Dual PB-1000 Pro
Dual PB-1000 Pro
Dual PB-1000 Pro
The original SVS PB-1000 rocked the subwoofer world with unparalleled performance at its price and beyond. Now, the PB-1000 Pro raises the bar even higher with greater low frequency output, deeper bass extension down to a guttural 17Hz, performance-enhancing dual port cabinet design, and a massive upgrade to the user experience.
A complete reimagination of the original 10-inch driver, the PB-1000 Pro features an all-new 12-inch high-excursion driver with dual high-grade ferrite magnets and FEA-optimized internal motor architecture for extreme excursion and massive, pristine output. With innovations to the cone, surround, voice coil, and motor assembly, the unflappable 12-inch driver unleashes room-shaking bass never-before-heard from a ported subwoofer anywhere near the price.
Using the same amplifier technology as the flagship SVS 16-Ultra Series, PB-1000 Pro features a 325 watts RMS, 820+ watts peak power Sledge STA-325D amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output. Harnessing the massive power while ensuring accuracy and control is a 50 MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP with frequency response curves precisely tuned for the PB-1000 Pro.
PB-1000 Pro also features the SVS subwoofer smartphone app, the most convenient way to control volume, access multiple DSP functions, and program custom presets for one-touch tuning profiles optimized for music, movies, gaming, and more. Adjust crossover frequencies, a three-band parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and more, all from your favorite seat.
New to the PB-1000 Pro is a dual port configuration that enables greater output with much lower distortion compared to the original 1000 Series model.
SVS President Gary Yacoubian discusses 1000 Pro Series subwoofer technology design and engineering.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 17-260 Hz +/- 3 dB (standard mode)
- 19-260 Hz +/- 3 dB (sealed mode)
- Expect 2-3 Hz deeper extension in small to mid-size rooms.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic).
- Roll-off slope specifically optimized to take maximum advantage of available room gain.
- Protective non-resonant extra-thick ABS fabric mesh grille
- Iso-elastomer feet included
- Extra heavy-duty, high current power cord 6'
- Quick Start Guide
- Port Plugs (free upon request)
- Unbalanced stereo input/output
- Speaker Level Stereo Input
- Auto/On and Trigger options through app, 3-12V AC/DC trigger
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction, world-wide safety certifications
- Green 0.5-watt low standby power consumption
- Dual 2.5-inch ports
- Dimensions (w/ grille): 18.9” (479mm) H X 15” (380mm) W X 20” (509mm) D
- Dimensions (without grille): 18.9” (479mm) H X 15” (380mm) W X 19.2” (488mm) D
- Shipped Dimensions: 23.4” (594mm) H 19.9” (506mm) W X 24.4” (619mm) D
- Weight (unboxed): 42.5lbs (19.3kg) with Grille
- Shipped Weight: 51.6lbs (23.4kg)
- All-new proprietary 12-inch long-throw driver with high-precision tuned overhung motor configuration.
- 9.26lb (4.2kg) pound Woofer with 6.91lb (3.14kg) pounds motor
- 13.1mm Xmax, 26.8mm Xmech precision aligned excursion
- 1.5” diameter Voice Coil with high current 6-layer high-purity copper wire windings
- Premium high-purity copper voice coil winding design minimizes distortion and power compression with maximum heat dissipation, linearity, and tuned magnetics for high excursion
- Two-piece high grade oversized Y35 Ferrite magnet motor
- High Temperature 3003-H18 aluminum former/bobbing
- 6” composite cotton-poly extreme excursion linear spider
- Dual 24-strand copper-alloy high-temperature leads
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and NBR extreme-excursion surround
- Lightweight treated Fiber Composite cone for enhanced sensitivity and transient response
- Top plate assembly with low carbon 1010 steel for optimal magnetics
- Oversized low carbon 1008 steel T-yoke with integrated pole piece extension for maximum cooling and electromagnetics
- 12” premium powder coated basket with FEA optimized analysis for maximum rigidity, tensile strength, and energy transference
- Oversized motor system for driving full excursion and industry best SPL, with pinpoint transient speed
- Precision machining for motor and narrow tolerance suspension parts ensure flawless linearity at full range of excursion
SVS Sledge-325D Amplifier Specs:
- 325 watts RMS, 820+ watts peak power output Class D design
- 50MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP, high resolution double precision 56bit filtering
- Wide input voltage bandwidth compliant for consumer and pro audio up to 4V line level input.
- High efficiency LLC resonant SMPS with 17A 650V MOSFET, resonant switching results in lower EMI and highest efficiency.
- Cool-running Class D amplifier switching topology with massive 34A 120V MOSFET’s
- SVS BLE control app for iOS and Android contains 3 complete name-able and customizable User presets, supports IOS (iphone5 or newer or Android (4.42 or newer), 3 PEQ's per preset, adjustable low pass, phase, polarity, room gain compensation, and control for best alignment with speakers.
- Customer EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the 1000 Pro
- Input impedance 16kohm (unbalance RCA)
- Input impedance 1kohm (speaker level)
- New Intelligent Feature control (IFC) user interface on the amplifier with bright blue 11 LED bar display and easy push-button controls.
SVS App Specs:
- Bluetooth controlled subwoofer DSP smartphone app works with iOS, Android and Amazon operating systems.
- Easiest and most convenient way to adjust crossover frequencies, parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and all other bass management functions.
- Three convenient custom presets allow for perfect tuning in any room or system, from your favorite seat.
- Unique bidirectional feedback shows adjustments in real time on both app and subwoofer interface.
- Easy-to-follow tutorial provides clear guidance for all functions.
- Protective non-resonant extra-thick ABS fabric mesh grille
- Iso-elastomer feet included
- 2 Foam port tuning plugs
- Extra heavy-duty, high current 6-foot power cord
- Quick Start Guide
PB-1000 Pro stands alone in its excellence with massive output well below the threshold of human hearing, where bass is only felt, with flawless tonal accuracy and precise control. The deepest, most effortless, and refined bass at a truly breakthrough price, PB-1000 Pro defies expectations at every level with performance-driven innovation.
12-inch SVS High-Excursion Driver – Room-shaking bass with subtlety and refinement.
Substantially upgraded from the previous 10-inch 1000 Series driver design, the PB-1000 Pro features a reimagined 12-inch high-excursion driver with dual ferrite motor assembly. Capable of moving massive amounts of air with crisp precision, the added surface area provides a major performance upgrade over the previous model and features multiple enhancements.
- Fiber composite cone with exceptional stiffness-to-mass-ratio generates huge SPLs while starting and stopping on a dime with crisp precision.
- Proprietary injection molded extreme-excursion surround ensures flawless pistonic motion for pinpoint control and accuracy without distortion, even at the highest drive levels.
- Dual ferrite magnet motor assembly with extended aluminum polepiece produces effortless on-demand driving-force for subtle and over-the-top bass thrills.
- Powder coated FEA optimized driver basket provides maximum rigidity, tensile strength, and thermal energy transference.
- Dual layer voice coil design enhances linearity and fidelity at full excursion while minimizing distortion and power compression.
Sledge STA-325D Amplifier – Effortless power with sophisticated control.
Conservatively rated at 325 watts RMS, 820+ watts peak power, the Sledge STA-325D amplifier maximizes the full potential of the 12-inch driver with effortless power and precise control. The innovative design combines the efficiency of a Class D amplifier with the ability to move colossal amounts of current through the fully discrete MOSFETs for outstanding real-world subwoofer performance at all drive levels, in any room, allows easy integration with any home theater or stereo speaker system.
- High Current Output from Fully Discrete MOSFETs coupled with efficiency of Class D amplification allows the Sledge STA-325D amplifier to produce massive amounts of current enabling immense output with surgical precision.
- Sophisticated 50MHz High Resolution Analog Devices Audio DSP is the most advanced digital processor ever used in a subwoofer and maintains pristine sound quality through advanced in-room tuning, powerful DSP controls, custom presets, and more.
- Optimized frequency response curves for the ported PB-1000 Pro cabinet allow the subwoofer to take control of a room and completely pressurize it with accurate, heart-pounding bass.
PB-1000 Pro Smartphone App – Easiest way ever to manage subwoofer DSP and control.
The most convenient way ever to control volume, access multiple DSP functions, and program custom presets for one-touch tuning optimized for music, movies, gaming, and more. Adjust crossover frequencies, dial-in the three-band parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and more, all from your favorite seat.
- Connects via Bluetooth for convenient control even when subwoofer is out of sight.
- Saved custom presets for one-touch tuning with optimized settings based on listening preferences for movies, music, and more. All accessible from a single touch.
- Variable port tuning modes with customized frequency response curves for “Standard” and “Sealed” allow tuning for maximum output or deep bass extension and transient speed.
- 3-band parametric EQ controller allows precise adjustments for boost or cut, Q-factor, and frequency down to the single Hz level with so users can customize performance by eliminating peaks, nulls and other room issues.
Rear Panel Intelligent Control Interface (ICI).
The rear-panel SVS Intelligent Control Interface (ICI) provides control options and connections for the subwoofer’s most critical functions.
- Level Control to fine tune the overall output level that best matches the system and room
- Low pass filter control to ensure smooth sonic transitions and seamless blending with the main speakers
- Phase control to align the subwoofer’s output timing with the main speakers or additional subwoofers
- USB port also provides power for the optional SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter which eliminates the need for a cable run to the subwoofer from the source component.
- RCA Audio Interconnect Input for use with most AV receivers and preamplifiers
- Speaker Level Stereo Inputs for use with older legacy receivers
Acoustically Inert and Rigidly Braced Ported Cabinet Design.
Classically handsome, the acoustically optimized ported cabinet features extra-thick MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing for a resonance-free environment. Serves as a blank canvas for uncompromised subwoofer performance.
- Dual port design allows for maximum airflow without distortion, enhancing the quantity and quality of bass output at all drive levels
- Acoustic insulation eliminates all coloration from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference volume
- Protective non-resonant extra-thick ABS grille frame with fabric mesh cover shield driver to prevent damage while ensuring longevity
- Reinforced internal bracing for resonance free performance at highest drive levels
- Custom iso-elastomer screw-in feet reduce noise artifacts and improve stability
- sound quality
- PB-1000 Pro
What an amazing product. I have an Onkyo surround sound system and the base would saturate with my existing sub. Looking around for an upgrade I found SVS. This is an amazing product and really takes my movie experience to the next level. Their technical forums are fantastic for tuning the entire system. Ordering and shipping was super easy. They respond immediately to any questions you have. I am a SVS Customer for life and this is the only company I plan to deal with in the future for my audio needs. The product went on sale shortly after I bought it and they proactively notified me they were going to credit the difference to my credit card. I have NEVER seen a company do that before. I wish I could give them more than the 5 stars.
I have a Prime Theater System with dule PB - 1000 Pro subwoofers And its freaking awesome system . I will be adding about 4 more speakers to it to complete my whole musical concert . I tell my friends and family about yall .. Thank you so much .. Eric
This was purchased as an upgrade for the sub that was included in the HTIB I purchased years ago. I can’t believe I waited this long, it was such a big difference. The LFE response while watching movies and gaming is outstanding. Very glad I went with the pro as well so I can quickly tune while watching/gaming late at night without waking up the wife and kids.
If you’re looking for a subwoofer to listen to music, you can plug up the two holes and get a tight base affect and if you’re watching a movie, you take the plugs out of the two holes and you have a fantastic subwoofer affect. This is one of the best subwoofers I ever purchased.
SVS PB 1000 Pro Sub Woofers
First of all I was impressed by the cabinet construction and grill. The Subs looked like they were ready to plug and play and that is very close to the truth. Set up and placement was easy, but moving the subs required a little strength due to the solid construction and weight. My previous subs were a pair of Klipsch 12 inch, 112SW. Both the Klipsch 112SW"s and the SVS PB 1000 Pro's are In my opinion both well built and fairly equally matched. The Klipsch Subs are less expensive than the SVS Pro's but after listening to both sets of Subs I understood the reason for the cost difference and I believe that the SVS 1000 pros have a good reason for costing more. Sound quality was different as expected. The SVS PB 1000 Pro's played lower, frequency wise, were very accurate in bass reproduction, played bass cleanly, solidly and without what I call bass boom enhancement. The Klipsch although still a good Sub seemed to have some boom emphasis in lower octaves, while on the same Musical/Movie tracts the SVS Sub were cleaner and more solid when the program material demanded it, with what in my opinion was unneeded lower emphasis. When volume demanded a major bass output the SVS subs were up to the challenge performing extremely well under the lower frequency demand. This is where I found the Klipsch 12 inch subs were somewhat lacking in bass clarity and accuracy. Although the Klipsch 12 subs did a good attempt at bass reproduction the SVS 12 PB 1000 outshined the Klipsch in frequency, volume, lack of distortion, smoothness and in my opinion overall bass performance.