| dual 1" || tweeter |
| N/A || midrange |
| dual 5.5" || woofer |
| 58 Hz-32 kHz (+/-3 dB) || Freq. Response |
| N/A || Port Size & # |
| 14" (H) 12.3" (W) 7" (D) || Dimension |
| 18 lb || Weight |
SVS Ultra Surround - Immersive Surround Sound Experience
High-definition movie and multi-channel music soundtracks demand a high-performance surround speaker. The Ultra Surround rises to the challenge, delivering immersive and thrilling surround sound effects rivalling the finest commercial cinemas.
Finished in premium-grade piano gloss black and real black oak veneer, and featuring a compact driver array with 45-degree baffles and a shallow cabinet depth, the Ultra Surround integrates seamlessly into any upscale home theater.
Unique and Flexible Surround Sound Modes
For the ultimate in flexibility, the Ultra Surround can operate in three different surround sound modes:
- Bipole - both sets of drivers in phase.
- Dipole mode - both sets of drivers out of phase.
- Duet mode - each set of drivers receives a discrete signal.
Duet mode creates two separate speakers within one cabinet, allowing true 7-channel surround sound with just two surround speakers instead of the more common four. Duet mode is very useful for enthusiasts who want to experience discrete 7 channel surround sound, but who lack the space for a separate set of rear surround speakers.
The Ultra Surround also features an integral aluminum wall mounting bracket, with a safety catch feature which helps prevent the speaker from being inadvertently dislodged.
Dramatic Styling Yields Sonic Benefits
The stylish Ultra Surround cabinet design yields numerous sonic benefits. The non-parallel cabinet panels reduce standing waves within the cabinet, effectively eliminating frequency response coloration. The wedge-shaped front baffles and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response. Even the grille design is FEA-optimized to maximize acoustic transparency.
“Web-direct speaker-maker SVS, long known for outstanding subwoofers, knocked it out of the park on sound and build quality with the high-value, full-range Ultra speaker line.”
The Ultra Speakers receive Sound & Vision’s 2013 Top Pick of the Year Award, 1/29/2014. Read Review
"These speakers do everything well, and the more time I spent with them, the more I appreciated the way they could get the best out of any content in my library… The Ultra’s price/performance ratio is through the roof, and I recommend the line not only to those planning a purchase in this price category, but even to those who were planning to pay more. I don’t say this often, but I’ll say it now: I could live with these."
The Ultra Surround Receives Home Theater Magazine's Top Picks Award. Read Review
“Dynamics of a custom theater system, neutrality and ambience of an audiophile system…Certified and Recommended.”
Sound&Vision, Review by Brent Butterworth, June 2013. Read Review
“Dammit, I think SVS may have rigged the awards. Well, that, or they simply consistently make stellar products. Okay, it's the latter.”
Audioholics, 2013 Consumer Excellence Award, 7/3/2013. View Award
“The level of detail and inflection captured and put forth by the Ultra Series speakers was incredible…Simply put, the whole experience was fantastic. What more can an enthusiast on a budget ask for? I couldn't think of anything…”
Home Theater Review.com, Review by Andrew Robinson, 3/4/2013. Read Review
“...an exceptional multichannel loudspeaker system that is true to SVS' tradition of offering higher performance for the money through R&D and design... the SVS Ultras offer a level of price/performance value that is rare, if non-existent.”
Widescreen Review Magazine, Review by Gary Reber, March 2013. Read Review
“The SVS Ultra Tower Surround speaker package came as close to earning a perfect 10 as any other speaker system we've heard in its price class...for our money, this is the speaker system to beat this year and possibly for years to come.”
Digital Trends, Review by Caleb Denison, 4/22/2013. Read Review
“The bass from the quartet of 8in drivers and that weapons-grade hammer of a bass driver is wondrous. Rapid beyond belief, with astonishing grip and literally no overhang at all... But there's more than just an iron grip and lack of bass boominess - this is a whole package of loveliness...the SVS system's midband and effortless, soaring, clean and pure highs were able to entertain as well as unnerve.”
Home Cinema Choice, Review by Adam Rayner. Read Review
“These speakers, particularly the Tower, can do anything...performed flawlessly.”
Home Theater Forum, Review by Sam Chandler, 5/22/2013. Read Review
Clarity Alliance announces SVS/Primare as the “Best Home Cinema Room 2013.”
Best of Show Awards, Sound & Vision - The Bristol Show 2013. View Award
www.tu.no, Review by Håvard Holmedal, 9/14/2013. Read Review
Extreme Performance and Uncompromised Fidelity
The proprietary SVS drivers utilize the finest materials and design features to ensure the highest sound quality and performance. The Ultra Surround driver array features dual 1” aluminum dome tweeters and dual 5.5” woofers.
Dual 1” aluminum dome tweeters
- Utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser which delivers a very open ‘airy’ presentation and extremely unveiled highs.
- Delivers a sound stage so pure and free of artifacts that you'll swear the performers are in the room.
Dual 5.5" woofers
Delivers excellent midrange detail and radiated sound power with surprisingly punchy bass response:
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio which improves sensitivity and maintains pistonic behavior well beyond the pass-band of the driver.
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response.
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and enhance heat-sinking capacity.
Intelligently Designed for Your Listening Room
The Ultra Surround features dual isolated crossover networks to allow for bipole, dipole or the unique Duet operating modes. The SoundMatch 2-way crossover features premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards to ensure pure signal transmission. Careful selection of the crossover frequency and slopes results in outstanding total radiated sound power.
Experience SVS Audio
The best place to audition any speaker or subwoofer is in your own home, in the exact listening room where you will enjoy them! SVS makes that risk-free!
View the Bill of Rights
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 58 Hz-32 kHz (+/-3 dB).
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz, bipolar mode).
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-250 watts.
- Dual Baffle Surround Loudspeaker
- Piano gloss black and real black oak veneer finish options.
- Dual independent gold-plated 5-way binding posts.
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system.
- Aluminum wall mounting bracket with safety catch feature to help prevent inadvertent removal.
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 14” (H) x 12.3” (W) x 6.9” (D).
- Overall Dimensions: 14” (H) x 12.3” (W) x 7” (D) (with bracket).
- Shipped Dimensions: 19" (H) x 22" (W) x 17" (D)
- Weight: 18 pounds.
- Shipped Weight: 40 pounds.
1" aluminum dome tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation.
- Aluminum dome delivers exceptional transient response and exceptional stiffness/mass ratio.
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio for high sensitivity and pistonic behavior beyond pass band.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response.
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and additional heat-sinking capacity.
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels.
Crossover & Cabinet Specs
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards.
- Dual isolated crossover networks allows for bipole, dipole or unique Duet mode.
- Crossover frequency and slopes optimized for outstanding total radiated sound power.
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.0 kHz.
- Non-parallel cabinet panels reduces axial standing waves within the cabinet, reducing frequency response coloration.
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles, wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers all contribute to reduced edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response.
Which SVS Speaker
is right for me?
We know that sometimes sorting out which speaker is just right for you can get confusing. That's why our Sound Experts are always here to answer your questions.Just call and we'd be delighted to share our knowledge and advice with you about speakers, subwoofers and home theaters in general.
Call us: 1.877.626.5623
Email us: email@example.com
i have speakers, which
subwoofer is the perfect match?
Tell us about your speakers and Merlin, our subwoofer selection tool, will evaluate your speaker's specifications and identify the best SVS subwoofer match.
It's not magic — it's Merlin.
Premium surround loudspeaker with dual 1" aluminum dome tweeters, dual 5.5" woofers and bipole, dipole and Duet configuration modes.