Featuring a unique and innovative cylinder design, and with a footprint measuring just 16.5-inches in diameter, the SVS PC12-Plus subwoofer delivers unmatched low frequency extension and output per square-inch of floor space. Standing 40-inches tall with a 12-inch down-firing driver and 800 watts RMS, 2,300+ watts peak power DSP amplifier, the PC12-Plus is an awe-inspiring tower of bass that uses vertical height to maintain a small footprint so it can fit more easily into a home theater or listening room, without sacrificing performance.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 18-250 Hz +/- 3 dB (20 Hz mode)
- 16-250 Hz +/- 3 dB (16 Hz mode)
- 23-250 Hz +/- 3 dB (sealed mode)
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic).
- Down-firing driver with integral base plate
- Top-firing triple 3" high-flow flared ports
- High-grade black fabric exterior cover
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Dense foam port blockers (3) included
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction
- Extremely rigid and strong cylinder enclosure
- Variable 20 Hz, 16 Hz and Sealed tuning modes
- Detachable power cord
- Cabinet Dimensions: 39.6" (H), 16.6" (OD)
- Overall Dimensions: 40.3" (H), 16.6" (OD) (includes feet, grille, amplifier)
- Weight (unboxed): 75 pounds
- Shipped Dimensions: 45" (H), 20" (OD)
- Shipped Weight: 85 pounds
- SVS 12” high performance Plus driver
- Bifilar wound, 3” diameter, high-power aluminum voice coil
- Polyimide impregnated fiberglass former/bobbin
- Single, composite layered, linear roll long-throw spider
- Integrated tinsel leads
- Nickel-plated high-tension spring terminals
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and parabolic SBR surround
- Composite pulp/fiberglass press layered cone with stitched surround
- Low carbon 1008 steel components, electrophoresis black plating
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure
- Copper shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, and enhances thermal conductivity
- Dual Genox 8H/Y-35 high grade ferrite magnets
- Oversized pole vent for greater cooling and low noise
- STA-800D Sledge with 800 watts RMS continuous power (2300 watts peak dynamic power)
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology
- Detachable power cord with main power switch and ceramic fuse
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Auto-On / On switch with "green" standby mode
- Stereo line-level RCA and balanced (XLR) input/output connections
- Normal and Hi input voltage switch
- Customized EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the PC12-Plus
- Variable tuning with 20Hz, 16Hz, and Sealed settings to match subwoofer port settings
- Fully adjustable (frequency and slope) phase-correct speaker/sub digital crossover
- Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright LCD display
- Digital PEQ with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values
- Room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope
- Input impedance - 24 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 22 kΩ (balanced XLR)
An icon of SVS subwoofer innovation, the cylinder-shaped cabinet design of the PC12-Plus subwoofer lets you enjoy the performance benefits of a larger subwoofer, without requiring as much floorspace.
Commanding 12-Inch SVS High-Output Driver
Equally suited for music and home theater, the PC12-Plus powered subwoofer boasts a 12-inch down-firing Plus Series driver with dual high-grade ferrite magnets and an FEA-optimized motor for distortion-free performance at the most punishing drive levels. Dual linear-roll spiders and stitched parabolic surround allow the PC12-Plus to move massive amounts of air and achieve extreme excursion capability, while the ultra-light and rigid composite cone provides excellent transient response for the ability to start and stop on a dime.
Powerful and Sophisticated Sledge STA-800D Amplifier
Conservatively rated at 800 watts RMS and 2,300 watts peak power, the Sledge STA-800D DSP amplifier inside the PC12-Plus subwoofer delivers effortless power for maximum SPLs and sonic impact in movies and music, while maintaining pinpoint accuracy on frequency and transient response. It also has brains to match its brawn. A sophisticated DSP offers an array of filters and volume, gain, and phase controls for fine-tuning performance, and the efficient Class-D design consumes less than half-a-watt of power in stand-by mode.
Variable Port Tuning
Rated at 16-250 HZ +/- 3dB, the PC12-Plus subwoofer features variable port tuning so you can adjust output and extension based on listening preferences. For connections, the home theater subwoofer features a stereo line-level RCA and balanced XLR input/output connections along with an 80Hz high pass filtered output connections, continuously variable volume and phase controls, and a three top-firing 3-inch high-flow flared ports with large radius inner and outer flanges.
Nimble, yet powerful, the iconic SVS cylinder subwoofer delivers deeper extension and greater output per inch of floorspace than any traditional ported box subwoofer in existence. Musical bass is rendered with subtlety, nuance and toe-tapping aplomb while movie content invigorated with chest-thumping slam and impact as well as mood-setting low frequency effects.