PB-2000 - Outlet - 1075
PB-2000 - Outlet - 1075
Featuring Ultra Series technology, the SVS PB-2000 subwoofer unleashes effortless, commanding bass down to 17 Hz with exceptional detail and musicality. Sets all the performance benchmarks for a powered home theater subwoofer under $1,000.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 17-260 Hz +/- 3 dB
- Expect 2-3 Hz deeper extension in small to mid-size rooms.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- Premium black ash finish.
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille.
- Front-firing 12" driver.
- Rear-mounted amplifier.
- Screw-in rubber feet.
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 20.9" (H) x 17.3" (W) x 23.2" (D) (without grille).
- Overall Dimensions: 20.9" (H) x 17.3" (W) x 25.4" (D) (with grille).
- Weight (unboxed): 65.6 pounds.
- Shipped Dimensions: 30" (H) x 23" (W) x 27" (D).
- Shipped Weight: 82 pounds.
- SVS 12” 2000-series driver.
- Powder-coated cast aluminum basket.
- Dual high-grade ferrite magnets.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure.
- Dual shorting rings reduce gap induction and lower distortion.
- Extended pole piece improves heat sink and thermal management properties.
- 2” diameter, high-power voice coil.
- Upgraded Nomex spider for improved linearity and driver control at extreme drive levels.
- High-quality insulated tinsel leads with 3-point-contact precision alignment.
- Lightweight aluminum cone with polypropylene dust cap provides excellent rigidity and pistonic behavior.
- Low-creep rubber long-throw surround for excellent durability and longevity.
- Sledge STA-500D DSP amplifier.
- 500 watts RMS continuous (1100 watts peak dynamic).
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology.
- DSP control for accurate response and refined behavior under all operating conditions.
- Main power rocker switch.
- Auto-On / On toggle switch.
- 3-12V trigger with 1/8” (3.5 mm) TRS mini-jack input.
- Green standby mode with < 0.5 watts consumption.
- Stereo line-level RCA Input & Output connections.
- Input impedance – 47 kΩ (unbalanced line-level RCA).
- Continuously variable volume/gain control.
- Continuously variable (0-180 degrees) phase control.
- Continuously variable (50-160 Hz) 12 dB/octave low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting.
- Fixed 80 Hz 12 dB/octave high pass filter on line level outputs.
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications.
- Detachable power cord.
For chest-thumping movie slam and impact and sheer low frequency performance for the price, the PB-2000 subwoofer destroys larger and more expensive subwoofers, dipping all the way down to 17Hz without sacrificing musicality or speed in transients. The subwoofer features a front-firing 4-inch high-flow port with inner/outer port flares and energizes rooms of all sizes with extreme low frequency output for jaw-droppingly powerful and realistic movie and music audio experiences.
Commanding 12-Inch SVS High Output Driver
At the heart of the SVS PB-2000 ported box subwoofer is a newly engineered 12-inch 2000-series driver with dual high-grade ferrite magnets and FEA-optimized motor for nearly distortion-free performance. A reinforced Nomex spider was integrated for improved linearity and driver control, especially important when the STA-500D amp is pushing the subwoofers to their maximum output levels. To ensure the PB-2000 can withstand punishing output levels long into the future, the driver also features a durable low-creep rubber long-throw surround and integrated tinsel leads to maximize longevity.
Powerful and Sophisticated Sledge STA-500D Amplifier
The PB-2000 Subwoofer’s Sledge STA-500D DSP amplifier features specs and features normally found in subwoofers costing two or three times as much. Conservatively rated at a robust 500 watts RMS continuous and 1,100+ watts peak dynamic, the amplifier has brains to match its brawn. A sophisticated DSP in the amplifier includes an array of filters and volume, gain, and phase controls for fine-tuning performance. The innovations don’t stop there though. A frequency-dependent limiter/compressor algorithm with adjustable attack/release and compression parameters offers the ultimate in refined behavior at the drive limits of the subwoofer system.
With cabinet dimensions of 20.9” x 17.3” x 22” and weighing 66 lbs, the PB-2000 is nearly 40% larger and twice the weight of the SB-2000.
Elrief1 Reviews the PB-2000 Subwoofer (Youtube)
"The PB-2000 does everything you would want from a high-end subwoofer, and more. Build quality is top-notch, the sound is out of this world with bass that will shake your...
Z Reviews - Review of the PB-2000 Subwoofer
"SVS, they are the name for subwoofers. You work your way up through other brands, but then you have SVS. Their products just WORK in every room set-up."
Home Cinema Choice Reviews the PB-2000
“This all-round ability makes the SVS something of a star. It can deliver the eyeball-crushing silliness of movie night without breaking sweat, while relishing the more laidback task of mid-week...
Sound + Vision names our PB-2000 and SB-2000 as “Best under $1000”
PB-2000 Receives the HomeTheaterReview.com Best of 2014 Award
"…capable of the necessary brute force…surprisingly nuanced and detailed."
The PB-2000 and SB-2000 Subwoofers Receive Sound & Vision’s Top Pick Award.
"You’ll be hard-pressed to find a better bass value than what either of these subwoofers offers...each sub reproduced deeper bass response that I could literally feel in my sternum; it...
Audioholics - Tom Andry Reviews the PB-2000 and SB-2000 Subwoofers
“…SVS is offering technology normally reserved for subwoofers two or three times the asking price of 2000 series… The SB-2000 and PB-2000 set a new bar in the performance/price category…”...
HomeTheaterReview.com - Dennis Burger Reviews the PB-2000
"incredibly impactful yet refined…yet again, SVS has proven to be a company that defies expectations based on aesthetics and price… "
Malaysian Website AV2DAY.com Reviews the PB-2000
"…I am very confident to rate this sub woofer to out perform quite a few others, even if you spend twice the money…"
HomeTheaterForum.com Reviews the SB-2000 and PB-2000 Subwoofers
"Both models outperform most subwoofers by more recognizable names at the same price point"
AVSForum.com Reviews the PB-2000
"Among subwoofers that are capable of playing as low as 17 Hz, there are few with that capability that cost less…The PB-2000 earns my unreserved recommendation…"
Reference Home Theater - Chris Heinonen Reviews the PB-2000
"Everything seems to come alive a bit more when the PB-2000 plays… my home theater seats actually vibrate."
About.com - Brent Butterworth Reviews the PB-2000
"…the PB-2000 didn't just reproduce the notes, it almost felt like the big woofers in a good club P.A. system, with effortless, raw physical power and nary a trace of...