Prime Bookshelf - Black Ash - Outlet - 1001
Outlet Special: Scratches on the bottom. See additional picture. Factory inspected and tested. 5-Year Unconditional Warranty and complete Bill of Rights coverage. Read More
45 Day Risk-Free In-Home Trial. Fast & Free Shipping and Returns.
5-Year Unconditional Warranty
Prime Bookshelf - Black Ash - Outlet - 1001
48 Hz-25 kHz (±3 dB)"FREQ. RESPONSE
1.7Port Size & #
13.2” (H) 8” (W) 9.4” (D)Dimension
Introducing the Prime Bookshelf
PRIME BOOKSHELF: WORLD-CLASS PERFORMANCE, COMPACT FORM
Designed for two-channel purists and home theater fans alike, there simply isn’t a finer bookshelf monitor available at even twice the price. Equally adept up front in home theater or 2-channel settings, or even as a surround speaker. No matter what your listening preference, the Prime Bookshelf is the most flexible performer in the Prime speaker line. The handsome styling and high-end finishes result in a premium look that inspires pride—even before you’ve hit the power button. Matched with both the Prime and Ultra Center, Prime Satellites, and SVS subwoofers, the Prime Bookshelves can be the cornerstone or a stunning supportive element to any audio system.
In a 2-channel setting, Prime Bookshelf delivers a full and rich stand-alone audio experience with a 6.25” woofer for deep and articulate bass and a 1” aluminum dome tweeter for air presentation and unrivaled highs —true to the legacy of high-end, 2-way monitors. Stereo purists will rejoice at the amazing imaging, soundstage and fidelity delivered by the Prime Bookshelf. Whether you’re kicking back Saturday evening with a single malt and Dylan, or enjoying freshly ground coffee Sunday morning with Brubeck – the Prime Bookshelf has it covered.
SVS Drivers Extreme Performance and Uncompromised Fidelity
The proprietary SVS drivers utilize the finest materials and design features to ensure the highest sound quality and performance. The Prime Bookshelf driver array features a 1” aluminum dome tweeter and a 6.5" woofer.
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter
Light, efficient, and rigid, providing high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) with minimal distortion and the sense of utter transparency. It deploys a Finite-Element-Analysis (FEA) optimized diffuser to ensure the tweeter only has the perfect on-axis and off-axis frequency response. That way everyone in your listening room gets the best performance. Likewise, since we share these design traits with both the Prime and Ultra speakers, both product lines can blend well with one another while offering that SVS hallmark ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs.
We built our groundbreaking new 6.5” bass woofer on an all-new cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket for precise component alignment and an inert frame without resonances or added harmonics. Like all of the other drivers in the Prime family, the polypropylene cone is light and rigid to give a flat frequency response and the SPL necessary to keep up with the other drivers. Like all of the other woofers in the Prime and Ultra series, the 6.5” woofer uses aluminum shorting rings for reduced distortion, and a vented voice coil former to keep the motor assembly cool during high SPL playback. For perfect bass extension the cabinet is rear ported and tuned perfectly for the 6.5” woofer.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 48 Hz-25 kHz (± 3 dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts
- Bookshelf Loudspeaker
- Black ash and piano gloss black finish options
- 5-way binding posts
- 1.7” wide-flared rear-firing port
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Cabinet Dimensions: 13.2" (H) X 8" (W) X 9.7" (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 13.3" (H) X 8" (W) X 10.3" (D) (includes grille and bumper feet)
- Shipped Dimensions-2 Pack: 17.6" (H) X 22.4" (W) X 14.4” (D)
- Weight: 15.5 pounds
- Shipped Weight-2 Pack: 34.7 pounds
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
- Aluminum dome for exceptional transient response
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
- Long stroke motor and suspension for high output
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response
- Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer
- Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts
Crossover & Cabinet Specs
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.3 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes)
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction
- FEA-optimized cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances
- Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response