Stereo line-level RCA and balanced (XLR) input/output connections
- Normal and Hi input voltage switch
- Customized EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the PC13-Ultra
- Fully adjustable (frequency and slope) phase-correct speaker/sub digital crossover
- Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright LCD display
- Two (2) digital PEQs with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values
- Room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope
- Adjustable digital delay on main speaker line-level outputs to time-align the speakers and subs
- Input impedance - 24 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 22 kΩ (balanced XLR)
Which svs subwoofer
is right for me?
We know that sometimes sorting out which subwoofer is just right for you can get confusing. That's why we're always here to answer your questions. Just call and we'd be delighted to share our knowledge and advise with you!
I have speakers, which
subwoofer is the perfect match?
Tell us about your speakers and Merlin, our subwoofer selection tool, will evaluate your speaker's specifications and identify the best SVS subwoofer match. It's not magic — it's Merlin.Learn More