| 13.5" Ultra || driver |
| 1000 watts RMS (3600 watts peak) || Amplifier |
| 17-200 Hz ± 3 dB (20 Hz mode) |
14-200 Hz ± 3 dB (16 Hz mode)
21-200 Hz ± 3 dB (sealed mode)
| Freq. Response |
| Triple 3.5" || Port Size & # |
| 22.5" (H) 20.5" (W) 28" (D) || Dimension |
| 155 lb || Weight |
PB13-Ultra - The Ultimate Expression in Sheer Power
Our flagship ported subwoofer the PB13-Ultra commands respect. At 155lbs it is physically imposing and monstrously powerful. Yet musical nuance and refined character are what truly earned its stripes. When sheer impact is what counts, the PB13-Ultra delivers its music and movie payload B52 bomber-style with strategic precision, subterranean extension, and jaw dropping slam and impact. When the score calls for sound in a supporting role, the PB13-Ultra is deft, and gentle—perfect in its part. This unmatched combination of power and poise will delight the discriminating audiophile and hard-core home theater enthusiast alike.
Owner’s manual | quick start guide
"The PB13-Ultra is a very powerful product that is competently engineered, heavily built, bulletproof, high tech and high output, possessing true extension to below 20Hz and a ton of configurability options. Its a clear winner."
Audioholics, Review by Josh Ricci, 9/28/2011. Read Review
"...the PB13 will challenge you to find a single weakness... It reached the deepest notes with ease, and was very crisp and clear the whole time, without getting muddy or boomy. Did I mention it was smooth? It was oh so smooth."
Home Theater Shack, Review by Peter Loeser, 1/16/2013. Read Review
"Simply couldn't get the subwoofer to call mercy even at reference levels with some really tough material."
Home Theater Equipment, Review by 'pbc', 12/23/2011. Read Review
"...the SV Sound PB13-Ultra subwoofer did a remarkable job of providing great bass extension and power to my Quad ESL-989s. I heartily recommend it for its relatively low price, rugged construction, and sturdy drive-unit."
Stereophile Magazine, Review by Larry Greenhill, 8/20/2008. Read Review
"Gone are the days of having to talk about a speaker or subwoofer made for movies vs. music. An excellent product like the PB13-Ultra works for everything."
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity, Review by John Johnson, 9/2007. Read Review
Sound & Vision Magazine, Review by Daniel Kumin, 10/2008. Read Review
Sledge amplifier STA-1000D:
Intelligent and Sophisticated Power
The Sledge STA-1000D amplifier is a perfect match for the Ultra 13 driver, packing 1,000 watts of power and sophisticated DSP control. Comprehensive and extensive menu options are accessed via an intuitive single-knob interface and easy-to-use, LCD display. This will make your set-up and integration with home theater or stereo system quick and simple.
SVS 13.5" High Output Driver
An SVS-exclusive design, our Ultra 13 driver was uncompromisingly crafted using the highest quality components, custom-tooled parts, and innovative technologies. As a result it, delivers an unparalleled combination of extreme output, ultra-low distortion, and exceptional linearity.
- Expensive Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized underhung motor technology for exceptionally low distortion.
- Multi-layer flat-wound voice coil for ultra-high power handling.
- Dual linear-roll spiders and stitched parabolic surround for extreme excursion capability.
- Ultra-light and rigid Rohacell composite cone provides excellent transient response.
Experience SVS Audio
The best place to audition any speaker or subwoofer is in your own home, in the exact listening room where you will enjoy them! SVS makes that risk-free!
View the Bill of Rights
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
**Frequency response graph does not denote maximum output capability.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- 17-200 Hz +/- 3 dB (20 Hz mode)
- 14-200 Hz +/- 3 dB (16 Hz mode)
- 21-200 Hz +/- 3 dB (sealed mode)
- Black gloss or full veneer black oak finish options.
- Front-firing 13.5" driver.
- Front-firing triple 3.5" high-flow flared ports.
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille.
- Dense foam port blockers (3) included.
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille.
- Rigid and braced Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) cabinet.
- Detachable power cord.
- Variable 20 Hz, 16 Hz and Sealed tuning modes.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 22.5" (H) x 20.5" (W) x 28" (D) (without grille).
- Overall Dimensions: 22.5" (H) x 20.5" (W) x 29.9" (D) (with grille).
- Carton Dimensions: 31" (H) x 26" (W) x 36" (D).
- Weight (unboxed): 155 pounds.
- Weight (boxed): 171 pounds.
- Shipped Dimensions (palletized): 36" (H) x 26" (W) x 40" (D).
- Shipped Weight (palletized): 188 pounds.
- SVS 13.5” extreme performance underhung Ultra driver.
- SVS custom-tooled die-cast aluminum basket.
- Flat-wire, 3” diameter, high-power, high-temp, 8-layer, aluminum voice coil.
- Polyimide impregnated fiberglass former/bobbin.
- Dual 9", composite layered, linear roll, extreme excursion spiders.
- Integrated tinsel leads.
- Nickel-plated high-tension spring terminals.
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and parabolic SBR extreme-excursion surround
- Composite pulp/fiberglass press layered cone with stitched surround
- Low carbon 1008 steel components, electrophoresis black plating
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized underhung motor structure for the lowest possible distortion
- Copper shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, and enhances thermal conductivity
- Dual Genox 8H/Y-35 high grade ferrite magnets
- Oversized pole vent for greater cooling and low noise
- STA-1000D Sledge with 1000 watts RMS continuous power (3600 watts peak dynamic power)
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology
- Detachable power cord with main power switch and ceramic fuse
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Auto-On / On switch with "green" standby mode
- Stereo line-level RCA and balanced (XLR) input/output connections
- Normal and Hi input voltage switch
- Customized EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the PB13-Ultra
- Variable tuning with 20Hz, 16Hz, and Sealed settings to match subwoofer port settings
- Fully adjustable (frequency and slope) phase-correct speaker/sub digital crossover
- Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright LCD display
- Two (2) digital PEQs with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values
- Room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope
- Adjustable digital delay on main speaker line-level outputs to time-align the speakers and subs
- Input impedance - 24 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 22 kΩ (balanced XLR)
Which SVS Subwoofer
is right for me?
We know that sometimes sorting out which subwoofer is just right for you can get confusing. That's why our Sound Experts are always here to answer your questions. Just call and we'd be delighted to share our knowledge and advice with you about speakers, subwoofers and home theaters in general.
Call us: 1.877.626.5623
Email us: email@example.com
LET MERLIN FIND THE PERFECT SUBWOOFER FOR YOUR SPEAKERS
Merlin analyzes the performance specs of thousands of speakers from every brand to find the exact matching subwoofer for your specific speakers. Use our Merlin engine and find the perfect match for your speakers, instantly!
1000 Watt DSP Controlled, 13.5" Ported Subwoofer With Variable Tuning