SB-1000 - Piano Gloss - Outlet 1127
Outlet Special: Scratches on the top and front of the cabinet. See additional pictures. Factory inspected and tested. 5-Year Unconditional Warranty and complete Bill of Rights coverage.
In stock & Ships in one business day
45 Day Risk-Free In-Home Trial | Fast & Free Shipping and Returns 5-Year Unconditional WarrantyFind a Dealer
Order by Phone: 1.877.626.5623
All this and more on every SVS order.See the bill of rights
The SVS SB-2000 Subwoofer is the best-selling SVS subwoofer for its combination of effortless power, pinpoint accuracy, flawless transient response, uncompromised musicality, and intelligent processing from a relatively compact cabinet that easily integrates into any system. Featuring Ultra Series technology, the SB-2000 obliterates expectations and delivers unmatched performance for a sealed subwoofer anywhere near its price range staking a claim as the best home theater subwoofer under $1,000.
SVS Owner Systems
SVS owner shots shared via Instagram. Click on pics for captions and submit your own by tagging @SVS_Sound or #soundrevolution.
"I admire the unobtrusive proportions, rounded edges, and curved perforated metal grille…The utter speed and dynamism of the SB-2000 was unexpected and enthusiastically welcomed... Smooth tactile bass flowed like warm sweet taffy. Additionally, the room gained a measure of ambiance and increased depth of perception. Soundly recommended."Positive Feedback, Review by Victor Chavira.
"The SB-2000 was a game changer for my home theater. There was an added weight and realism to the entire presentation that was just not there before."Audio|Video Revolution, Review by Andre Marc.
"…you've got to love SVS…SVS is offering technology normally reserved for subwoofers two or three times the asking price of 2000 series…their bread and butter is helping the common man realize his (or her) dream of bass that will make your neighbors call the police… offering technology normally reserved for subwoofers two or three times the asking price of 2000 series."Audioholics.com, Preview by Tom Andry.
"Both models outperform most subwoofers by more recognizable names at the same price point."HomeTheaterForum.com, Review by Todd Erwin.
"At $699, the sub packs plenty of muscle, including a 500-watt RMS (1100-watt peak) Sledge amplifier."Digital Trends, Review by Caleb Denison.
"You’ll be hard-pressed to find a better bass value than what either of these subwoofers offers...each sub reproduced deeper bass response that I could literally feel in my sternum; it shook the house!"Sound & Vision Magazine, Review by David Vaughn.
"This is what having a sealed subwoofer is all about, audio purists will cry tears of joy at it’s lightning fast accuracy… it’s hands down one of the best sealed woofers we’ve ever heard!"The SB-2000 Receives Beststuff.com's 2014 Editors Choice Award.
"The SVS SB-2000's one of the tightest, punchiest, most precise-sounding subs I've ever heard."About.com, Review by Brent Butterworth.
"Feed it a movie soundmix and the SB-2000 provides hair-raising levels of low-frequency fun, adding tight, authentic weight to both effects and score. Switch to music and its agility and measured tone come to the fore. The SVS SB-2000 is smartly designed, easy to setup and a treat to listen to."AVTech, Best Subwoofer Award.
"All of SVS's experience and expertise has combined perfectly to create a subwoofer that punches well above its weight, delivering deep bass and real impact…The SB-2000 sealed subwoofer is a triumph for SVS, packing a staggering amount of technology and power into its diminutive enclosure."AVForums, Review by Steve Withers.
"…SVS is offering technology normally reserved for subwoofers two or three times the asking price of 2000 series… The SB-2000 and PB-2000 set a new bar in the performance/price category…"Audioholics, Review by Tom Andry.
"The SB2000 can deliver prodigious output…the texture and articulation felt great…the quality of the bass produced is excellent… A very impressive performance."TONEAudio
Owner Ratings & Reviews
The SVS SB-2000 achieves a staggering 19-240 Hz frequency response from a compact, sealed enclosure weighing only 35 lbs. and measuring 14.2-inches all-around (without feet and grille). The subwoofer’s weight, compact footprint and understated but elegant appearance make moving and blending it into any listening environment a cinch, without sacrificing any of the power and slam we expect from massive subwoofers. No small performer, the SB-2000 matches or beats the output levels of subwoofers twice its size and weight. An all-new driver and amplifier, sealed cabinet and revised tuning unleash the SB-2000 to achieve levels of articulation, musicality, dynamics and fathomless extension unequaled in other compact powered subwoofers.
Commanding 12-Inch SVS High Output Driver
At the heart of the SVS SB-2000 subwoofer is a newly engineered 12-inch 2000-series driver with dual high-grade ferrite magnets and an FEA-optimized motor for nearly distortion-free performance, even at the most extreme drive levels. A reinforced Nomex spider was integrated for improved linearity and driver control, especially important when the STA-500D amp is pushing the driver to reference SPL playback levels. To ensure the SB-2000 can play its best long into the future, the driver also features a durable low-creep rubber long-throw surround and integrated tinsel leads to maximize longevity.
Powerful and Sophisticated Sledge STA-500D Amplifier
The SB-2000 Subwoofer’s Sledge STA-500D DSP amplifier boasts specs and features normally found in subwoofers costing two or three times as much. Conservatively rated at 500 watts RMS and 1,100+ watts peak dynamic power, the amp also has brains to match its brawn. A sophisticated DSP in the amplifier includes an array of filters and volume, gain, and phase controls for fine-tuning performance. The innovations don’t stop there though. A frequency-dependent limiter/compressor algorithm with adjustable attack/release and compression parameters offers the ultimate in refined behavior at the drive limits of the subwoofer system.
SVS 12" High Output Driver
Designed from scratch—and optimized through exhaustive testing until it delivered unprecedented performance we were after—the powerful 2000-series driver does us proud.
Matched and maximized to its Sledge amplifier, it effortlessly delivers the STA-500D’s precision, dynamic flexibility and raw punch. The result: the driver delivers higher output, improved linearity and lower distortion. Which means loads of clean, precise, deep powerful bass for your movies and music.
- Computer FEA-optimized motor for even lower distortion.
- Heavy-duty voice coil for extreme power handling.
- Upgraded suspension for improved linearity and control.
- Lightweight aluminum cone delivers high efficiency.
- Rubber surround for excellent durability and long-life.
Experience SVS Audio 100% Risk-Free
The best place to audition any speaker or subwoofer isn't a noisy store; it's your own home, in the exact listening room where you will enjoy them!View the Bill of Rights
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 19-220 Hz +/- 3 dB
- Expect 2-3 Hz deeper extension in small to mid-size rooms.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- Roll-off slope optimized to take maximum advantage of available room gain
- Premium black ash and piano black finish options
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Front-firing 12" driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Screw-in rubber feet
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction
- Cabinet Dimensions: 14.6" (H) x 14.2" (W) x 15.4" (D) (without grille)
- Overall Dimensions: 14.6" (H) x 14.2" (W) x 17.1" (D) (with grille)
- Weight (unboxed): 34.8 pounds
- Shipped Dimensions: 21" (H) x 20.2" (W) x 23.2" (D)
- Shipped Weight: 51 pounds
- SVS 12” 2000-series driver
- Powder-coated cast aluminum basket
- Dual high-grade ferrite magnets
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure
- Dual shorting rings reduce gap induction and lower distortion
- Extended pole piece improves heat sink and thermal management properties
- 2” diameter, high-power voice coil
- Upgraded Nomex spider for improved linearity and driver control at extreme drive levels
- High-quality insulated tinsel leads with 3-point-contact precision alignment
- Lightweight aluminum cone with polypropylene dust cap provides excellent rigidity and pistonic behavior
- Low-creep rubber long-throw surround for excellent durability and longevity
- Sledge STA-500D DSP amplifier
- 500 watts RMS continuous (1100 watts peak dynamic)
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology
- DSP control for accurate response and refined behavior under all operating conditions
- Main power rocker switch
- Auto-On / On toggle switch
- 3-12V trigger with 1/8” (3.5 mm) TRS mini-jack input
- Green standby mode with > 0.5 watts consumption
- Stereo line-level RCA Input & Output connections
- Input impedance – 47 kΩ (unbalanced line-level RCA)
- Continuously variable volume/gain control
- Continuously variable (0-180 degrees) phase control
- Continuously variable (50-160 Hz) 12 dB/octave low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting
- Fixed 80 Hz 12 dB/octave high pass filter on line level outputs
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Detachable power cord