The PB12-Plus subwoofer is now retired. If you’re looking for a comparable subwoofer, SVS has two models, so you can still get unrivaled low frequency depth, output and sound quality from a ported cabinet design.
The SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer features a 12-inch High-Excursion Driver and 500 Watts RMS, 1,100 Watts Peak Power DSP amplifier to produce deep bass extension and room-shaking output on par with much more expensive powered subwoofersLearn More About PB-2000
The SVS PB-4000 Subwoofer features a13.5-inch High-Excursion Driver, 1,200 Watts RMS, 4,000+ Watts Peak Power DSP amplifier with Smartphone App for Advanced DSP Control & Custom Presets. The PB-4000 achieves reference quality subwoofer performance and an unrivaled value.Learn More About PB-4000
To research and compare all SVS subwoofers, please visit the main SVS subwoofer page.View All SVS Subwoofers
The SVS PB12-Plus subwoofer delivers unmatched low frequency extension and output for the price, out-punching home theater subwoofers costing twice as much. Designed like an acoustic tank with a 12-inch front-firing driver and 800 watts RMS, 2,300+ watts peak power DSP amplifier, the PB12-Plus is an awe-inspiring ported box subwoofer that delivers earth-shaking bass with pinpoint control and accuracy so hear and feel every sonic moment exactly how an artist or director intended.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 18-250 Hz +/- 3 dB (20 Hz mode)
- 16-250 Hz +/- 3 dB (16 Hz mode)
- 23-250 Hz +/- 3 dB (sealed mode)
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic).
- Black gloss or full veneer black oak finish options.
- Front-firing 12" driver.
- Front-firing triple 3" high-flow flared ports.
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille.
- Rigid and braced Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) cabinet.
- Dense foam port blockers (3) included.
- Power cord length: 8 feet.
- Variable 20 Hz, 16 Hz and Sealed tuning modes.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 22” (H) x 19.8” (W) x 26.6” (D) (without grille).
- Overall Dimensions: 22” (H) x 19.8” (W) x 28.3” (D) (with grille).
- Carton Dimensions: 28” (H) x 25” (W) x 35” (D).
- Weight (unboxed): 127 pounds.
- Weight (boxed): 157 pounds.
- Shipped Dimensions (palletized): 33” (H) x 26” (W) x 40” (D).
- Shipped Weight (palletized): 168 pounds.
- SVS 12” high performance Plus driver.
- Bifilar wound, 3” diameter, high-power aluminum voice coil.
- Polyimide impregnated fiberglass former/bobbin.
- Single, composite layered, linear roll long-throw spider.
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and parabolic SBR surround.
- Composite pulp/fiberglass press layered cone with stitched surround.
- Low carbon 1008 steel components, electrophoresis black plating.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure.
- Copper shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, and enhances thermal conductivity.
- Dual Genox 8H/Y-35 high grade ferrite magnets.
- Oversized pole vent for greater cooling and low noise.
- STA-800D Sledge with 800 watts RMS continuous power (2300 watts peak dynamic power).
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology.
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications.
- Auto-On / On switch with "green" standby mode.
- Stereo line-level RCA and balanced (XLR) input/output connections.
- Normal and Hi input voltage switch.
- Customized EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the PB12-Plus.
- Detachable power cord with main power switch and ceramic fuse.
- Variable tuning with 20Hz, 16Hz, and Sealed settings to match subwoofer port settings.
- Fully adjustable (frequency and slope) phase-correct speaker/sub digital crossover.
- Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright LCD display.
- Digital PEQ with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values.
- Room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope.
- Fixed 80 Hz 12 dB/octave high pass filter on line level outputs.
- Input impedance - 24 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 22 kΩ (balanced XLR).
The ported box PB12-Plus has enough sonic muscle to effortlessly fill any home theater with low frequency output below the levels of human hearing, where it can only be felt, while remaining musical and amazingly detailed.
Commanding 12-Inch SVS High-Output Driver
Equally suited for music and home theater, the PB12-Plus powered subwoofer boasts a 12-inch front-firing Plus Series driver with dual high-grade ferrite magnets and an FEA-optimized motor for distortion-free performance at the most punishing drive levels. Dual linear-roll spiders and stitched parabolic surround allow the PB12-Plus to generate incredible output through extreme excursion capabilities while maintaining control over the ultra-light and rigid composite cone, so it can stop on a dime with no overhang.
Powerful and Sophisticated Sledge STA-800D Amplifier
Conservatively rated at 800 watts RMS and 2,300 watts peak power, the Sledge STA-800D DSP amplifier inside the PB12-Plus subwoofer delivers effortless power for maximum SPLs and sonic impact in movies and music, while maintaining pinpoint accuracy of frequency and transient response. It also has brains to match its brawn. A sophisticated DSP offers an array of filters and volume, gain, and phase controls for fine-tuning performance, and the efficient Class-D design consumes less than half-a-watt of power in stand-by mode.
Variable Port Tuning
Rated at 16-250 HZ +/- 3dB, the PB12-Plus subwoofer features variable port tuning so you can adjust output and extension based on listening preferences. For connections, the home theater subwoofer features a stereo line-level RCA and balanced XLR input/output connections along with an 80Hz high pass filtered output connections, continuously variable volume and phase controls, and three top-firing 3-inch high-flow flared ports with large radius inner and outer flanges.
Deft, yet powerful, the SVS PB12-Plus subwoofer delivers deeper low frequency extension and greater output than any ported box subwoofer in its class. Musical bass is rendered with subtlety, nuance and toe-tapping aplomb while movie content is brought to life with seat-rumbling slam and impact as well as mood-enhancing low frequency effects.
SVS owner shots shared via Instagram. Click on pics for captions and submit your own by tagging @SVS_Sound or #soundrevolution.