Ultra Tower - Piano Outlet - 1088
Outlet Special: Scratches on the top. See additional pic. Factory inspected and tested. 5-Year Unconditional Warranty and complete Bill of Rights coverage.
In stock & Ships in one business day
45 Day Risk-Free In-Home Trial | Fast & Free Shipping and Returns 5-Year Unconditional WarrantyFind a Dealer
Order by Phone: 1.877.626.5623
All this and more on every SVS order.See the bill of rights
28 Hz-32 kHz (±3 dB)"FREQ. RESPONSE
3.5”Port Size & #
45.6" (H) 13.8" (W) 16.8" (D)Dimension
Introducing the ULTRA TOWER
Standing 45" tall with a unique upswept trapezoidal shape and striking edge treatments, the Ultra Tower creates a dramatic visual statement. Premium-grade finishes in piano gloss black and real black oak veneer complement this contemporary design.
But at SVS beauty is never just skin-deep. The Ultra Tower delivers a deep and detailed soundstage with incredible resolution, absolute transparency, and amazingly rich and articulated bass – outperforming other brands costing two and three times their price.
Dramatic Styling Yields Sonic Benefits
The stunning Ultra Tower cabinet design yields numerous sonic benefits. The non-parallel cabinet panels reduce standing waves within the cabinet, effectively eliminating frequency response coloration. The wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response. Even the grille design is FEA-optimized to maximize acoustic transparency.
Each cabinet also employs two separate sealed midrange enclosures to optimize performance and minimize negative interaction between drivers. In addition, the cabinet bracing is FEA-optimized, the cabinet midrange/tweeter baffles are 1" thick and the woofer baffles are an amazing 1.5" thick. This robust construction eliminates structural resonances and ensures the cabinet remains acoustically inert for uncolored response even at the highest drive levels.
“Web-direct speaker-maker SVS, long known for outstanding subwoofers, knocked it out of the park on sound and build quality with the high-value, full-range Ultra speaker line.”The Ultra Speakers receive Sound ;amp Vision’s 2013 Top Pick of the Year Award, 1/29/2014.
“Dynamics of a custom theater system, neutrality and ambience of an audiophile system…Certified and Recommended.”Sound and Vision, Review by Brent Butterworth, June 2013.
See why CNET praises the new addition to the SVS product line...CNET, Review, 11/9/2013.
"Glossy, gorgeous, and powerful only begin to describe these Internet-direct speakers. With SVS's 45-day in-home trial option, those who are shopping in the $2,000-per-pair market owe it to themselves to give these towers a try."The Ultra Tower Receives HomeTheaterReview.com's Best of 2013 Award, 12/2/2013
"Dammit, I think SVS may have rigged the awards. Well, that, or they simply consistently make stellar products. Okay, it's the latter."Audioholics, 2013 Consumer Excellence Award, 7/3/2013.
"Hats off to the SVS crew for introducing what may turn out to be a classic loudspeaker model, and making it easy to own…the Ultra Towers are among the best values I’ve heard at this price point."Hi Res Audio Central, Review by Ron Goldberg, 3/30/2015.
"The SVS Ultra Tower Surround speaker package came as close to earning a perfect 10 as any other speaker system we've heard in its price class...for our money, this is the speaker system to beat this year and possibly for years to come."Digital Trends, Review by Caleb Denison, 4/22/2013.
"...an exceptional multichannel loudspeaker system that is true to SVS' tradition of offering higher performance for the money through R&D and design... the SVS Ultras offer a level of price/performance value that is rare, if non-existent."Widescreen Review Magazine, Review by Gary Reber, March 2013.
"Impressive value, great looks, and easy set-up; the cost of entry to full-size high end speakers is lower than ever."Hifizine.com, Review by Patrick Dillon, 10/16/2013.
"The SVS Ultra Tower is a phenomenal accomplishment at the price; there's just nothing I've heard for $2000/pair, or even for significantly more, that comes close."Thom Moon - GoodSound!, part of The SoundStage! Network.
"...these are beautiful, capable speakers that are also a terrific value...remarkable speakers at a head turning price...their performance stands toe to toe with much more expensive contenders"Audioholics, Review by Marshall Guthrie, 4/3/2013.
"The level of detail and inflection captured and put forth by the Ultra Series speakers was incredible…Simply put, the whole experience was fantastic. What more can an enthusiast on a budget ask for? I couldn't think of anything…"Home Theater Review.com, Review by Andrew Robinson, 3/4/2013.
"The SVS Ultra Tower hits higher-tier performance benchmarks that keep it fiercely competitive against products many times its modest cost. An overachiever on all levels…It's a stunning price/performance ratio that constitutes a genuine bargain."Sixmoons.com, Review by Glen Wagenknecht, June 2013.
"These speakers, particularly the Tower, can do anything...performed flawlessly."Home Theater Forum, Review by Sam Chandler, 5/22/2013.
"The SVS Ultra Towers are certainly one of the best sounding speakers we have heard in the sub-$2000 (per pair) category. The ability to reproduce subtle details, provide a wide soundstage with excellent and seamless bass reproduction make this a highly attractive loudspeaker."LA Audio File, Review by Kevin Nakano, April 2013.
"One evening, I invited an esteemed colleague with over thirty years of experience in audio arts. He brought a vast variety of songs on his music dedicated laptop. Each song played inspired different song or another direction and on it went for several hours into the night. Finally, towards the end he asked about the price of Ultra's and he shook his head and smiled in disbelief. "I know!" I said."Positive Feedback, Review by Victor Chavira, May/June 2013 issue.
"The bass from the quartet of 8in drivers and that weapons-grade hammer of a bass driver is wondrous. Rapid beyond belief, with astonishing grip and literally no overhang at all... But there's more than just an iron grip and lack of bass boominess - this is a whole package of loveliness...the SVS system's midband and effortless, soaring, clean and pure highs were able to entertain as well as unnerve."Home Cinema Choice, Review by Adam Rayner.
Clarity Alliance announces SVS/Primare as the “Best Home Cinema Room 2013.”Best of Show Awards, Sound & Vision - The Bristol Show 2013.
Owner Ratings & Reviews
SVS Drivers Extreme Performance and Uncompromised Fidelity
The proprietary SVS drivers utilize the finest materials and design features to ensure the highest sound quality and performance. The Ultra Tower driver array features a 1” aluminum dome tweeter, dual 6.5” midrange drivers, and dual 8" horizontally opposed woofers.
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter
Light, efficient, and rigid, providing high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) with minimal distortion and the sense of utter transparency. It deploys a Finite-Element-Analysis (FEA) optimized diffuser to ensure the tweeter only has the perfect on-axis and off-axis frequency response. That way everyone in your listening room gets the best performance. Likewise, since we share these design traits with both the Prime and Ultra speakers, both product lines can blend well with one another while offering that SVS hallmark ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs.
Dual 6,5” Midrange Drivers
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio which improves sensitivity and maintains pistonic behavior well beyond the pass-band of the driver.
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response.
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and enhance heat-sinking capacity.
Dual 8” Woofers
- Long-stroke motor and suspension for low distortion and high output capability
- Heavy duty voice coil for enhanced power handling and thermal management
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response
Forcefactor Woofer Array
The unique ForceFactor horizontally-opposed dual woofer configuration results in mechanical force cancellation for reduced distortion and cleaner, tighter bass response.
The ForceFactor array also eliminates cabinet vibration, which could otherwise modulate the mid/high frequencies – so the soundstage is always stable and crystal clear.
Also, since the four woofers all fire in different directions, the acoustical loading and modal density in the listening space is greatly enhanced. No matter where you sit, the bass response will be effortless, smooth and accurate, and free of room-based anomalies.
Soundmatch Crossover Intelligently Designed For Your Listening Room
The unique SoundMatch 3.5-way crossover features a tapered array which supplies each midrange driver with an optimized frequency band. Only the top midrange crosses over to the tweeter, while the bottom midrange is tapered to minimize the potential for off-axis lobing at the critical midrange-to-tweeter crossover frequency. The result is a smoother in-room frequency response and enhanced radiation of total sound power, along with a more generous sweet spot in the vertical axis for a convincing and stable sound stage. Naturally the SoundMatch crossover network also features premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards to ensure pure signal transmission.
Experience SVS Audio 100% Risk-Free
The best place to audition any speaker or subwoofer isn't a noisy store; it's your own home, in the exact listening room where you will enjoy them!View the Bill of Rights
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 28 Hz-32 kHz (+/-3 dB).
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 88 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz).
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-300 watts.
- Floor Standing Tower Loudspeaker
- Real black oak veneer and piano gloss black finish options
- Dual gold-plated 5-way binding posts
- 3.5" wide-flared rear-firing port
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Elastomer screw-in feet - adjustable for level
- Spiked metal screw-in feet included - adjustable for level
- Cabinet Dimensions: 45.6” (H) x 13.8” (W) x 16.5” (D) (without grille)
- Overall Dimensions: 45.6” (H) x 13.8” (W) x 16.8” (D) (with grille)
- Shipped Dimensions: 50.3" (H) X 21.3" (W) X 22.3" (D)
- Weight Unboxed: 75.4 pounds
- Shipped Weight: 86 pounds
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
- Aluminum dome delivers exceptional transient response and exceptional stiffness/mass ratio
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
- Aluminum shorting rings to reduce gap inductance and lower distortion
- Long stroke motor and suspension for high output
- Vented voice coil formers to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio for high sensitivity and pistonic behavior beyond pass band
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and additional heat-sinking capacity
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels
Crossover & Cabinet Specs
- 3.5-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards
- Unique tapered midrange array miniimizes off-axis lobing and enhances radiated sound power into listening space
- Top midrange-to-tweeter crossover: 2 kHz
- Bottom midrange taper frequency: 700 Hz
- Dual midrange-to-woofer crossover: 160 Hz
- Separate sealed midrange enclosures minimize top-to-bottom wall dimensions and shift standing waves beyond the driver pass band, minimizing negative driver interaction and associated frequency response degradation
- Non-parallel cabinet panels reduces axial standing waves within the cabinet, reducing frequency response coloration
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles, wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers all contribute to reduced edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response
- FEA-optimized bracing, 1" thick midrange/tweeter baffles and 1.5" thick woofer baffles eliminates structural resonances and ensures the cabinet remains acoustically inert for uncolored response even at the highest drive levels
Looking for something else?
Prime Towers are the robust foundation of a great 2-channel or multi-channel system: Refined yet ready-to-rumble, this impressive pair performs at a world-class level.
Reference-grade bookshelf monitor with 2-way crossover, 1" aluminum dome tweeter and 6.5" woofer.
A dream system that fits your living space. With handsome styling, huge dynamics and amazing performance, the Prime Bookshelf system is your ticket to audio nirvana.
Which svs subwoofer
is right for me?
We know that sometimes sorting out which subwoofer is just right for you can get confusing. That's why we're always here to answer your questions. Just call and we'd be delighted to share our knowledge and advise with you!
I have speakers, which
subwoofer is the perfect match?
Tell us about your speakers and Merlin, our subwoofer selection tool, will evaluate your speaker's specifications and identify the best SVS subwoofer match. It's not magic — it's Merlin.Learn More