PC-4000 - Piano Gloss - Outlet
PC-4000 - Piano Gloss - Outlet
A tower of bass without peer across the world of audio, the PC-4000 is an icon of SVS design innovation standing tall as the most sophisticated cylinder subwoofer SVS has ever developed. Room-energizing output and deep bass extension below the threshold of human hearing with less than half the floorspace required of comparable ported box subwoofers. An effortlessly powerful amplifier and driver combine with advanced DSP technology for a level of performance and user control not seen at this price before. The PC-4000 also comes standard with the SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System for cleaner sounding bass with increased definition and more punch without room rattle and reduced bass bleed to the rest of the house.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 17-200 Hz ± 3 dB (standard mode)
- 15-200 Hz ± 3 dB (extended mode)
- 16-200 Hz ± 3 dB (sealed mode)
- Roll-off slope specifically optimized to take maximum advantage of available room gain.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic).
- Piano Gloss Black finish
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Down-firing 13.5" driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Screw-in elastomer SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System
- Triple 3.5-inch ports
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) cabinet construction
- Cabinet Dimensions: 46.9” (1190mm) H X 16.5” (419mm) Diameter
- Shipped Dimensions: 50.9” (1292mm) H X 18.8” (478mm) W X 19.2” (487mm) D
- Weight (unboxed): 92.4 lbs. (41.9 kg)
- Shipped Weight: 108.8lbs (49.35kg)
- High performance SVS 4000 Series Subwoofer Driver - optimized for ported cabinet design.
- Proprietary 13.5” Down-Firing Driver with finely tuned Underhung Motor Configuration
- 49.6lb (22.5kg) pound Woofer with 44.3lb (20.1kg) pounds for the motor
- Underhung 53mm Xmax, 91.6mm Xmech precision aligned excursion
- 8-layer aluminum flat wire edge wound 3” voice coil for ultra-low distortion, efficient heat dissipation, exceptional linearity and nearly zero power compression.
- Two massive, dedicated toroidal ferrite magnets generate unparalleled levels of magnetic force to drive the highest levels of excursion, SPL, and start/go power for the deepest and most authoritative bass possible.
- All-new High density FEA-optimized cast aluminum basket provides unequaled levels of rigidity, tensile strength, and energy transference available from a subwoofer.
- Dual 24-strand copper and Nomex composite high-temperature leads woven through the suspension provide a pristine electrical connection from the amplifier to the voice coil.
- Premium glass fiber laminated dustcap and reinforced and vented paper-composite cone sub-structure ensure a light, rigid, and neutral radiating surface.
- Precision machined motor elements and narrow tolerance suspension parts produce unmatched linearity at full excursion for exceptionally tight and fast output, even at reference volumes.
- Extreme oversized low carbon vented steel U-yoke and top plate provide superior cooling and improved magnetics for maximum performance and efficiency.
- Copper ring shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, enhances thermal conductivity
- Nickle-plated high-tension spring terminals
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and parabolic SBR extreme-excursion surround maintains ideal pistonic motion for pinpoint accuracy and control
- Low carbon 1008 steel components with black electrophoresis plating
- Massively powerful Sledge 1,200-watt continuous Class D design with 4,000+ watts of Peak Power.
- Unmatched intelligence from user adjustable low pass, phase, polarity and room gain compensation with three parametric EQs and port tuning (Ported models only) for absolute best alignment with speakers and optimized performance in any room.
- Groundbreaking SVS Bluetooth DSP control app for iOS and Android devices with three user presets allow custom tuning for every room and system.
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology with massive 32 Amp 600 Volt MOSFET’s result in lower EMI and highest efficiency while providing effortless power to produce SPLs and low frequency output with pristine clarity well beyond reference listening levels.
- High resolution 50MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP with double precision 56bit filtering is most advanced subwoofer processor available for perfect audio reproduction.
- 100v-240v full range input active Power Factor Correction (PFC) pre-regulates mains to solid 360V DC regardless of mains voltage or quality so the sound quality never falters no matter what’s coming out of the wall
- Active PFC lowers average current and smooths mains input current allowing for 1200W output from a standard 15A mains circuit.
- XLR and RCA stereo input/output with ultra-wide input voltage for consumer and professional audio applications.
- Convenient front-mounted display featuring new Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright blue dimmable/defeatable 8-digit LED front display.
- Custom EQ and DSP limiter settings tuned specifically for the PC-4000 cylinder cabinet design.
- Auto/On and 3-12V AC/DC trigger for Maximum Installation Convenience.
- Input impedance 22kohm (unbalanced RCA)/ 22kohm (balanced XLR).
- Green 0.5-watt low standby power consumption
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction, world-wide safety certifications
SVS App Specs:
- The most powerful and flexible Bluetooth controlled subwoofer DSP app, works with both iOS and Android operating systems.
- Easiest and most convenient way to adjust crossover frequencies, parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and all other bass management functions.
- Three convenient custom presets allow for perfect tuning in any room or system, from your favorite seat.
- Single tap adjustment for controlling variable port tuning with standard, extended and sealed modes.
- Unique bidirectional feedback shows adjustments in real time on both app and subwoofer interface.
- Easy-to-follow tutorial provides clear guidance for all functions.
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grill
- IR remote control
- 3 Foam Port Tuning Plugs
- SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System
- Extra heavy-duty, high current 6' power cord
- Quick Start Guide
TONE Audio Reviews the PC-4000 Subwoofer
"Digs down deep. In a larger room, it was easy to achieve near concert hall levels, and we could not drive the PC-4000 to clipping or exceed the woofers excursion...
4000 Series Subwoofers Receive HCReview's Reference Award (French)
"Delivers linear bass with impressive pressure levels, while managing to maintain extremely low distortion rates. Visceral, agile and powerful performance. A nice tour de force!"
SpareChange Reviews the PC-4000 (Youtube)
"Delivers a great combination of hard-hitting bass and ultra low-end rumble. Quick, hard-hitting tactile bass that can give your body a nice little massage while you watch a movie or...
PC-4000 Subwoofer Earns HomeCinemaChoice “Recommended” Award
“It can rattle your house with room-filling low-frequency energy, delivering bass notes that you feel in your stomach…Plenty of low-end extension here, but a surprising degree of subtlety. As a...
PC-4000 Subwoofer Receives AVSForum's Top Choice 2018 Award
"The PC-4000 plays deep, clean, and loud without breaking a sweat. It is extremely capable of handling the most demanding movie soundtracks with foundation-cracking ability, and it reproduces music with...
PC-4000 Subwoofer Receives Sound & Vision Top Picks Award
"Subterranean bass shook my room. Hit with such force that I could literally feel the impact in my chest—man I love bass! Response is taut; notes don’t linger and their...