| 1" || tweeter |
| N/A || midrange |
| 6.5" || woofer |
| 45 Hz-32 kHz (+/-3 dB) || Freq. Response |
| 1.7" || Port Size & # |
| 15" (H) 8.5" (W) 10.9" (D) || Dimension |
| 19 lb || Weight |
SVS Ultra Bookshelf - Designed for the Discriminating Audiophile
Handsomely styled with a swept back profile and striking edge treatments, the Ultra Bookshelf draws design cues from the magnificent flagship Ultra Tower. Available in premium-grade piano gloss black and real black oak veneer finishes, the Ultra bookshelf looks stunning and will complement any upscale décor. Reference-grade bookshelf monitors have always held a warm spot in the heart of any serious audiophile, and the Ultra Bookshelf lives up to that esteemed legacy. This emotionally involving monitor delivers precise imaging, an amazingly coherent and deep soundstage, a wonderfully rich and compelling tonal balance and surprisingly deep and dynamic bass. Sure to thrill serious music aficionados everywhere, the Ultra Bookshelf immediately takes a place amongst the most highly-regarded 2-way monitors on the market.
Dramatic Styling Yields Sonic Benefits
The Ultra Bookshelf cabinet design yields numerous sonic benefits. The non-parallel cabinet panels reduce standing waves within the cabinet, effectively eliminating frequency response coloration. The wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response. Even the grille design is FEA-optimized to maximize acoustic transparency.
“Web-direct speaker-maker SVS, long known for outstanding subwoofers, knocked it out of the park on sound and build quality with the high-value, full-range Ultra speaker line.”
The Ultra Speakers receive Sound & Vision’s 2013 Top Pick of the Year Award, 1/29/2014. Read Review
See what impressed CNET about its performance... Read Review
"…the Ultra Bookshelf has no trouble filling a room. For $1,000 a pair it is a very impressive speaker, even when compared to those costing 50% more… Great bass, good depth to music, good soundstage, very nice build quality."
Reference Home Theater, Review by Chris Heinonen, 5/21/2015. Read Review
“If you’re looking for a high performance, attractive bookshelf speaker that can truly deliver on that “better than being there” experience for around $1k/pair, then you owe it to yourself to try these out”
Ultra Bookshelf Receives the Audioholics 2014 Product of the Year Award, 12/9/2014. Read Review
“Audiophiles take heed: The design, performance, and price make the SVS Ultra Bookshelf the perfect option for the last set of Bookshelf speakers you’ll ever need to purchase.”
The Ultra Bookshelf Receives Beststuff.com's 2014 Editors Choice Award, 9/24/2014. Read Review
"These speakers do everything well, and the more time I spent with them, the more I appreciated the way they could get the best out of any content in my library… The Ultra’s price/performance ratio is through the roof, and I recommend the line not only to those planning a purchase in this price category, but even to those who were planning to pay more. I don’t say this often, but I’ll say it now: I could live with these."
The Ultra Bookshelf Receives Home Theater Magazine's Top Picks Award. Read Review
“The strongest statement I can make about the SVS Ultra Bookshelf speakers is that, about midway through critical listening, I started scheming for a way to buy them. Yes, they're that good”
HomeTheaterReview.com, Review by Sean Killebrew, 9/9/2013. Read Review
“...these are beautiful, capable speakers that are also a terrific value...remarkable speakers at a head turning price...their performance stands toe to toe with much more expensive contenders”
Audioholics, Review by Marshall Guthrie, 4/3/2013. Read Review
“Cutting right to the chase, the Ultra Bookshelf speaker from SVS is a phenomenal achievement and arguably my favorite of the new Ultra series. The build quality is beyond reproach, as is SVS' commitment to its customers.”
HomeTheaterReview.com, Review by Andrew Robinson, 2/19/2013. Read Review
“There is so much to like about these speakers and so little to complain about. They offer a very balanced sound, with great dynamic capabilities... the best value in high performance bookshelf speakers!”
Audioholics, Review by Gene DellaSala, 8/22/2014. Read Review
"...the Ultras captured the music's spirit so beautifully I could not help but get lost in the hypnotic beats. Goosebump moments, for sure...the Ultras have a big sound not often found in stand mount designs. Before spending a bunch more, I highly suggest checking out SVS -- you might just find that far more expensive brands offer little, or nothing, more. Highly Recommended."
Audio|Video Revolution, Andre Marc, 5/7/2013. Read Review
“The bass from the quartet of 8in drivers and that weapons-grade hammer of a bass driver is wondrous. Rapid beyond belief, with astonishing grip and literally no overhang at all... But there's more than just an iron grip and lack of bass boominess - this is a whole package of loveliness...the SVS system's midband and effortless, soaring, clean and pure highs were able to entertain as well as unnerve.”
Home Cinema Choice, Review by Adam Rayner. Read Review
“These speakers disappeared and got out of the music's way better than any of the speakers I've tried in my system over the past several years.…the Ultra Bookshelf, on its own, is one of the very few affordably priced smallish stand-mounted speakers I wholeheartedly can recommend.”
Positive Feedback, Review by Steve Lefkowicz, September/October 2013. Read Review.
"The SVS Ultra Bookshelf … exceeded my overall expectations… It leaves the listener with the sensation that they are sitting in the front row, not the back."
AudioHead, HiFi Audio Reviews, 2/7/2013. Read Review
“The level of detail and inflection captured and put forth by the Ultra Series speakers was incredible…Simply put, the whole experience was fantastic. What more can an enthusiast on a budget ask for? I couldn't think of anything…”
Home Theater Review.com, Review by Andrew Robinson, 3/4/2013. Read Review
“The SVS Ultra bookshelf speakers are well-built, look slick and most importantly, sound great…The fact that they cost just under a grand a pair is quite amazing… A great effort from SVS… recommended.”
Malaysian Webzine Audiofi.net, Review, 2/16/2014. Read Review
Extreme Performance and Uncompromised Fidelity
The proprietary SVS drivers utilize the finest materials and design features to ensure the highest sound quality and performance. The Ultra Bookshelf driver array features a 1” aluminum dome tweeter and a 6.5” woofer.
1” aluminum dome tweeter
- Utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser which delivers a very open ‘airy’ presentation and extremely unveiled highs.
- Delivers a sound stage so pure and free of artifacts that you'll swear the performers are in the room.
Delivers scintillating midrange detail combined with remarkable bass response:
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio which improves sensitivity and maintains pistonic behavior well beyond the pass-band of the driver.
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response.
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and enhance heat-sinking capacity.
Intelligently Designed for Your Listening Room
The SoundMatch 2-way crossover features premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards to ensure pure signal transmission. Careful selection of the crossover frequency and slopes results in a smooth off-axis polar response, outstanding phase coherency and enhanced radiation of total sound power with a generous sweet spot and stable sound stage.
Experience SVS Audio
The best place to audition any speaker or subwoofer is in your own home, in the exact listening room where you will enjoy them! SVS makes that risk-free!
View the Bill of Rights
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 45 Hz-32 kHz (+/-3 dB).
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz).
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts.
- Bookshelf Loudspeaker
- Real black oak veneer, piano gloss black, and gloss white finish options.
- Dual gold-plated 5-way binding posts.
- 1.7" wide-flared rear-firing port.
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system.
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height).
- Cabinet Dimensions: 15” (H) x 8.5” (W) x 10.6” (D) (without grille).
- Overall Dimensions: 15” (H) x 8.5” W x 10.9” (D) (with grille).
- Shipped Dimensions: 50" (H) x 24" (W) x 14" (D)
- Weight: 19 pounds.
- Shipped Weight: 42 pounds.
1" aluminum dome tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation.
- Aluminum dome delivers exceptional transient response and exceptional stiffness/mass ratio.
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio for high sensitivity and pistonic behavior beyond pass band.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response.
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and additional heat-sinking capacity.
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels.
Crossover & Cabinet Specs
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards.
- Crossover frequency and slopes optimized for excellent off-axis polar response, outstanding phase coherency, and total radiated sound power.
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2 kHz.
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles, wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers all contribute to reduced edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response.
- FEA-optimized bracing reduces cabinet resonances.
Which SVS Speaker
is right for me?
We know that sometimes sorting out which speaker is just right for you can get confusing. That's why our Sound Experts are always here to answer your questions.Just call and we'd be delighted to share our knowledge and advice with you about speakers, subwoofers and home theaters in general.
Call us: 1.877.626.5623
Email us: email@example.com
i have speakers, which
subwoofer is the perfect match?
Tell us about your speakers and Merlin, our subwoofer selection tool, will evaluate your speaker's specifications and identify the best SVS subwoofer match.
It's not magic — it's Merlin.
Reference-grade bookshelf monitor with 2-way crossover, 1" aluminum dome tweeter and 6.5" woofer.