Effortless power and room energizing bass you can feel with amazing clarity, all from a ported box subwoofer at an unprecedented price, that’s the PB12-Plus subwoofer. A forceful 800 watts RMS, 2,300 watts peak power Sledge amplifier and high-output 12-inch driver hit extreme low frequency depths and deliver room energizing bass for home theater and music.Read More
1,399.99In stock & ships in one business day
45 Day Risk-Free In-Home Trial. Fast & Free Shipping and Returns.
5-Year Unconditional Warranty
The SVS PB12-Plus subwoofer delivers unmatched low frequency extension and output for the price, out-punching home theater subwoofers costing twice as much. Designed like an acoustic tank with a 12-inch front-firing driver and 800 watts RMS, 2,300+ watts peak power DSP amplifier, the PB12-Plus is an awe-inspiring ported box subwoofer that delivers earth-shaking bass with pinpoint control and accuracy so hear and feel every sonic moment exactly how an artist or director intended.
- Driver | 12"
- Amplifier | 800 watts RMS (2300 watts peak)
- Freq. Response | 18-250 Hz ± 3 dB (20 Hz mode)
16-250 Hz ± 3 dB (16 Hz mode)
23-250 Hz ± 3 dB (sealed mode)
- Port Size & # | Triple 3"
- Dimension | 22" (H) 19.8" (W) 26.6" (D)
- Weight | 127lbs
An icon of SVS subwoofer innovation, the cylinder-shaped cabinet design of the PC12-Plus subwoofer lets you enjoy the performance benefits of a larger subwoofer, without requiring as much floorspace.
Commanding 12-Inch SVS High-Output Driver
Equally suited for music and home theater, the PC12-Plus powered subwoofer boasts a 12-inch down-firing Plus Series driver with dual high-grade ferrite magnets and an FEA-optimized motor for distortion-free performance at the most punishing drive levels. Dual linear-roll spiders and stitched parabolic surround allow the PC12-Plus to move massive amounts of air and achieve extreme excursion capability, while the ultra-light and rigid composite cone provides excellent transient response for the ability to start and stop on a dime.
Powerful and Sophisticated Sledge STA-800D Amplifier
Conservatively rated at 800 watts RMS and 2,300 watts peak power, the Sledge STA-800D DSP amplifier inside the PC12-Plus subwoofer delivers effortless power for maximum SPLs and sonic impact in movies and music, while maintaining pinpoint accuracy on frequency and transient response. It also has brains to match its brawn. A sophisticated DSP offers an array of filters and volume, gain, and phase controls for fine-tuning performance, and the efficient Class-D design consumes less than half-a-watt of power in stand-by mode.
Variable Port Tuning
Rated at 16-250 HZ +/- 3dB, the PC12-Plus subwoofer features variable port tuning so you can adjust output and extension based on listening preferences. For connections, the home theater subwoofer features a stereo line-level RCA and balanced XLR input/output connections along with an 80Hz high pass filtered output connections, continuously variable volume and phase controls, and a three top-firing 3-inch high-flow flared ports with large radius inner and outer flanges.
Nimble, yet powerful, the iconic SVS cylinder subwoofer delivers deeper extension and greater output per inch of floorspace than any traditional ported box subwoofer in existence. Musical bass is rendered with subtlety, nuance and toe-tapping aplomb while movie content invigorated with chest-thumping slam and impact as well as mood-setting low frequency effects.
SVS Subwoofer Design Philosophy
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 18-250 Hz +/- 3 dB (20 Hz mode)
- 16-250 Hz +/- 3 dB (16 Hz mode)
- 23-250 Hz +/- 3 dB (sealed mode)
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic).
- Black gloss or full veneer black oak finish options.
- Front-firing 12" driver.
- Front-firing triple 3" high-flow flared ports.
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille.
- Rigid and braced Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) cabinet.
- Dense foam port blockers (3) included.
- Power cord length: 8 feet.
- Variable 20 Hz, 16 Hz and Sealed tuning modes.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 22” (H) x 19.8” (W) x 26.6” (D) (without grille).
- Overall Dimensions: 22” (H) x 19.8” (W) x 28.3” (D) (with grille).
- Carton Dimensions: 28” (H) x 25” (W) x 35” (D).
- Weight (unboxed): 127 pounds.
- Weight (boxed): 157 pounds.
- Shipped Dimensions (palletized): 33” (H) x 26” (W) x 40” (D).
- Shipped Weight (palletized): 168 pounds.
- SVS 12” high performance Plus driver.
- Bifilar wound, 3” diameter, high-power aluminum voice coil.
- Polyimide impregnated fiberglass former/bobbin.
- Single, composite layered, linear roll long-throw spider.
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and parabolic SBR surround.
- Composite pulp/fiberglass press layered cone with stitched surround.
- Low carbon 1008 steel components, electrophoresis black plating.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure.
- Copper shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, and enhances thermal conductivity.
- Dual Genox 8H/Y-35 high grade ferrite magnets.
- Oversized pole vent for greater cooling and low noise.
- STA-800D Sledge with 800 watts RMS continuous power (2300 watts peak dynamic power).
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology.
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications.
- Auto-On / On switch with "green" standby mode.
- Stereo line-level RCA and balanced (XLR) input/output connections.
- Normal and Hi input voltage switch.
- Customized EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the PB12-Plus.
- Detachable power cord with main power switch and ceramic fuse.
- Variable tuning with 20Hz, 16Hz, and Sealed settings to match subwoofer port settings.
- Fully adjustable (frequency and slope) phase-correct speaker/sub digital crossover.
- Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright LCD display.
- Digital PEQ with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values.
- Room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope.
- Fixed 80 Hz 12 dB/octave high pass filter on line level outputs.
- Input impedance - 24 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 22 kΩ (balanced XLR).
Sound + Vision's Brent Butterworth reviews the PB12-Plus. His take: "Innovative company" "...the PB12-Plus delivered perhaps the most detailed, subtle performance of all these subs." "Probably the best deal going on a high end subwoofer." Read the full review by Brent Butterworth in Sound & Vision Magazine. "From its ungodly output capabilities, true 20Hz extension, and ability to play clean and distortion free, the PB12-Plus DSP has truly earned the right to be called a "subwoofer." Read the full review in Audioholics Online A/V Magazine "This superbly-built sub includes quality amplification, a sweet-sounding 12-inch driver and plenty of adjustability." Read the full review by Chris Eberle in Secrets of HT and HiFi
PB12-Plus Sound+Vision Magazine Editor's Choice 2010
Why Go Dual: Benefits and Placement of Multiple Subwoofers
Comparing Ported vs. Sealed Subwoofers for Home Theater
5 Performance Attributes of a World Class Subwoofer
“It can play loud; it can play soft and everywhere in between. It can play as well up high as it does down low, a quality many subs lack. SVS Hit this one out of the park.”
“Revolutionized both the price/performance ratio and the way we buy subwoofers.”