Which SVS subwoofer is right for me?We know that sometimes sorting out which subwoofer is just right for you can get confusing. That's why we're always here to answer your questions.
Which SVS speakers are right for me?We know that sometimes sorting out which speakers are just right for you can get confusing. That's why we're always here to answer your questions.
Your SVS Bill of Rights: View All
800 Watt DSP Controlled, 12" Ported Subwoofer with Variable Tuning
Product in stock. Ships within one business day.
Designed and Manufactured by SVS!
Frequency Response/Acoustic Data:
**Frequency response graph does not denote maximum output capability.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- 18-250 Hz +/- 3 dB (20 Hz mode)
- 16-250 Hz +/- 3 dB (16 Hz mode)
- 23-250 Hz +/- 3 dB (sealed mode)
- Cabinet Dimensions: 21.5" (H) x 19.8" (W) x 25.2"(D)
- Overall Dimensions: 22" (H) x 19.8" (W) x 28.3"(D) (includes feet, grille, amplifier)
- Weight (unboxed): 127 pounds
- Shipped Dimensions: 33" (H) x 25" (W) x 40"(D)
- Shipped Weight: 168 pounds
- Rigid and braced Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) cabinet
- Black gloss or full veneer black oak finish
- Front-firing driver
- Front-firing triple 3" high-flow flared ports
- Dense foam port blockers (3) included
- Variable 20 Hz, 16 Hz and Sealed tuning modes
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Power cord length: 8 feet
- SVS 12” high performance Plus driver
- Bifilar wound, 3” diameter, high-power aluminum voice coil
- Polyimide impregnated fiberglass former/bobbin
- Single, composite layered, linear roll long-throw spider
- Integrated tinsel leads
- Nickel-plated high-tension spring terminals
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and parabolic SBR surround
- Composite pulp/fiberglass press layered cone with stitched surround
- Low carbon 1008 steel components, electrophoresis black plating
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure
- Copper shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, and enhances thermal conductivity
- Dual Genox 8H/Y-35 high grade ferrite magnets
- Oversized pole vent for greater cooling and low noise
- STA-800D Sledge with 800 watts RMS continuous power (2300 watts peak dynamic power)
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology
- Detachable power cord with main power switch and ceramic fuse
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Auto-On / On switch with "green" standby mode
- Stereo line-level RCA and balanced (XLR) input/output connections
- Normal and Hi input voltage switch
- Customized EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the PB12-Plus
- Variable tuning with 20Hz, 16Hz, and Sealed settings to match subwoofer port settings
- Fully adjustable (frequency and slope) phase-correct speaker/sub digital crossover
- Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright LCD display
- Digital PEQ with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values
- Room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope
- Input impedance - 24 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 22 kΩ (balanced XLR)
The subtleties of jazz, to the chest-crushing bazooka blasts of Hollywood blockbusters. All at a mid-level price.
With 2300 watts peak power and weight of 127 lb. is a tank. Many pricey subwoofers don’t stand a chance against its power and precision. This weapon is the embodiment of research and engineering. For action, sci-fi, and scary movies it delivers earth-shaking payloads of bass with precision. Its clean, tight, accurate lows rival professional cinemas. In fact, there are times you may not even hear it at work, but you’ll feel it. On the edge of sub-sonic levels it stirs your senses so well it can give you goosebumps. That said, this isn’t a no-finesse brute. The PB12-Plus delivers music with style. From cello and upright bass, to sax and electric bass, soft passages and subtle scores are deftly rendered with nuance and dimension. The PB12-Plus is definitely armed and ready for duty in your home.
Sledge Amplification – Intelligent and Sophisticated Power
True to the SVS philosophy, the PB12-Plus has been rigorously engineered and designed; meticulous attention is given to how each part will enhance the listening experience. The Sledge STA-800D is no exception. With digital bass management, room gain compensation, and flexible set up it is fully armed to integrate with your equipment and room characteristics. Its effortless 2300 watts peak power, and 800 watts continuous power, are the foundation of both the PB12-Plus punch, and musical subtlety.
Plus-12 Driver - Rugged and Refined
Now in its 5th generation of refinement, the exclusive SVS Plus-12 woofer delivers audiophile-grade sound that is unmatched at this price point. In fact, this driver is so overbuilt, our R&D engineers had to push it with over 2000 watts before it even broke a sweat. From this firm foundation of rugged reliability, the Plus-12 driver delivers exceptional linearity, low-distortion, and excellent detail.
Click on any photo to see a full, detailed image:
Premium Finishes, Handsome Styling, Versatile Placement Options, Easy Room Integration
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor with copper shorting sleeve to reduce gap induction and distortion.
- Bifilar wound, 3" diameter, high-power aluminum voice coil.
- Dual linear-roll spiders and stitched parabolic surround for extreme excursion capability.
- Ultra-light and rigid composite cone provides excellent transient response.
Finished in premium black oak, or piano gloss black, with complementary curved metal grille, the PB12-Plus has the styling to match its remarkable performance. A manageable footprint of under 25.5” on all sides, yet weighing over 125 pounds, the PB12-Plus stands solidly where placed and delivers astounding low-end output.
SVS: The sound you love, at the price you deserve.
- Premium real black oak veneer or piano gloss black
- Protective curved metal grille
- Dimensions: 21.5" (H) x 19.75" (W) x 25.2" (D)
- Weight: 127 Pounds
Whichever SVS product you choose, you will be confident knowing you are getting the finest audio for the money. Buy now and we’ll ship it to you free. Plus, you’ll have 45 days to audition your SVS purchase at home—with your gear, your settings in your environment. If it’s not to your liking, we’ll pay to ship it back. No hassle. No questions asked.
"The PB12-Plus at least matches the performance of any subwoofer in this test, and its price is about 40% less than that of the next-least-expensive sub we tested. If you've got the space for this behemoth, it's probably the best deal going for a high-end subwoofer."
Sound & Vision Magazine, Review by Brent Butterworth, 9/1/2009. Read Review.
"From its ungodly output capabilities, true 20Hz extension, and ability to play clean and distortion free, the PB12-Plus DSP has truly earned the right to be called a 'subwoofer'."
Audioholics, 2010 Product of the Year - Subwoofer Category, Review by Paul Apollonio, 1/1/2011. Read Review.
"The SVS PB12-Plus is truly a chameleon among subwoofers. It can play loud; it can play soft and everywhere in between. It can play as well up high as it does down low, a quality many subs lack. Its multiple port tunings and parametric EQ mean it can work well in any room with any speaker system. Its build quality is on par with the most expensive products available and it looks great too. I'd have to say SVS has hit this one out of the park."
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity, Review by Chris Eberle, 2/1/2009. Read Review.
From its ungodly output capabilities, true 20Hz extension, and ability to play clean and distortion free, the PB12-Plus DSP has truly earned the right to be called a 'subwoofer'.
| Customer Reviews
|Amplifier||800 watts RMS|
(2300 watts peak)
|Port Size & #||Triple 3"|
|Freq.Response||18-250 Hz ± 3 dB (20 Hz mode)|
16-250 Hz ± 3 dB (16 Hz mode)
23-250 Hz ± 3 dB (sealed mode)
Recommended Accessories for the PB12-Plus:
Soundpath Subwoofer Isolation System - 6 pack / $69.99
The SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System isolates the subwoofer from the flooring, resulting in tighter sounding bass, less rattles in the room, fewer complaints from neighbors and works with any brand of subwoofer which accepts screw-in feet.
SoundPath Subwoofer Interconnect Cables / $24.99
Connect your subwoofer to your receiver using high performance, precision-built subwoofer cables with hallmark SVS value. Available in convenient lengths ranging from 1 meter to 15 meters to suit a wide variety of room sizes and applications!
Sub-Link 2.4 GHz Wireless Subwoofer System / $79.99
Connect your subwoofer to your system wirelessly with this 2.4GHz transmitter and receiver containing everything necessary for quick and easy set-up and operation.
The PB12-Plus Has Been Added to Your Cart
You've taken the first step! Once your order is complete we'll work with you to arrange shipping, provide setup guides and answer any questions you may have.
Now here's an optional accessory to get your system working when you open the box. Or skip to your cart.
800 Watt DSP Controlled, 12" Ported Subwoofer with Variable Tuning