SB16-Ultra - Piano Gloss - Outlet - 5035
SB16-Ultra - Piano Gloss - Outlet - 5035
One Subwoofer to Rule Them All. Introducing the SB16-Ultra.
An unrelenting passion for awesome bass performance and engineering perfection guided every aspect of the SB16-Ultra subwoofer’s design. Groundbreaking technology, rigorous design and extreme testing in real world and laboratory environments allowed SVS to achieve massive output levels, extreme low frequency extension, near-perfect frequency response accuracy, and pinpoint transient response. The culmination of all SVS design advancements, SB16-Ultra represents the greatest leap forward in performance and innovation since the inception of subwoofers.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 16-460 Hz +/- 3 dB
- Roll-off slope specifically optimized to take maximum advantage of available room gain.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic).
- Black Oak and Piano Gloss Black finish options
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Front-firing 16" driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Screw-in rubber feet
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction
- Cabinet Dimensions: 20" (H) x 19.5" (W) x 20.1" (D) (without grille)
- Cabinet Dimensions (with grille): 20” (H) X 19.5” (W) X 22.9” (D)
- Shipped Dimensions: 24.9" H X 25.1" W X 30.3" D
- Weight (unboxed): 122 pounds
- Shipped Weight: 145.9 pounds
- SVS 16” Ultra-series driver
- Powder-coated cast aluminum basket
- Four high-grade ferrite magnets
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure
- Dual shorting rings reduce gap induction and lower distortion
- Extended pole piece improves heat sink and thermal management properties
- 8” diameter, high-power edge wound voice coil
- 78mm peak to peak Xmech excursion (65mm Xmax)
- Upgraded Nomex spider for improved linearity and driver control at extreme drive levels
- Dual 24-strand copper and Nomex composite high-temperature leads provide a pristine electrical connection from the amplifier to the voice coil
- Premium glass fiber laminated dustcap and reinforced composite cone sub-structure ensure a light, ridged, and neutral radiating surface
- Low-creep rubber long-throw surround for excellent durability and longevity
- Sledge STA-1500D DSP amplifier
- 1,500 watts RMS continuous (5,000+ watts peak dynamic)
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology
- High resolution 50MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP with double precision 56bit filtering is most advanced subwoofer processor available for perfect audio reproduction
- Active PFC (Power Factor Correction) ensures the cleanest 1500W output regardless of your home mains supply
- XLR and RCA stereo input/output with ultra-wide input voltage for consumer and professional audio applications
- Convenient front-mounted display with subwoofer controls and 8 digit LED display
- Groundbreaking Subwoofer Control and Bass Management Smartphone App for Apple and Android Devices
- IR Remote Control
- Three user adjustable parametric EQs
- Continuously variable volume/gain control
- Continuously variable (0-180 degrees) phase control
- Continuously variable (30-200 Hz) 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting
- Main power rocker switch
- Auto-On / On / Trigger Controls
- 3-12V trigger with 1/8” (3.5 mm) TRS mini-jack input
- Green standby mode with > 0.5 watts consumption
- Input impedance 22kohm (RCA)/ 22kohm (XLR).
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Detachable power cord
Masterful Engineering. 3 Game-Changing Subwoofer Innovations.
One of these groundbreaking innovations would’ve been enough to make the 16-Ultra Series an engineering tour-de-force, but the combination of 3 subwoofer firsts propels the SVS SB16-Ultra into the pantheon of all-time great audio products.
Massive New 16-inch SVS Ultra Driver with Unprecedented 8-inch Edge Wound Voice Coil.
When designing the biggest and most formidable driver ever used in an SVS subwoofer, it was of utmost importance to meet or exceed the same supreme standards of control and accuracy as every other subwoofer SVS manufactures. One huge advancement that allows the SB16-Ultra to handle the crushing force of a 16-inch driver is the 8-inch edge wound voice coil, the largest ever deployed in a consumer subwoofer. This innovation ensures ultra-low distortion, efficient heat dissipation, exceptional linearity and nearly zero power compression. By nature, larger drivers are more difficult to control, but the unprecedented voice coil design ensures accuracy in frequency response and speed in transients without ever sounding boomy.
Pushing the driver are four massive, dedicated toroidal ferrite magnets that unleash a staggering 78mm peak to peak excursion and the highest levels of motor force and palpable SPLs. The light and rigid 16-inch Ultra driver cone consists of a premium fiberglass resin composite with optimal stiffness to mass ratio to maximize movement of air and sonic energy without ever distorting or losing control.
Stunningly Powerful, New Sledge Amplifier with Fully Discrete MOSFET Output and 1,500 Watts Continuous, 5,000+ Watts Peak Power.
Conservatively rated at 1,500 watts continuous, 5,000+ watts peak power, the SB16-Ultra Sledge STA-1500D amplifier’s 64 Amp 200-Volt MOSFETs are the sonic muscle behind arguably the most powerful and highest fidelity subwoofer amplifier ever developed. Discrete MOSFET output results in superior handling and tighter control of the immense amplifier power and represents a major upgrade over the integrated circuits found in nearly all other Class D subwoofers.
Effortless power must be harnessed to ensure refined behavior and pristine output at the most demanding drive levels. To achieve this, the SB16-Ultra subwoofer uses the audio industry’s most advanced 50 MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP with 56bit filtering to handle the nearly limitless power, only unleashing the perfect amount of low frequency energy at just the right time.
Innovative New Smartphone App for Subwoofer DSP and Control.
Compatible with Apple® and Android® platforms, the innovative SB16-Ultra smartphone app unleashes the full depth, force and nuance of the world’s finest subwoofer. The groundbreaking SVS subwoofer app controls all DSP functions and conveniently stores custom presets. It’s the easiest way ever to fine tune bass surpassing 16Hz at reference volumes from the comfort of your favorite seat.
For added convenience, 2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and subwoofer interface and Bluetooth connectivity allows adjustments to be made even when the subwoofer is not in sight. Control is also available via IR remote and an intuitive front panel display.
Acoustically Inert, Rigidly Braced Cabinet
A subwoofer capable of creating such extreme levels of sonic energy requires an equally robust cabinet design. The SB16-Ultra is built with a double thick MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing to support the massive drive unit and to ensure an acoustically inert environment. The highly reinforced internal design eliminates any chance of coloration or resonance from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference sound pressure levels.
Soundstage Reviews SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
“One of the biggest, baddest, best sealed-box subwoofers you can buy. Includes a modern feature set to ease installation, has output capability to spare for all but the largest spaces,...
Home Theater Forum Reviews SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
“Flat in-room response down to 15Hz. Bullet-proof construction, which goes far beyond any consumer driver I’m aware of, from any manufacturer. Not once have they demonstrated inability to easily handle...
Digital Trends names SB16-Ultra "2020 Subwoofer of the Year"
“We’ve had the SB-16 Ultra in our testing chambers for many months now — not because we’re too lazy to move it out, but because we haven’t found anything worthy...
Enjoy the Music Reviews the SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
“Setting up the SVS subs was easy and fun. I could feel the sub-sonic tones on the surface of my exposed skin, but I could swear I could feel my...
Dagogo Reviews the SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
"I can kick myself for being so stubborn all these years, these decades about my feelings towards subwoofers. It was my long-held contention that subwoofers were the domain of failed...
Stereophile Names SB16-Ultra as a Class A "Recommended Component for 2018"
Stereophile magazine, the leading voice for audiophiles in the U.S., recently announced its “Recommended Components” for 2018 and honored the SVS SB16-Ultra with its highest “Class A” ranking for subwoofers....
SB16-Ultra Subwoofer Receives Audio Magazine's "Recommended Product" Award (Germany)
"The SB16 Ultra trembled the room – powerful, focused and long breath. An enormous amount of power for manageable money."
SB16-Ultra Subwoofer named "Best Subwoofer You Can Buy" by Digital Trends
"It’s our favorite subwoofer ever, built to excel in any and all circumstances. Offers everything you could want in a subwoofer – high-end power, impressive clarity, precise detail, and good...
Positive Feedback Reviews the SB16-Ultra
"I could really feel and hear every bit of nuance the artist intended. The bass lines were just endless, and there wasn't a task too large for the SVS SB16-Ultra....
Stereoplay (Germany) Reviews the SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
"They’re one of the few speakers that do everything well…rare combination of good sound quality and affordability. Great treble response, smooth mid-range and deep accurate bass makes them a great...
The SB16-Ultra Receives AVTech Media's Best Subwoofer Award
"For an authoritative and largescale sub-bass experience to accompany your movies, SVS’s mightily impressive SB16-Ultra is an essential audition. A newly designed 16-in bass driver, claiming a massive 3.7-in excursion,...
Sterophile Reviews the SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
"Pitch-perfect, detailed, fast bass, and enough power to function in my large listening room. Reproduced the deepest notes with mass and solidity. No muddying of the clarity and transparency of...
SB16-Ultra earns 2017 CE Pro BEST (Best Electronics Systems Technologies) Award
Home Cinema Choice Reviews the 16-Ultra Series Subwoofers
"Fear-inducing SPLs. Bass that you feel as well as hear. Delicious weight and scale, without a trace of distortion…beauty of its tone to bathe in…a full-bodied experience. It’s jaw on...
The SB16-Ultra Receives the Soundstage Reviewers Choice Award
"Incredibly dynamic and slamming. Explosions thundered, then rolled through the room and I was able to feel each concussive shockwave. Energized my space with super-deep, articulate bass. A true reference-quality...
AVS Forum Reviews the SB16-Ultra
"The ability to handle bass moments with both power and dexterity is what really impressed but the SB16-Ultra also managed to deliver incredibly low frequencies without distorting. It was a...
Audioholics Reviews the SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
"Tight and natural sounding. The SVS SB16-Ultra was capable of subtlety but also brought grandeur when asked. Hit hard when it needed to and had a soft touch in those...
Residential Systems Reviews the SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
"No matter the material I threw at it, the sub delivered bass that was massive yet tight and lightning fast. Had no problem energizing the air in my large family...
Home Theater Shack Reviews the SB16-Ultra
"SVS has outdone themselves. This is a 'move the bar' type of product. It does everything exceptionally well, never revealing a single weakness. The 16-Ultra subwoofers expertly blends precision and...
SB16-Ultra and PB16-Ultra Subwoofers receive Sound & Vision's Top Pick of the Year Award
"Competes with top-performing subs costing twice or more their price. The kinetic energy reached deafening reference listening levels…I’m surprised it didn’t set off the Earthquake Detection System… My jaw was...
PCWorld.com Reviews the SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
"Reproduced rippling, subterranean bass notes that go from audible to sensory…it will embarrass the audio systems in many commercial movie theaters…The best subwoofer I’ve heard."
HomeTheaterReview.com Reviews the SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
"I've heard almost all of the top subwoofers currently on the market. The SB16-Ultra sounds like none of them. It's almost in a whole different category of low-frequency sound. May...
SB16-Ultra Receives 2017 CES Innovations Award
SB16-Ultra receives 2017 CES Innovations Award and coveted “Best of Innovations” honor for being the top high performance audio or video product -CES 2016