Ported box home theater subwoofer with 10-inch high output driver and 300 watts RMS, 700+ watts peak power amplifier, the PB-1000 delivers ground-shaking SPL output and subterranean low frequency extension without sacrificing detail and accuracy. Read More
45 Day Risk-Free In-Home Trial. Fast & Free Shipping and Returns.
5-Year Unconditional Warranty
The PB-1000 is an anomaly in the world of subwoofers. It plays below the levels of human hearing, down to 19Hz and lower, yet costs a fraction of what subwoofers with similar low frequency extension and output go for. Simply put, it’s the deepest, most effortless and authoritative bass you’ll find for under $500. No subwoofer comes close to offering this level of low frequency performance value.
- Driver | 10"
- Amplifier | 300 watts RMS (720 watts peak)
- Freq. Response | 19-270 Hz ±3dB
- Port Size & # | Single 3.5"
- Dimension | 18.9" (H) 15" (W) 19.4" (D)
- Weight | 46lbs
Considering the low frequency extension and thunderous SPL output without sacrificing musicality, the PB-1000 defies expectations at every level. The front-firing driver features dual high-grade ferrite magnets and FEA-optimized internal motor technology that enable extreme excursion for high output with extremely low distortion. Performance of the 10-inch driver rivals that of 12 and 15-inch drivers housed in much larger cabinets.
Commanding 10-inch SVS High Output Driver
The lightweight cone material of the PB-1000 long-stroke driver reproduces massive LFEs and subtle music tones with lifelike realism, making the subwoofer a perfect option for both home theater and music lovers. Durable rubber surrounds also ensure long-lasting performance, even when the subwoofer is pushed to its performance limits for extended periods of time.
Powerful and Sophisticated Sledge STA-300D Amplifier
Driving the PB-1000 subwoofer is an integrated SVS Sledge STA-300D amplifier with a sophisticated DSP perfectly matched to the unique ported cabinet configuration, and an equalization curve optimized for enhanced transient response and room gain. Conservatively rated at 300 watts RMS and 700+ watts peak power, the Sledge amplifier maintains precise control of the subwoofer at all drive levels so you can push to reference volumes and maintain accuracy in frequency response. Challenge the PB-1000 with the most challenging musical bassline or soundtrack and it stays true to the source content without compromise. The advanced DSP engine also allows for fine tuning of audio playback and easy set-up and integration into any home theater or stereo system.
When it comes to filling out the lower octaves of our favorite audio content, few, if any, subwoofers approach what the PB-1000 achieves for the price. Its ability to convey the chest-thumping slam and room pressurizing LFEs, and also subtle and nuanced bass in music, TV and movie soundtracks defies expectations for a level of performance previously reserved for much larger reference subwoofers.
SVS Subwoofer Design Philosophy
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 19-270 Hz +/- 3 dB
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- Premium black ash finish.
- Front-firing 10” driver.
- Front-firing 3.5" high-flow port with inner/outer port flares.
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Rigid and strong cabinet construction.
- Detachable power cord.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 18.9" (H) x 15" (W) x 19.4" (D) (without grille).
- Overall Dimensions: 18.9" (H) x 15" (W) x 20" (D) (with grille).
- Weight (unboxed): 46 pounds.
- Shipped Dimensions: 24" (H) x 24" (W) x 20" (D).
- Shipped Weight: 60 pounds.
- SVS 10" high-performance driver.
- FEA-optimized motor technology for low distortion.
- High-power voice coil for excellent thermal management.
- Long-throw suspension for high output at deep frequencies.
- Lightweight cone for enhanced sensitivity and transient response.
- Rubber surround for durability and long-life.
- Dual high-grade ferrite magnets.
- Vented pole piece for greater cooling and low noise.
- Sledge STA-300D with 300 watts RMS continuous power (720 watts peak dynamic power).
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology.
- 300 watts (720 watts peak dynamic).
- Green standby mode with less than 0.5 watts consumption.
- Detachable power cord with main power switch.
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications.
- Auto-On / On switch.
- DSP control for accurate response and refined behavior under all operating conditions.
- Stereo line-level RCA Input & 80Hz High Pass Filtered Output connections.
- Stereo speaker level 5-way binding post input connections.
- Continuously variable low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting.
- Continuously variable volume and phase controls.
- Input impedance - 47 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 2 kΩ (speaker level)
"Let's recap. Great price, check. Great performance, check. Great customer service, check. Three checks and the PB-1000 breezes into a winning spot in our 2013 Consumer Excellence Award competition." View the Award
PB-1000 Subwoofer Wins the Audioholics 2013 Consumer Excellence Award
"As subwoofers go, for $500 it's going to be hard for another sub to beat the PB-1000... Highly recommended." Read the full review
Reference Home Theater - Chris Heinonen Reviews the PB-1000 Subwoofer
"I immediately noticed a positive impact on the sound... you can feel it in your chest. Movies explode, delight and frighten just a little more with a lower sub sonic signature." Read the full review
Audiohead Reviews the PB-1000 Subwoofer
"I don't need to come up with any flowery verbiage or clever analogies to sum up the PB-1000. Its performance speaks for itself... the best thrill ride I've gotten from a sub-$500 sub." Read the full review
Sound&Vision Magazine - Brent Butterworth Reviews the SVS PB-1000
"The PB-1000 produces the kind of forceful, yet detailed bass that we would expect from more powerful and certainly more expensive subwoofers… If SVS's goal was to create a subwoofer that could deliver deep bass at a price that doesn't require deep pockets, then they have succeeded beyond all hope." Read the full review
Stephen Withers - AVForums, Reviews the PB-1000 Subwoofer
SB-1000 "I found myself falling for this dinky overachiever...the SVS SB1000 is amazing for its size. When you look at this thing you almost can't help but laugh and think "That's a subwoofer?" Put in a blu-ray with a pounding soundtrack though and the laughter will stop, because it's probably going to leave you amazed." PB-1000 "The PB1000 handled its sweeps down to "feel it" level... the bass was potent and rich...and had a very clean presentation to boot. I could actually feel it in my chest...with powerful depth and impact." Read the full review
Home Theater Shack Reviews the SB-1000 and PB-1000 Subwoofers
SB-1000"...represents a stunning achievement that must have the competition shaking in their boots...What SVS Sound has done with the SB-1000 is nothing short of amazing." PB-1000 "...the pinnacle of value in home theater...To say that this sub digs deep would be a huge understatement...you will not be dissapointed." Read the full review
Digital Hippos Reviews the SB-1000 and PB-1000 Subwoofers
"The only incredible thing about its price is how low it is: just $499 for an incredibly well-engineered 10-inch sub capable of reaching down to an astounding 19 Hz." Read the full review
Technology Tell reviews the PB-1000 subwoofer
Comparing Ported vs. Sealed Subwoofers for Home Theater
Why Go Dual: Benefits and Placement of Multiple Subwoofers
5 Performance Attributes of a World Class Subwoofer
5 Performance Attributes of a World Class Subwoofer
“As subwoofers go, for $500 it's going to be hard for another sub to beat the PB-1000... Highly recommended.”
Reference Home Theater
“...the pinnacle of value in home theater...To say that this sub digs deep would be a huge understatement...you will not be disappointed.”