SVS Ported Subwoofers
Seismic Output, Subterranean Low Frequency Extension
A subwoofer is a purpose-built loudspeaker solely responsible for playing low frequencies (bass). SVS ported subwoofers deliver massive, effortless bass while remaining accurate and refined so you can hear and feel every heart-pounding detail with its full impact and clarity.
Ported subwoofers are popular for users who enjoy pushing sound pressure levels (SPLs) to the max in a home theater environment and for music fans who want the deepest extension and most output possible. If you want to experience the full energy of every action movie explosion or the guttural feeling of a musical bass drop, an SVS ported subwoofer is ideal for you.
All SVS ported subwoofers (and nearly all SVS sealed subwoofers) play below 20Hz, the threshold of human hearing. Below this frequency, sound is only felt and playback adds a deeply immersive, palpable effect that draws you further into movies, music and other audio experiences.
Compared to sealed cabinet subwoofers with similar sized drivers and amplifier power, ported (or vented) subwoofers produce greater dynamic output and can generally play lower. Sealed subwoofers excel with punchiness, accuracy, and transient response, while being more compact in size. SVS is always narrowing the delta between ported and sealed subwoofer performance and for a more detailed explanation, check out the SVS Sound Experts article, Ported vs. Sealed Subwoofers.
Known as our “PB” (Ported Box) and “PC” (Ported Cylinder) models, SVS offers a range of ported subwoofer options for all different home theaters and audio systems.
- Driver | 12"
- Amplifier | 325 watts RMS (820+ watts peak)
- Freq. Response | 17-260 Hz ±3 dB
- Dimensions | 18.9" (H) 15" (W) 20" (D)
- Driver | 12"
- Amplifier | 550 watts RMS (1500+ watts peak)
- Freq. Response | 16Hz to 290Hz +/-3dB (standard mode)
- Freq. Response | 17Hz to 290Hz +/-3dB (sealed mode)
- Dimensions | 20.9" (H) 17.3" (W) 23.6" (D)
- Driver | 13"
- Amplifier | 800 watts RMS (2500+ watts peak)
- Freq. Response | 16-260 Hz ±3 dB (standard mode)
18-260 Hz ±3 dB (sealed mode)
- Dimensions | 21.9” (H) 18.3” (W) 26” (D)
- Driver | 13.5"
- Amplifier | 1200 watts RMS (4200 watts peak)
- Freq. Response | 16-200 Hz ±3 dB (standard mode)
13-200 Hz ±3 dB (extended mode)
18-200 Hz ±3 dB (sealed mode)
- Dimension | 23.4” (H) 20.5” (W) 30” (D)
- Driver | 16"
- Amplifier | 1500 watts RMS (5000+ watts peak)
- Freq. Response | 15-280 Hz +/- 3 dB (standard mode)
13-280 Hz +/- 3 dB (extended mode)
14-360 Hz +/- 3 dB (sealed mode)
- Dimension | 25” H X 21.7” W X 30.9” D