Prime Satellite - Piano Gloss - Outlet - 1265
Outlet Special: Small scratches by top right and lower left grill cups. See additional pictures. Factory inspected and tested. 5-Year Unconditional Warranty and complete Bill of Rights coverage.
In stock & Ships in one business day
45 Day Risk-Free In-Home Trial | Fast & Free Shipping and Returns 5-Year Unconditional WarrantyFind a Dealer
Order by Phone: 1.877.626.5623
All this and more on every SVS order.See the bill of rights
69 Hz-25 kHz (±3 dB)"FREQ. RESPONSE
1”Port Size & #
8.85” (H) 4.9” (W) 6.3” (D)Dimension
Introducing the PRIME SATELLITE
From the moment you feel the weight of the Prime Satellite Speaker, it becomes clear that no satellite speaker has ever offered this level of audiophile design, high-end components and precise build quality. Jets thunder through the sky. Bullets graze your ears. Prime Satellites simply outclass the tiny and tinny surround speakers designed to be more form than performer. Prime Satellites revolutionize surround speakers—in fact, they employ many of the same components as their bigger brothers in the Prime and Ultra lines.
Strategically placed, Prime Satellites create awe-inspiring realism and seamless sonic transitions from front- to-back and side-to-side. When the lights dim and the score fades in, they flood your room with dynamic audio realism and action. Painstakingly voiced and sonically matched, Prime Satellites are designed to blend with SVS towers, bookshelves, or in a system all their own for endless listening possibilities.
"With effortless performance, elegant design, and striking value, SVS’ Prime Series hits the ultimate sweet spot in the audiophile segment."Digital Trends, Review, 6/17/2015.
“The SVS Prime Satellites rocked the house. They are some of the best-sounding affordable small speakers I've heard. In fact, I found myself preferring their precision to the sound coming from considerably pricier tower speakers…Simply put, the Prime Satellites performed spectacularly!”AVForums, Review by Mark Henninger, 3/18/2015.
“SVS’s Prime Satellite 5.1 system is as good as it gets for $1,000…a genuine achievement.”Sound + Vision, Review by Daniel Kumin, 12/29/2014.
"…speakers that blow the whole notion of “bang for your buck” wide open."Digital Trends, Review, 3/21/2015.
"… have a surprisingly big sound… flawless in its performance…get a audiophile grade home theater system at a fraction of the cost."AVTechReviews, Review by Chris Murray, 12/3/2014.
"For about the price of a good soundbar, SVS delivers an immersive 5.1 home theater experience from a system that includes five Prime Satellite speakers and a powerful SB-1000 subwoofer."Prime Satellite 5.1 System Nominated for Electronic House 2015 Products of the Year, 3/3/2015.
"I had to watch it again and again to make sure I wasn't just fooling myself. It really is that good… Solid performance, striking design, exceptional build quality and all at a price point that is remarkable for what you get."Home Theater Forum, Review by Sam Posten, 1/8/2015.
"The Prime Center is a three-way design. I was happy to hear that SVS went with this design choice as it addresses the off-axis issues that are common to the two-way design short-cuts manufacturers sometimes take to keep prices down. At this price point, its refreshing to see that SVS chose to go with a three-way design."The Poor Audiophile, Review, 10/16/2014.
"When you listen to $100k systems all day, it’s difficult to be really excited about $1k speakers. But let me tell you, these speakers, when listening in nearfield, are some of the best I’ve heard in the budget speaker category."TheAbsoluteSound.com, Review by Spencer Holbert, 10/14/2014.
"At $134.99 a pop, the Prime Satellite is one of audio’s bona-fide bargains. I’ve heard speakers costing $250 each that struggle to keep up with the Satellites, as well as $135 speakers that can’t come close to the cleanness and accuracy of their sound. I’m not sure there’s a better value today in audio."GoodSound.com, Review by Kevin East, 8/1/2015.
"The quality and the clarity of these speakers is absolutely amazing. These speakers pull out those mids and highs really we’ll so you’re hearing everything that’s going on."GeeksLife, Review by David Foster, 11/14/2015
Owner Ratings & Reviews
SVS Drivers Extreme Performance and Uncompromised Fidelity
Leveraging design and technology from the SVS Ultra family, the Prime Satellite features high-quality drivers and crossover components simply not found anywhere else in this segment:
1” ALUMINUM DOME TWEETER
The 1” Aluminum dome tweeter, which is light, efficient, and rigid, provides high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) with minimal distortion and the sense of utter transparency. It deploys a Finite-Element-Analysis (FEA) optimized diffuser to ensure the tweeter only has the perfect on-axis and off-axis frequency response. That way everyone in your listening room gets the best performance. Likewise, since we share these design traits with both the Prime and Ultra speakers, both product lines can blend well with one another while offering that SVS hallmark ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs.
We built our groundbreaking new 4.5” bass woofer on an all-new cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket for precise component alignment and an inert frame without resonances or added harmonics. Like all of the other drivers in the Prime family, the polypropylene cone is light and rigid to give a flat frequency response and the SPL necessary to keep up with the other drivers. Like all of the other woofers in the Prime and Ultra series, the 4.5” woofer uses aluminum shorting rings for reduced distortion, and a vented voice coil former to keep the motor assembly cool during high SPL playback. For perfect bass extension the cabinet is rear ported and tuned perfectly for the 4.5” woofer.
Soundmatch Crossover Intelligently Designed For Your Listening Room
Our exclusive SoundMatch crossover sports premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors, and heavy-trace printed circuit boards. All of these high-quality components yield lower distortion, tighter tolerances, better heat dissipation, and all around better sound. The 2-way crossover is uniquely tuned so each driver can blend perfectly each other while offering the best on and off-axis response, while maintaining phase coherency and razor sharp time domain behavior.
Experience SVS Audio 100% Risk-Free
The best place to audition any speaker or subwoofer isn't a noisy store; it's your own home, in the exact listening room where you will enjoy them!View the Bill of Rights
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 69 Hz-25 kHz (±3 dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 85 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts
- Satellite Loudspeaker
- Black ash and piano gloss black finish options
- 5-way binding posts
- 1” wide-flared rear-firing port
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Keyway bracket for easy and convenient wall mounting (includes extra bumper pads for wall stand-off)
- Cabinet Dimensions: 8.75" (H) X 4.9" (W) X 6" (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 8.85" (H) X 4.9" (W) X 6.3" (D) (includes grille and bumper feet)
- Shipped Dimensions-2 Pack: 11.7" (H) X 13.9" (W) X 8.9" (D)
- Shipped Dimensions 3 Pack: 11.7" (H) X 20.3" (W) X 8.9" (D)
- Weight Unboxed: 6.5 pounds
- Shipped Weight 2 Pack: 14.7 pounds
- Shipped Weight 3 Pack: 21.7 pounds
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
- Aluminum dome delivers exceptional transient response and exceptional stiffness/mass ratio
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response
- Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer
- Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts
Crossover & Cabinet Specs
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.3 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes)
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction
- FEA-optimized cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances
- Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response
Looking for something else?
High-end sound that fits your livingspace. Bookshelf monitors have never sounded better
Prime Towers are the robust foundation of a great 2-channel or multi-channel system: Refined yet ready-to-rumble, this impressive pair performs at a world-class level.
Complete 5.1 system featuring a pair of Prime Satellites and SB-1000 subwoofer.