SB16-Ultra features a massive 16" Ultra driver with astonishing 8" edge wound voice coil, a stunningly powerful 1,500 watts continuous, 5,000+ watts peak power Sledge amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output and an innovative subwoofer control and DSP smartphone app with custom presets for precise tuning. The ultimate sealed box subwoofer. Read More
Order by Phone 877.626.5623
45 Day Risk-Free In-Home Trial. Fast & Free Shipping and Returns.
5-Year Unconditional Warranty
Introducing the SB16-Ultra
One Subwoofer to Rule Them All. Introducing the SB16-Ultra.
An unrelenting passion for awesome bass performance and engineering perfection guided every aspect of the SB16-Ultra subwoofer’s design. Groundbreaking technology, rigorous design and extreme testing in real world and laboratory environments allowed SVS to achieve massive output levels, extreme low frequency extension, near-perfect frequency response accuracy, and pinpoint transient response. The culmination of all SVS design advancements, SB16-Ultra represents the greatest leap forward in performance and innovation since the inception of subwoofers.
- Driver | 16"
- Amplifier | 1500 watts RMS (5000 watts peak)
- Freq. Response | 16-460 Hz ±3dB
- Port Size & # | N/A
- Dimension | 20" (H) 19.5" (W) 20.1" (D)
- Weight | 122lbs
Masterful Engineering. 3 Game-Changing Subwoofer Innovations.
One of these groundbreaking innovations would’ve been enough to make the 16-Ultra Series an engineering tour-de-force, but the combination of 3 subwoofer firsts propels the SVS SB16-Ultra into the pantheon of all-time great audio products.
Massive New 16-inch SVS Ultra Driver with Unprecedented 8-inch Edge Wound Voice Coil.
When designing the biggest and most formidable driver ever used in an SVS subwoofer, it was of utmost importance to meet or exceed the same supreme standards of control and accuracy as every other subwoofer SVS manufactures. One huge advancement that allows the SB16-Ultra to handle the crushing force of a 16-inch driver is the 8-inch edge wound voice coil, the largest ever deployed in a consumer subwoofer. This innovation ensures ultra-low distortion, efficient heat dissipation, exceptional linearity and nearly zero power compression. By nature, larger drivers are more difficult to control, but the unprecedented voice coil design ensures accuracy in frequency response and speed in transients without ever sounding boomy.
Pushing the driver are four massive, dedicated toroidal ferrite magnets that unleash a staggering 78mm peak to peak excursion and the highest levels of motor force and palpable SPLs. The light and rigid 16-inch Ultra driver cone consists of a premium fiberglass resin composite with optimal stiffness to mass ratio to maximize movement of air and sonic energy without ever distorting or losing control.
Stunningly Powerful, New Sledge Amplifier with Fully Discrete MOSFET Output and 1,500 Watts Continuous, 5,000+ Watts Peak Power.
Conservatively rated at 1,500 watts continuous, 5,000+ watts peak power, the SB16-Ultra Sledge STA-1500D amplifier’s 64 Amp 200-Volt MOSFETs are the sonic muscle behind arguably the most powerful and highest fidelity subwoofer amplifier ever developed. Discrete MOSFET output results in superior handling and tighter control of the immense amplifier power and represents a major upgrade over the integrated circuits found in nearly all other Class D subwoofers.
Effortless power must be harnessed to ensure refined behavior and pristine output at the most demanding drive levels. To achieve this, the SB16-Ultra subwoofer uses the audio industry’s most advanced 50 Mhz Analog Devices Audio DSP with 56bit filtering to handle the nearly limitless power, only unleashing the perfect amount of low frequency energy at just the right time.
Innovative New Smartphone App for Subwoofer DSP and Control.
Compatible with Apple® and Android® platforms, the innovative SB16-Ultra smartphone app unleashes the full depth, force and nuance of the world’s finest subwoofer. The groundbreaking SVS subwoofer app controls all DSP functions and conveniently stores custom presets. It’s the easiest way ever to fine tune bass surpassing 16Hz at reference volumes from the comfort of your favorite seat.
For added convenience, 2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and subwoofer interface and Bluetooth connectivity allows adjustments to be made even when the subwoofer is not in sight. Control is also available via IR remote and an intuitive front panel display.
Acoustically Inert, Rigidly Braced Cabinet
A subwoofer capable of creating such extreme levels of sonic energy requires an equally robust cabinet design. The SB16-Ultra is built with a double thick MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing to support the massive drive unit and to ensure an acoustically inert environment. The highly reinforced internal design eliminates any chance of coloration or resonance from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference sound pressure levels.
SVS Subwoofer Design Philosophy
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 16-460 Hz +/- 3 dB
- Roll-off slope specifically optimized to take maximum advantage of available room gain.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic).
- Black Oak and Piano Gloss Black finish options
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Front-firing 16" driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Screw-in rubber feet
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction
- Cabinet Dimensions: 20" (H) x 19.5" (W) x 20.1" (D) (without grille)
- Cabinet Dimensions (with grille): 20” (H) X 19.5” (W) X 22.9” (D)
- Shipped Dimensions: 24.9" H X 25.1" W X 30.3" D
- Weight (unboxed): 122 pounds
- Shipped Weight: 145.9 pounds
- SVS 16” Ultra-series driver
- Powder-coated cast aluminum basket
- Four high-grade ferrite magnets
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure
- Dual shorting rings reduce gap induction and lower distortion
- Extended pole piece improves heat sink and thermal management properties
- 8” diameter, high-power edge wound voice coil
- 78mm peak to peak Xmech excursion (65mm Xmax)
- Upgraded Nomex spider for improved linearity and driver control at extreme drive levels
- Dual 24-strand copper and Nomex composite high-temperature leads provide a pristine electrical connection from the amplifier to the voice coil
- Premium glass fiber laminated dustcap and reinforced composite cone sub-structure ensure a light, ridged, and neutral radiating surface
- Low-creep rubber long-throw surround for excellent durability and longevity
- Sledge STA-1500D DSP amplifier
- 1,500 watts RMS continuous (5,000+ watts peak dynamic)
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology
- High resolution 50Mhz Analog Devices Audio DSP with double precision 56bit filtering is most advanced subwoofer processor available for perfect audio reproduction
- Active PFC (Power Factor Correction) ensures the cleanest 1500W output regardless of your home mains supply
- XLR and RCA stereo input/output with ultra-wide input voltage for consumer and professional audio applications
- Convenient front-mounted display with subwoofer controls and 8 digit LED display
- Groundbreaking Subwoofer Control and Bass Management Smartphone App for Apple and Android Devices
- IR Remote Control
- Three user adjustable parametric EQs
- Continuously variable volume/gain control
- Continuously variable (0-180 degrees) phase control
- Continuously variable (30-200 Hz) 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting
- Main power rocker switch
- Auto-On / On / Trigger Controls
- 3-12V trigger with 1/8” (3.5 mm) TRS mini-jack input
- Green standby mode with > 0.5 watts consumption
- Input impedance 22kohm (RCA)/ 22kohm (XLR).
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Detachable power cord
SB16-Ultra receives 2017 CES Innovations Award and coveted “Best of Innovations” honor for being the top high performance audio or video product -CES 2016
SB16-Ultra Receives 2017 CES Innovations Award
"No matter the material I threw at it, the sub delivered bass that was massive yet tight and lightning fast. Had no problem energizing the air in my large family room, producing tactile bass that hammered my chest, and delivering next-level bass realism, letting you feel the soundtrack and experience the action more deeply. The SB16-Ultra is a force multiplier, improving the performance of any system you add it to. I give it my highest recommendation." Read the full review
Residential Systems Reviews the SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
"SVS has outdone themselves. This is a 'move the bar' type of product. It does everything exceptionally well, never revealing a single weakness. The 16-Ultra subwoofers expertly blends precision and power into one cohesive package, remaining composed at all times. Makes everything sound good." Read the full review
Home Theater Shack Reviews the SB16-Ultra
"I've heard almost all of the top subwoofers currently on the market. The SB16-Ultra sounds like none of them. It's almost in a whole different category of low-frequency sound. May well be the best subwoofer ever made." Read the full review
HomeTheaterReview.com Reviews the SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
"Competes with top-performing subs costing twice or more their price. The kinetic energy reached deafening reference listening levels…I’m surprised it didn’t set off the Earthquake Detection System… My jaw was stuck ajar—man, I love good bass! Very Highly Recommended." Read the full review
SB16-Ultra and PB16-Ultra Subwoofers receive Sound & Vision's Top Pick of the Year Award
"Reproduced rippling, subterranean bass notes that go from audible to sensory…it will embarrass the audio systems in many commercial movie theaters…The best subwoofer I’ve heard." Read the full review
PCWorld.com Reviews the SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
"Tight and natural sounding. The SVS SB16-Ultra was capable of subtlety but also brought grandeur when asked. Hit hard when it needed to and had a soft touch in those moments when less-is-more. It never strained at any volume, no matter how loud I cranked it. At times beautiful and other times thunderous. A top-notch subwoofer." Read the full review
Audioholics Reviews the SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
SVS 16-Ultra Subwoofer Technology Overview
Why Go Dual: Benefits and Placement of Multiple Subwoofers
Comparing Ported vs. Sealed Subwoofers for Home Theater
5 Performance Attributes of a World Class Subwoofer
“A whole different category of low-frequency sound. May well be the best subwoofer ever made.”
“Spending 3 times more won’t guarantee better performance. I can’t over-state how good 16-Ultra sounds.”