PB-4000 - Piano Gloss - Outlet - 5149
PB-4000 - Piano Gloss - Outlet - 5149
Outlet Special: Blemish in finish. See additional pic. Factory inspected and tested. 5-Year Unconditional Warranty and complete Bill of Rights coverage.
Thunderous low frequency output and extreme deep bass extension, with accuracy and control, the PB-4000 is a benchmark setting subwoofer on every level with unheard-of performance and features for even double the price. The sophisticated DSP amplifier creates three port tuning modes, each with individual response curves to achieve the most accurate in-room frequency response possible. With the PB-4000, it’s like having three subwoofers in one. Effortlessly powerful with bass that extends far below the threshold of human hearing, the PB-4000 creates a revelatory experience with every movie and music listening session.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 16-200 Hz +/- 3 dB (standard mode)
- 13-200 Hz +/- 3 dB (extended mode)
- 18-200 Hz +/- 3 dB (sealed mode)
- Roll-off slope specifically optimized to take maximum advantage of available room gain.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic).
- Premium Black Ash and Piano Gloss Black finish options
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Front-firing 13.5" driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Screw-in rubber feet
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) cabinet construction
- Triple 3.5-inch ports
- Cabinet Dimensions (without grille): 23.4” (595mm) H X 20.5” (520mm) W X 27.7” (704mm) D
- Cabinet Dimensions (with grille): 23.4” (595mm) H X 20.5” (520mm) W X 30” (763mm) D
- Shipped Dimensions: 29.1” (738mm) H X 26” (661mm) W X 36” (915mm) D
- Weight (unboxed): 153.2 lbs. (69.5 kg)
- Shipped Weight: 172.4lbs (78.2kg)
- High performance SVS 4000 Series Subwoofer Driver - optimized for ported cabinet design.
- Proprietary 13.5” Driver with finely tuned Underhung Motor Configuration
- 49.6lb (22.5kg) pound Woofer with 44.3lb (20.1kg) pounds for the motor
- Underhung 53mm Xmax, 91.6mm Xmech precision aligned excursion
- 8-layer aluminum flat wire edge wound 3” voice coil for ultra-low distortion, efficient heat dissipation, exceptional linearity and nearly zero power compression.
- Two massive, dedicated toroidal ferrite magnets generate unparalleled levels of magnetic force to drive the highest levels of excursion, SPL, and start/go power for the deepest and most authoritative bass possible.
- All-new High density FEA-optimized cast aluminum basket provides unequaled levels of rigidity, tensile strength, and energy transference available from a subwoofer.
- Dual 24-strand copper and Nomex composite high-temperature leads woven through the suspension provide a pristine electrical connection from the amplifier to the voice coil.
- Premium glass fiber laminated dustcap and reinforced and vented paper-composite cone sub-structure ensure a light, rigid, and neutral radiating surface.
- Precision machined motor elements and narrow tolerance suspension parts produce unmatched linearity at full excursion for exceptionally tight and fast output, even at reference volumes.
- Extreme oversized low carbon vented steel U-yoke and top plate provide superior cooling and improved magnetics for maximum performance and efficiency.
- Copper ring shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, enhances thermal conductivity
- Nickel-plated high-tension spring terminals
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and parabolic SBR extreme-excursion surround maintains ideal pistonic motion for pinpoint accuracy and control
- Low carbon 1008 steel components with black electrophoresis plating
- Massively powerful Sledge 1,200-watt continuous Class D design with 4,000+ watts of Peak Power.
- Unmatched intelligence from user adjustable low pass, phase, polarity and room gain compensation with three parametric EQs and port tuning (Ported models only) for absolute best alignment with speakers and optimized performance in any room.
- Groundbreaking SVS Bluetooth DSP control app for iOS and Android devices with three user presets allow custom tuning for every room and system.
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology with massive 32 Amp 600 Volt MOSFET’s result in lower EMI and highest efficiency while providing effortless power to produce SPLs and low frequency output with pristine clarity well beyond reference listening levels.
- High resolution 50MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP with double precision 56bit filtering is most advanced subwoofer processor available for perfect audio reproduction.
- 100v-240v full range input active Power Factor Correction (PFC) pre-regulates mains to solid 360V DC regardless of mains voltage or quality so the sound quality never falters no matter what’s coming out of the wall
- Active PFC lowers average current and smooths mains input current allowing for 1200W output from a standard 15A mains circuit.
- XLR and RCA stereo input/output with ultra-wide input voltage for consumer and professional audio applications.
- Convenient front-mounted display featuring new Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright blue dimmable/defeatable 8-digit LED front display.
- Custom EQ and DSP limiter settings tuned specifically for the PB-4000 ported cabinet design.
- Auto/On and 3-12V AC/DC trigger for Maximum Installation Convenience.
- Input impedance 22kohm (unbalanced RCA)/ 22kohm (balanced XLR).
- Green 0.5-watt low standby power consumption
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction, world-wide safety certifications
SVS App Specs:
- The most powerful and flexible Bluetooth controlled subwoofer DSP app, works with both iOS and Android operating systems.
- Easiest and most convenient way to adjust crossover frequencies, parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and all other bass management functions.
- Three convenient custom presets allow for perfect tuning in any room or system, from your favorite seat.
- Single tap adjustment for controlling variable port tuning with standard, extended and sealed modes.
- Unique bidirectional feedback shows adjustments in real time on both app and subwoofer interface.
- Easy-to-follow tutorial provides clear guidance for all functions.
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grill
- IR remote control
- 3 Foam Port Tuning Plugs
- Elastomer feet included
- Extra heavy-duty, high current 6' power cord
- Quick Start Guide
Jaw-Dropping Bass Extension and Output with Pinpoint Control and Accuracy
The SVS PB-4000 combines seismic power and fathomless low frequency extension you can feel with refinement and musicality that suspends your sense of disbelief. With trickle down technology from the 16-Ultra Series, named top subwoofers in the world by nearly every audio publication and industry group in 2017, the PB-4000 crushes expectations and delivers a level of unrivaled subwoofer performance only available from SVS.
High-Excursion SVS Driver – Legendary SVS Output and Control
The PB-4000 subwoofer driver delivers on the full potential of the Sledge STA-1200D amplifier’s immense power with precision and control to produce room energizing SPLs and effortless low frequency extension with pinpoint accuracy at all drive levels.
- Dual ferrite magnet motor assembly weighing nearly 40lbs generates immense magnetic force and excursion of the 13.5-inch driver to produce massive low frequency output well below the limits of human hearing.
- Edge wound voice coil with eight-layer aluminum flat wire minimizes distortion and power compression while providing excellent heat dissipation and linearity ensuring precise control.
- Lightweight and rigid composite cone with premium glass fiber dustcap generate massive output with pinpoint accurate frequency response.
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and long-throw parabolic surround ensure longevity and allow extreme excursion and SPLs.
Sledge Amplifier – Massive Output, Sophisticated DSP, Advanced Power Management
Rated conservatively at 1,200 watts RMS, and 4,000+ watts peak power, the PB-4000 Sledge STA-1200D amplifier uses an efficient Class D design combined with fully discrete MOSFET output and a sophisticated Analog Devices DSP engine. The result is a level of effortless power and advanced processing not available from any other powered subwoofer manufacturer.
High Current Output of Fully Discrete MOSFETs with Efficiency of Class D Amplifier
Efficiency of a Class D amplifier with the ability to move massive amounts of current through the fully discrete MOSFETs enabling immense output and precise control for outstanding real-world subwoofer performance at all drive levels.
Sophisticated 50MHz High Resolution Analog Devices Audio DSP
Most advanced digital processor ever used in a subwoofer maintains pinpoint accuracy and pristine sound quality through advanced in-room tuning, optimized frequency response curves, powerful DSP controls and more.
Variable Port Tuning Modes
Three foam port plugs come standard with the PB-4000 and allow for variable tuning. Each response curve for the three port tuning modes; standard, extended and sealed, is fully configured to the respective mode to achieve balanced and accurate low frequency response with all tuning preferences.
Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) & Ground Loop Isolation
Serves as a line conditioner, surge suppressor and voltage regulator letting the amplifier deal with wide voltage fluctuations and ensuring the subwoofers operate flawlessly on any household circuit no matter how unstable the incoming current. An isolated circuit creates a vanishingly low noise floor by eliminating the potential for ground loop hums from outside components resulting in absolute sonic transparency.
PB-4000 Smartphone App – Easiest Way Ever to Manage Subwoofer DSP and Control
Groundbreaking smartphone app works with Apple iOS® and Android® devices to unleash the full depth, force and nuance of the PB-4000 subwoofer by controlling all DSP functions including: volume, parametric EQ, low pass filter, phase, polarity, room gain, port tuning, custom presets and system settings.
- Connects via Bluetooth for convenient control even when subwoofer is out of sight.
- 3-band parametric EQ controller allows precise adjustments for frequency slope and Q factor down to the single Hz level with four different slopes, so users can improve performance by eliminating peaks, nulls and other room issues.
- Stores 3 custom presets for movies, music and other listening experiences such as sports or gaming.
- 2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and subwoofer interface
Acoustically Inert and Rigidly Braced Ported Box Cabinet Design
Inlaid front panel display, three front-firing, high-flow bass ports, rounded edges and a curved metal grille on the PB-4000 cabinet give it a refined yet commanding look that blends visually with home theaters and high-end audio systems.
- Double thick 2-inch MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing to support the massive drive unit and to ensure an acoustically inert environment.
- Highly reinforced internal design and acoustic insulation eliminates all coloration or resonance from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference volume.
- Protective, non-resonant steel mesh grille and custom elastomer feet for reducing noise artifacts within a room.
- 2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and subwoofer interface
YouTuber ‘Hatoraid Cowboy Cinema’ Reviews PB-4000 Subwoofer
“I cant say enough good things about this subwoofer. It gives me everything I look for in a high-end subwoofer. It not only pressurizes my room effortlessly with clean, tight...
HiFi Choice (Poland), PB-4000 Earns "Recommended" Award
“A powerful sub for the most demanding audience. Can hit extreme volume levels and deep bass with absolute precision and the dynamics make you feel every note you’re supposed to....
4000 Series Subwoofers Receive HCReview's Reference Award (French)
"Delivers linear bass with impressive pressure levels, while managing to maintain extremely low distortion rates. Visceral, agile and powerful performance. A nice tour de force!"
PB-4000 Subwoofer Receives the Audioholics 2018 Product of the Year Award
"It is as much of a beauty as it is a brute, in that it looks and acts sophisticated but that is just a veneer that hides some truly explosive...
KpaceGuy Reviews the PB-4000 Subwoofer
“This subwoofer sounds phenomenal. For a 13-inch driver to sound as crisp and accurate as it does is just a testament to SVS engineering prowess. Plus, the PB-4000 hits down...
Hemmabio (Sweden) Reviews the PB-4000 Subwoofer
"Massive, powerful, controlled, forceful, extremely deep, detailed, nuanced, it’s a lot of words in my book and they’re all positive. An extremely competent subwoofer from start to finish for all...
PB-4000 Subwoofer Receives Audioholics Bassaholic Extreme Award
"Tears into bass, the deeper the frequency, the more energetic it gets…users who want strong, uncolored bass that doesn’t change its character at all with varying loudness levels can have...
SB-4000 and PB-4000 Subwoofers Receive Heimkino's Reference Class Award
"The SB-4000 subwoofer convinces with a crisp, precise reproduction of lowest frequencies. For the ultimate pressure in the diaphragm, the PB-4000 is particularly suitable, because it provides even greater dynamic...
PB-4000 Subwoofer Receives the Highly Recommended Award from AVForums
"Subterranean levels of bass with a surprising level of subtlety and grace. It loaded the entire room with low frequency energy in breathtaking fashion with impact that you felt rather...
PB-4000 Subwoofer Review by Home Theater Review
"A sub with brute force that also performs so nimbly and even gently when the source material calls for it. I found myself so viscerally impressed by the PB-4000’s low-frequency...