Prime Elevation - White Gloss - Outlet - 2381
Outlet Special: Scratches on the bottom of the cabinet. See additional pics. Factory inspected and tested. 5-Year Unconditional Warranty and complete Bill of Rights coverage. Read More
45 Day Risk-Free In-Home Trial. Fast & Free Shipping and Returns.
5-Year Unconditional Warranty
Prime Elevation - White Gloss - Outlet - 2381
SVS Prime Elevation speakers play nearly any role in a home theater surround sound system amazingly well. Designed to perform as a high-end bookshelf speaker, SVS Prime Elevation speakers mount directly to the wall or ceiling with the Multi-Purpose Wall Bracket (patent pending) for easy installation as direct-radiating height effects speakers with immersive three-dimensional audio formats such as Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X® and Auro-3D®. With its unique angled front baffle, SVS Prime Elevation speakers can also be used as mains, center channel, side and rear surrounds, or as LCR speakers to provide crisp, dynamically charged sound in rooms where ideal placement of speakers isn’t possible.
- Tweeter | 1"
- Midrange | 4.5"
- Woofer | N/A
- Freq. Response | 55 Hz-25 kHz (±3 dB)
- Port size & # | 1"
- Dimension | 9.25” (H) 5.4” (W) 7.9” (D)
- Weight | 7.8 lb
Immersive three-dimensional surround sound formats such as Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X® and Auro 3D® unleash the ultimate movie, music, TV an gaming audio experience by incorporating “height effects” emanating from overhead to create a dome of sound that blankets you for a more convincing and believable performance. Prime Elevation is an optimized height effects speaker because it directly radiates full-range sound to the listener without the frequency response limitations and perfect room conditions required of prevailing “ceiling bounce” height effects speaker designs.
Prime Elevation is also a remarkably versatile, multi-purpose home theater speaker that deftly plays the role of front, center, side surround, rear surround and/or LCR speaker when ideal placement in a room isn’t possible.
SVS Takes Immersive Three-Dimensional Surround Sound to New Heights
Home theaters running height effects speakers with Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X® and Auro-3D® represent the pinnacle of immersive home audio experiences. The prevailing approach to Dolby Atmos speakers, bouncing sound off the ceiling from below, requires perfect room conditions and frequency response limiting of the speaker and detracts from the experience.
An audio epiphany, Prime Elevation speaker direct radiating with the charged dynamics, pinpoint accuracy and subtle refinement of a high end bookshelf speaker. Place it high on a wall near the ceiling and height effects can be enjoyed at full fidelity in any room, without the compromises of ceiling bounce or in-ceiling speakers. Finally, a height effects speaker designed for breath-taking effects.
Amazingly Adaptable Multi-Angle Wall Bracket Solves Countless Speaker Placement Challenges.
The specially optimized angled front baffle, precisely tuned acoustics, high-end components and innovative Multi-Angle Wall Bracket (patent pending) combine to make Prime Elevation the world’s most versatile home theater speaker. Not all rooms are designed to be perfect home theater spaces. Prime Elevation speakers easily mount to a wall or ceiling using the included Multi-Angle Wall Bracket and ceiling mount insert, so you can take advantage of every possible installation location to create the best sounding experience possible. Also included is a universal mounting option with a ¼” 20TPI brass insert that works with many other kits.
As a finishing touch, even the magnetic SVS logo on the front grille is adjustable to accommodate positioning.
One Speaker, Endless Possibilities
Here are the most common Prime Elevation applications. Its versatility as a speaker is only limited by your creativity.
Down-Firing Height Effects Speaker – Placed high on a side wall, the directly radiated sound is a vast improvement over compromised “ceiling bounce” solutions.
Up or Down-Firing Front, LCR or Center Channel Speaker - Placed above or below the viewing area, directed at listener, when placement at ear level isn’t possible.
Side or Rear-Firing Surround Speaker - Placed on side wall for rear effects or rear wall for side effects when optimal placement is not possible.
Common ceiling placement locations for the Prime Elevation speakers include:
- In front of the listening area with speakers angled down and towards rear of room
- Behind the listening area with speakers angled down and towards front of the room
- To the left and right of listening area, angled down towards the opposing side
- Directly overhead (for what’s commonly known as “Voice of God” speaker with Auro-3D)
If you have a unique room layout and are unsure of the best place to install SVS Prime Elevation speakers for height effects, 5.1 surround sound or some other application, contact the SVS Sound Experts at firstname.lastname@example.org, 877.626.5623 or chat.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 55 Hz-25 kHz (±3 dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts.
- Black Ash, Black Piano Gloss and White Piano Gloss finish options
- 5-way binding posts
- 1” wide-ﬂared rear-ﬁring port
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Magnetic SVS Logo which can be removed and oriented according to speaker application.
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Unique SVS Multi-Angle Wall Bracket (patent pending) system that allows speaker to be wall mounted in any of four positions
- 1/4" brass insert for use with included SVS Multi-Angle Wall Bracket and other bracket mounting systems.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 9.25" (H) X 5.44" (W) X 7.88" (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 9.4" (H) X 5.44" (W) X 8.33" (D) (includes grille, binding posts and bumper feet)
- Overall Dimensions: 9.25" (H) X 5.44" (W) X 8.98" (D) (includes grille and SVS Multi-Angle Wall Bracket)
- Shipped Dimensions: 9.30" (H) X 12" (W) X 18" (D)
- Weight Unboxed: 7.8 pounds
- Shipped Weight: 20 pounds
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
- Aluminum dome for exceptional transient response
4.5” Midrange Driver:
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response
- Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer
- Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts
Crossover & Cabinet Specs:
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.5 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes)
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction
- Chamfered front bafﬂe and ﬂush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved off-axis high frequency response
- FEA-optimized cabinet and extra thick MDF bracing eliminate resonances
- Angled baffle and optimized crossover combine for perfect acoustic performance at any position.
"The Prime Elevations sound better than any reflected-sound elevation speakers I have tried. Plus, they do it at a lower price than most. They also beat the sound of in-ceiling speakers. Their performance and price make them a top choice for getting the most out of Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and Auro-3D. The best 3D immersive audio experience you can have." Read the full review
AVS Forum Reviews the Prime Elevation Loudspeaker
"With the Prime Elevation speakers installed, I have grown to appreciate Dolby Surround and DTS:Neural:X up-mixing. I prefer the direct output to ceiling bounce. An impressive speaker and a ready-made upgrade for the vast majority of home theaters and anyone who wants to take advantage of the latest audio surround formats." Read the full review
High Def Digest Reviews the Prime Elevation Loudspeaker
"A perfect speaker solution for Atmos channels. Far more neutral, precise and better sounding than the competition and I love the flexible mounting. I’ve reached a caliber in my setup that I never dreamed possible." Read the full review
Screen Anarchy Reviews the Prime Elevation Loudspeaker
Performed well in a variety of roles…Great option for Dolby Atmos, without the hassle of cutting into the ceiling and routing wire through the walls and ceiling. Read the full review
LifeWire Reviews the Prime Elevation Speaker
This is one of the smartest and most practical speakers I’ve ever come across…The perfect height speaker for any Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, or Auro-3D installation...Stunning! Read the full review
PCWorld Reviews the Prime Elevation
The sound was absolutely extraordinary. They offer so many possibilities, and can adapt to so many circumstances. No matter where we put them, or the kind of audio we pumped through them, they handled everything brilliantly. Read the full review
The Master Switch Reviews the Prime Elevation
"The Elevations are just too good to use only as height channels…Highly recommended…A 10 out of 10 from me on this one." -Widescreen Review
Prime Elevation Review by Widescreen Review
"SVS has another winner on its hands with the Prime Elevation speaker, and kudos to the company for thinking outside the box to consider the needs of those who don’t have the perfect listening space. This little guy can wear many hats…and wear them well." Read the full review
HomeTheaterReview.com Reviews the Prime Elevation
Hear our president discuss why Prime Elevation is the world’s most versatile home theater speaker and how it delivers a highly immersive, uncompromised height effects speaker experience with Tom and Rob on the AVRant Podcast. -AVRant Podcast #467
AVRant Interview with Gary Yacoubian, SVS President
"These are more than just Atmos Speakers. They have a very unique design that’s super versatile. A lot of engineering went into this and it will really change how people think about home theater speakers." -HTGuys (podcast)
HTGuys on Prime Elevation
"As a company that stands behind real science in audio, it's not surprising that SVS has come up with an elevation [height effects] speaker that relies on sending the direct sound to the listener rather than the compromised bounce popularized by Dolby Speakers. Very exciting." -Audioholics
Audioholics on Prime Elevation
"As you’ll see, its unique design and positioning possibilities make it an excellent candidate to help marry multiple surround and immersive formats available on the market today." -HomeTheaterShack
Home Theater Shack on Prime Elevation
"Adaptable is the term best used to describe SVS’s new Prime Elevation speakers. The trapezoidal speakers are flexible enough to be used for a multitude of home theater configurations." -AVProductReviews
AVProductReviews on Prime Elevation
"Because the entire Prime series is timbre matched, the addition of the Prime Elevation to the lineup vastly expands the potential of the system. It’s nice to see reflected sound elevation channel option that isn’t tied to one specific immersive format." –AVSForum.com
AVSForum.com on Prime Elevation
"While we would all love to have the perfectly shaped theater room, or even dedicated space, it’s almost never a reality and that’s where a directional speaker like Prime Elevation can make a mountain of difference. I think it’s a fantastic idea." –MissingRemote.com
MissingRemote.com on Prime Elevation
"Because many audio and home theater enthusiasts cannot install in-ceiling speakers, the Prime Elevation speakers provide a perfect solution for individuals who want to take advantage of immersive audio formats such as Dolby Atmos*, DTS:X, and Auro-3D." –PoorAudiophile
The Poor Audiophile on Prime Elevation
"Brings immersive sound to life, while offering an insane amount of versatility because of its size and mounting system. I was impressed with the speaker’s controlled crispness as volume increased. The Elevations have a breadth of sound and wide dispersion that literally creates a blanket effect. Well done, SVS. Atmos has never sounded this good!" Read the full review
AV Nirvana Reviews the Prime Elevation Loudspeaker
“One of the smartest and most practical speakers I’ve come across. Perfect height speaker for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, or Auro-3D.”
“Too good to use only as height channel speakers. Highly recommended. A 10 out of 10 from me on this one."