Ultra Surround - Piano - Outlet 1168
Outlet Special: Scratches on the top and the bottom. See additional pic. Factory inspected and tested. 5-Year Unconditional Warranty and complete Bill of Rights coverage. Read More
45 Day Risk-Free In-Home Trial. Fast & Free Shipping and Returns.
5-Year Unconditional Warranty
Ultra Surround - Piano - Outlet 1168
58 Hz-32 kHz (±3 dB)"FREQ. RESPONSE
N/APort Size & #
14” (H) 12.3” (W) 7” (D)Dimension
Introducing the ULTRA SURROUND
SVS UTRA SURROUND - IMMERSIVE SURROUND SOUND EXPERIENCE
High-definition movie and multi-channel music soundtracks demand a high-performance surround speaker. The Ultra Surround rises to the challenge, delivering immersive and thrilling surround sound effects rivaling the finest commercial cinemas. Finished in premium-grade piano gloss black and real black oak veneer, and featuring a compact driver array with 45-degree baffles and a shallow cabinet depth, the Ultra Surround integrates seamlessly into any upscale home theater.
UNIQUE AND FLEXIBLE SURROUND SOUND MODES
For the ultimate in flexibility, the Ultra Surround can operate in three different surround sound modes:
- Bipole - both sets of drivers in phase
- Dipole mode - both sets of drivers out of phase
- Duet mode - each set of drivers receives a discrete signal
Duet mode creates two separate speakers within one cabinet, allowing true 7-channel surround sound with just two surround speakers instead of the more common four. Duet mode is very useful for enthusiasts who want to experience discrete 7 channel surround sound, but who lack the space for a separate set of rear surround speakers.
The Ultra Surround also features an integral aluminum wall mounting bracket, with a safety catch feature which helps prevent the speaker from being inadvertently dislodged.
DRAMATIC STYLING YIELDS SONIC BENEFITS
The stylish Ultra Surround cabinet design yields numerous sonic benefits. The non-parallel cabinet panels reduce standing waves within the cabinet, effectively eliminating frequency response coloration. The wedge-shaped front baffles and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response. Even the grille design is FEA-optimized to maximize acoustic transparency.
SVS Drivers Extreme Performance and Uncompromised Fidelity
The proprietary SVS drivers utilize the finest materials and design features to ensure the highest sound quality and performance. The Ultra Surround driver array features dual 1” aluminum dome tweeter and a 5.5” woofer.
Dual 1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter
- Utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser which delivers a very open ‘airy’ presentation and extremely unveiled highs
- Delivers a sound stage so pure and free of artifacts that you'll swear the performers are in the room.
Dual 5.5” Woofer
Delivers excellent midrange detail and radiated sound power with surprisingly punchy bass response:
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio which improves sensitivity and maintains pistonic behavior well beyond the pass-band of the driver
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response.
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and enhance heat-sinking capacity.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 58 Hz-32 kHz (± dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz, bipolar mode)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-250 watts
- Dual Baffle Surround Loudspeaker
- Piano gloss black and real black oak veneer finish options
- Dual independent gold-plated 5-way binding posts
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Aluminum wall mounting bracket with safety catch feature to help prevent inadvertent removal
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet
- Cabinet Dimensions: 14” (H) x 12.3” (W) x 6.9” (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 14” (H) x 12.3” (W) x 7” (D) (with bracket)
- Shipped Dimensions: 19" (H) x 22" (W) x 17" (D)
- Weight: 18 pounds
- Shipped Weight: 40 pounds
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
- Aluminum dome delivers exceptional transient response and exceptional stiffness/mass ratio
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio for high sensitivity and pistonic behavior beyond pass band.
- Aluminum shorting rings to reduce gap inductance and lower distortion
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and additional heat-sinking capacity
- Vented voice coil formers to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels
Crossover & Cabinet Specs
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards
- Dual isolated crossover networks allows for bipole, dipole or unique Duet mode
- Crossover frequency and slopes optimized for excellent off-axis polar response, outstanding phase coherency, and total radiated sound power
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.0 kHz
- Non-parallel cabinet panels reduces axial standing waves within the cabinet, reducing frequency response coloration
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles, wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers all contribute to reduced edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response