PB-2000 - Outlet - 1125
PB-2000 - Outlet - 1125
Featuring Ultra Series technology, the SVS PB-2000 subwoofer unleashes effortless, commanding bass down to 17 Hz with exceptional detail and musicality. Sets all the performance benchmarks for a powered home theater subwoofer under $1,000.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 17-260 Hz +/- 3 dB
- Expect 2-3 Hz deeper extension in small to mid-size rooms.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- Premium black ash finish.
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille.
- Front-firing 12" driver.
- Rear-mounted amplifier.
- Screw-in rubber feet.
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 20.9" (H) x 17.3" (W) x 23.2" (D) (without grille).
- Overall Dimensions: 20.9" (H) x 17.3" (W) x 25.4" (D) (with grille).
- Weight (unboxed): 65.6 pounds.
- Shipped Dimensions: 30" (H) x 23" (W) x 27" (D).
- Shipped Weight: 82 pounds.
- SVS 12” 2000-series driver.
- Powder-coated cast aluminum basket.
- Dual high-grade ferrite magnets.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure.
- Dual shorting rings reduce gap induction and lower distortion.
- Extended pole piece improves heat sink and thermal management properties.
- 2” diameter, high-power voice coil.
- Upgraded Nomex spider for improved linearity and driver control at extreme drive levels.
- High-quality insulated tinsel leads with 3-point-contact precision alignment.
- Lightweight aluminum cone with polypropylene dust cap provides excellent rigidity and pistonic behavior.
- Low-creep rubber long-throw surround for excellent durability and longevity.
- Sledge STA-500D DSP amplifier.
- 500 watts RMS continuous (1100 watts peak dynamic).
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology.
- DSP control for accurate response and refined behavior under all operating conditions.
- Main power rocker switch.
- Auto-On / On toggle switch.
- 3-12V trigger with 1/8” (3.5 mm) TRS mini-jack input.
- Green standby mode with < 0.5 watts consumption.
- Stereo line-level RCA Input & Output connections.
- Input impedance – 47 kΩ (unbalanced line-level RCA).
- Continuously variable volume/gain control.
- Continuously variable (0-180 degrees) phase control.
- Continuously variable (50-160 Hz) 12 dB/octave low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting.
- Fixed 80 Hz 12 dB/octave high pass filter on line level outputs.
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications.
- Detachable power cord.
For chest-thumping movie slam and impact and sheer low frequency performance for the price, the PB-2000 subwoofer destroys larger and more expensive subwoofers, dipping all the way down to 17Hz without sacrificing musicality or speed in transients. The subwoofer features a front-firing 4-inch high-flow port with inner/outer port flares and energizes rooms of all sizes with extreme low frequency output for jaw-droppingly powerful and realistic movie and music audio experiences.
Commanding 12-Inch SVS High Output Driver
At the heart of the SVS PB-2000 ported box subwoofer is a newly engineered 12-inch 2000-series driver with dual high-grade ferrite magnets and FEA-optimized motor for nearly distortion-free performance. A reinforced Nomex spider was integrated for improved linearity and driver control, especially important when the STA-500D amp is pushing the subwoofers to their maximum output levels. To ensure the PB-2000 can withstand punishing output levels long into the future, the driver also features a durable low-creep rubber long-throw surround and integrated tinsel leads to maximize longevity.
Powerful and Sophisticated Sledge STA-500D Amplifier
The PB-2000 Subwoofer’s Sledge STA-500D DSP amplifier features specs and features normally found in subwoofers costing two or three times as much. Conservatively rated at a robust 500 watts RMS continuous and 1,100+ watts peak dynamic, the amplifier has brains to match its brawn. A sophisticated DSP in the amplifier includes an array of filters and volume, gain, and phase controls for fine-tuning performance. The innovations don’t stop there though. A frequency-dependent limiter/compressor algorithm with adjustable attack/release and compression parameters offers the ultimate in refined behavior at the drive limits of the subwoofer system.
With cabinet dimensions of 20.9” x 17.3” x 22” and weighing 66 lbs, the PB-2000 is nearly 40% larger and twice the weight of the SB-2000.
Elrief1 Reviews the PB-2000 Subwoofer (Youtube)
"The PB-2000 does everything you would want from a high-end subwoofer, and more. Build quality is top-notch, the sound is out of this world with bass that will shake your...
Z Reviews - Review of the PB-2000 Subwoofer
"SVS, they are the name for subwoofers. You work your way up through other brands, but then you have SVS. Their products just WORK in every room set-up."
Home Cinema Choice Reviews the PB-2000
“This all-round ability makes the SVS something of a star. It can deliver the eyeball-crushing silliness of movie night without breaking sweat, while relishing the more laidback task of mid-week...
Sound + Vision names our PB-2000 and SB-2000 as “Best under $1000”
PB-2000 Receives the HomeTheaterReview.com Best of 2014 Award
"…capable of the necessary brute force…surprisingly nuanced and detailed."
The PB-2000 and SB-2000 Subwoofers Receive Sound & Vision’s Top Pick Award.
"You’ll be hard-pressed to find a better bass value than what either of these subwoofers offers...each sub reproduced deeper bass response that I could literally feel in my sternum; it...
Audioholics - Tom Andry Reviews the PB-2000 and SB-2000 Subwoofers
“…SVS is offering technology normally reserved for subwoofers two or three times the asking price of 2000 series… The SB-2000 and PB-2000 set a new bar in the performance/price category…”...
HomeTheaterReview.com - Dennis Burger Reviews the PB-2000
"incredibly impactful yet refined…yet again, SVS has proven to be a company that defies expectations based on aesthetics and price… "
Malaysian Website AV2DAY.com Reviews the PB-2000
"…I am very confident to rate this sub woofer to out perform quite a few others, even if you spend twice the money…"
HomeTheaterForum.com Reviews the SB-2000 and PB-2000 Subwoofers
"Both models outperform most subwoofers by more recognizable names at the same price point"
AVSForum.com Reviews the PB-2000
"Among subwoofers that are capable of playing as low as 17 Hz, there are few with that capability that cost less…The PB-2000 earns my unreserved recommendation…"
Reference Home Theater - Chris Heinonen Reviews the PB-2000
"Everything seems to come alive a bit more when the PB-2000 plays… my home theater seats actually vibrate."
About.com - Brent Butterworth Reviews the PB-2000
"…the PB-2000 didn't just reproduce the notes, it almost felt like the big woofers in a good club P.A. system, with effortless, raw physical power and nary a trace of...
Audioholics.com - Tom Andry Previews the PB-2000 and SB-2000 Subwoofers
"…you've got to love SVS…SVS is offering technology normally reserved for subwoofers two or three times the asking price of 2000 series…their bread and butter is helping the common man...