SB-2000 - Black Ash - Outlet - 5029
SB-2000 - Black Ash - Outlet - 5029
The SVS SB-2000 Subwoofer is the most popular SVS subwoofer for its combination of effortless power, pinpoint accuracy, flawless transient response, uncompromised musicality, and intelligent processing from a relatively compact cabinet that easily integrates into any system. Featuring Ultra Series technology, the SB-2000 obliterates expectations and delivers unmatched performance for a sealed subwoofer anywhere near its price range staking a claim as the best home theater subwoofer under $1,000.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 19-220 Hz +/- 3 dB
- Expect 2-3 Hz deeper extension in small to mid-size rooms.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- Roll-off slope optimized to take maximum advantage of available room gain
- Premium black ash and piano black finish options
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Front-firing 12" driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Screw-in rubber feet
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction
- Cabinet Dimensions: 14.6" (H) x 14.2" (W) x 15.4" (D) (without grille)
- Overall Dimensions: 14.6" (H) x 14.2" (W) x 17.1" (D) (with grille)
- Weight (unboxed): 34.8 pounds
- Shipped Dimensions: 21" (H) x 20.2" (W) x 23.2" (D)
- Shipped Weight: 51 pounds
- SVS 12” 2000-series driver
- Powder-coated cast aluminum basket
- Dual high-grade ferrite magnets
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure
- Dual shorting rings reduce gap induction and lower distortion
- Extended pole piece improves heat sink and thermal management properties
- 2” diameter, high-power voice coil
- Upgraded Nomex spider for improved linearity and driver control at extreme drive levels
- High-quality insulated tinsel leads with 3-point-contact precision alignment
- Lightweight aluminum cone with polypropylene dust cap provides excellent rigidity and pistonic behavior
- Low-creep rubber long-throw surround for excellent durability and longevity
- Sledge STA-500D DSP amplifier
- 500 watts RMS continuous (1100 watts peak dynamic)
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology
- DSP control for accurate response and refined behavior under all operating conditions
- Main power rocker switch
- Auto-On / On toggle switch
- 3-12V trigger with 1/8” (3.5 mm) TRS mini-jack input
- Green standby mode with < 0.5 watts consumption
- Stereo line-level RCA Input & Output connections
- Input impedance – 47 kΩ (unbalanced line-level RCA)
- Continuously variable volume/gain control
- Continuously variable (0-180 degrees) phase control
- Continuously variable (50-160 Hz) 12 dB/octave low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting
- Fixed 80 Hz 12 dB/octave high pass filter on line level outputs
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Detachable power cord
SB-2000 Subwoofer Review by HomeTheaterReview
“The SB-2000 provided plenty of power while cleanly extending the lower registers smoothly and accurately. Provided all the impact and low frequency punch even the most action-packed movie might demand....
Enjoy the Music Reviews the SB-2000 Subwoofer
"The SB-2000 went deep enough to satisfy any material that passed through and its bass was tight and pitch specific…can fight way above its weight class, an audiophile (or non-audiophile!)...
LVLOne Reviews the SB-2000 Subwoofer
"You can’t get a better subwoofer for the price of $699 and it easily rivals bigger more expensive brands. This subwoofer can fill up sound in nearly any home theater...
TONEAudio Reviews the SB-2000 Subwoofer
The SB2000 can deliver prodigious output…the texture and articulation felt great…the quality of the bass produced is excellent… A very impressive performance.
Positive Feedback Magazine - Victor Chavira Reviews the SB-2000
"I admire the unobtrusive proportions, rounded edges, and curved perforated metal grille…The utter speed and dynamism of the SB-2000 was unexpected and enthusiastically welcomed... Smooth tactile bass flowed like warm...
Geekanoids Reviews the Prime Bookshelf Surround System and SB-2000 Subwoofer
"You really have to hear these to believe how convincing they really are… I was blown away!"
SB-2000 Receives the AVTech Best Subwoofer Award
"Feed it a movie soundmix and the SB-2000 provides hair-raising levels of low-frequency fun, adding tight, authentic weight to both effects and score. Switch to music and its agility and...
Sound + Vision names our PB-2000 and SB-2000 as “Best under $1000”
SB-2000 Receives the BestStuff.com 2014 Editors Choice Award
"This is what having a sealed subwoofer is all about, audio purists will cry tears of joy at it’s lightning fast accuracy… it’s hands down one the best sealed woofers...
The SB-2000 Wins the AVForums Highly Recommended Award
"All of SVS's experience and expertise has combined perfectly to create a subwoofer that punches well above its weight, delivering deep bass and real impact…The SB-2000 sealed subwoofer is a...
Audio|Video Revolution - Andre Marc Reviews the SB-2000
"The SB-2000 was a game changer for my home theater. There was an added weight and realism to the entire presentation that was just not there before."
The PB-2000 and SB-2000 Subwoofers Receive Sound & Vision’s Top Pick Award.
"You’ll be hard-pressed to find a better bass value than what either of these subwoofers offers...each sub reproduced deeper bass response that I could literally feel in my sternum; it...
HomeTheaterForum.com Reviews the SB-2000 and PB-2000 Subwoofers
"Both models outperform most subwoofers by more recognizable names at the same price point"
Digital Trends - Hands on Video Review of the SB-2000
"At $699, the sub packs plenty of muscle, including a 500-watt RMS (1100-watt peak) Sledge amplifier."
About.com - Brent Butterworth Reviews the SB-2000
"The SVS SB-2000's one of the tightest, punchiest, most precise-sounding subs I've ever heard."
Audioholics.com - Tom Andry Previews the PB-2000 and SB-2000 Subwoofers
"…you've got to love SVS…SVS is offering technology normally reserved for subwoofers two or three times the asking price of 2000 series…their bread and butter is helping the common man...