Which SVS subwoofer is right for me?We know that sometimes sorting out which subwoofer is just right for you can get confusing. That's why we're always here to answer your questions.
Which SVS speakers are right for me?We know that sometimes sorting out which speakers are just right for you can get confusing. That's why we're always here to answer your questions.
Your SVS Bill of Rights: View All
400 Watt DSP Controlled, 12" Ported Cylinder Subwoofer.
Product in stock. Ships within one business day.
Designed and Manufactured by SVS!
Frequency Response/Acoustic Data:
**Frequency response graph does not denote maximum output capability.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- 18-130 Hz +/- 3 dB
- Cabinet Dimensions: 35.3" (H), 16.6" (OD)
- Overall Dimensions: 36.3" (H), 16.6" (OD)(includes feet,grille, amplifier)
- Weight (unboxed): 49 pounds
- Shipped Dimensions: 40" (H), 20" (OD)
- Shipped Weight: 60 pounds
- Extremely rigid and strong cylinder enclosure
- High-grade black fabric exterior cover
- Down-firing driver with integral base plate
- Top-firing 4" high-flow flared port
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Power cord length: 8 feet.
- SVS 12” NSD driver
- 2” diameter, high-power voice coil with high-temp former
- Nomex linear roll long-throw spider
- Low-creep rubber long-throw surround
- Spider-integrated tinsel leads
- Aluminum cone and composite dust cap with SVS logo
- Powder-coated cast aluminum basket
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure
- Dual shorting rings and pole extenders to reduce gap induction and distortion
- Dual high-grade ferrite magnets
- Pole piece vent for greater cooling, low noise, and reduced air compression
- STA-400D Sledge with 400 watts RMS continuous power (800 watts peak dynamic power)
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology
- Detachable power cord with main power switch and fuse
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Auto-On / On switch with "green" standby mode
- Stereo line-level RCA input/output connections
- Fully adjustable low pass filter with Disable setting
- Unfiltered (for daisy-chain) and 80 Hz HPF line level RCA outputs
- Customized EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the PC12-NSD
- Input impedance - 20 kΩ (unbalanced RCA)
Calling this an 'entry level cylinder' is like getting in Subwoofer Tower on the 52nd floor. Surprising output, clarity and punch.
Like a prize-fighter, the PC12-NSD stands and delivers. Stable and confident in its iconic stance, it pummels overpriced competitors. While its footprint is a mere 16.6”, it is engineered to use height to advantage. Vertical volume takes its power and precision above and beyond. Concert CDs put you on the stage—bass players’ virtuosity finally gets the spotlight it deserves. Drum beats are tight and clean, never muddy or boomy. HD movies also enjoy the PC12-NSD’s muscle—action scenes pack gut-wrenching blows—thrillers are even creepier with spine-tingling low rumble. If floor space and budget are tight, this is the subwoofer you want on your team.
Sledge Amplification – Foundation of Epic Performance
True to the SVS philosophy, the PC12-NSD has been rigorously engineered and designed; meticulous attention is given to how each part will enhance the listening experience. The Sledge STA-400D is no exception. With digital bass management, and flexible set up, it is fully armed to integrate with your equipment and room characteristics. Its effortless 800 watts peak power, and 400 watts continuous power, are the foundation of both the PC12-NSD punch, and musical subtlety.
SVS 12" NSD High Output Driver
With SVS, mid-size and affordable doesn’t mean giving up performance. The 12” driver in the PB12-NSD pumps out loads of deep and powerful bass with low distortion, for smooth and accurate performance on music and movies.
Premium Finish, Handsome Styling, Versatile Placement Options, Easy Room Integration
- FEA-optimized motor technology with dual shorting rings and to reduce induction and distortion.
- Vented pole-piece for greater cooling, low noise, and reduced compression artifacts.
- Long-throw suspension with Nomex spider for high output at deep frequencies.
- High-power voice coil and pole piece extension for excellent thermal management.
- Lightweight 12" aluminum cone for enhanced sensitivity and transient response.
- Rubber surround for durability and long-life.
Tall, elegant, and attractively dressed in black cloth grille, the PC12-NSD has the styling to match its remarkable performance. With a footprint of just over 16.6”, the handsome, compact PC12-NSD is easy to position in limited living space.
SVS: The sound you love, at the price you deserve.
- Black cloth finish
- Dimensions: 35.75" (H) x 16.6" (W)
- Weight: 49 Pounds.
Whichever SVS product you choose, you will be confident knowing you are getting the finest audio for the money. Buy now and we’ll ship it to you free. Plus, you’ll have 45 days to audition your SVS purchase at home: with your gear, your settings in your environment. If it’s not to your liking, we’ll pay to ship it back. No hassle. No questions asked.
“The PC12-NSD’s tall, cylindrical profile yields a ton of tight, deep bass in a relatively small footprint.”
The PC12-NSD subwoofer receives Sound & Vision’s 2013 Top Pick of the Year Award, 1/29/2014. Read Review
"If there is a single subwoofer that revolutionized both the price/performance ratio and the way we buy subwoofers, the SVS Powered Cylinder is it."
AVForums.com, Review by Russell Williams, 7/8/2012. Read Review.
“We have yet to encounter an SVS sub we didn’t love, and the PC12-NSD is no exception… I can’t imagine anyone who wouldn’t love this subwoofer.”
Sound & Vision Magazine, Review by Brent Butterworth. Read Review
"...the PC12-NSD offers performance that belies its size and price - rarely displaying any faults but delivering a consistently surprising level of output, clarity and punch."
Home Theater Shack, Review by Dave Upton, 7/24/2012. Read Review.
If there is a single subwoofer that revolutionized both the price/performance ratio and the way we buy subwoofers, the SVS Powered Cylinder is it.
| Customer Reviews
|Amplifier||400 watts RMS|
(800 watts peak)
|Port Size & #||Single 4"|
|Freq.Response||18-130Hz ± 3dB|
Recommended Accessories for the PC12-NSD:
SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System / $49.99
The SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System isolates the subwoofer from the flooring, resulting in tighter sounding bass, less rattles in the room, fewer complaints from neighbors and works with any brand of subwoofer which accepts screw-in feet.
SoundPath Subwoofer Interconnect Cables / $24.99
Connect your subwoofer to your receiver using high performance, precision-built subwoofer cables with hallmark SVS value. Available in convenient lengths ranging from 1 meter to 15 meters to suit a wide variety of room sizes and applications!
Sub-Link 2.4 GHz Wireless Subwoofer System / $79.99
Connect your subwoofer to your system wirelessly with this 2.4GHz transmitter and receiver containing everything necessary for quick and easy set-up and operation.
The PC12-NSD Has Been Added to Your Cart
You've taken the first step! Once your order is complete we'll work with you to arrange shipping, provide setup guides and answer any questions you may have.
Now here's an optional accessory to get your system working when you open the box. Or skip to your cart.
400 Watt DSP Controlled, 12" Ported Cylinder Subwoofer.