SB13-Ultra - Piano - Outlet - 1073
Outlet Special: Scratches on all sides and blemish on the grill. See additional picture. Factory inspected and tested. 5-Year Unconditional Warranty and complete Bill of Rights coverage.
In stock & Ships in one business day
45 Day Risk-Free In-Home Trial | Fast & Free Shipping and Returns 5-Year Unconditional WarrantyFind a Dealer
Order by Phone: 1.877.626.5623
All this and more on every SVS order.See the bill of rights
1000 watts RMS (3600 watts peak)Amplifier
20-460Hz ±3 dBFreq. Response
N/APort Size & #
17.4" (H) 17.4" (W) 18.5" (D)Dimension
Introducing the SB13-ULTRA
SB13-Ultra – Heroic Performance, Black-Tie Elegance
Are there 17 inches square in your home to make room for the most critically acclaimed subwoofer on the planet? The SB13 is the most popular Ultra for more than its modest stature alone. The flagship of our sealed models delivers super-hero levels of power, detail, speed and musicality. Yet, disguised in an elegant and compact cabinet it goes practically unnoticed in any décor—until it is called into action. You’ll quickly find the SB13’s reputation is well deserved and its value unparalleled. Mission accomplished - SVS style.
“...an exceptional multichannel loudspeaker system that is true to SVS' tradition of offering higher performance for the money through R&D and design... the SVS Ultras offer a level of price/performance value that is rare, if non-existent.”Widescreen Review Magazine, Review by Gary Reber.
“In this price range, I've never heard of subwoofer operate with as much ease, ever… highly recommendable”Magazine-Audio.com, French Review by Marc Philip.
“Overall, the SB13-Ultra performance is so good, and its quality build and price so impressive, I have absolutely no negatives…For under $1,600, the SVS SB13-Ultra gets you a high-performance, acoustic suspension subwoofer that can handle about all the serious bass of a multi-channel or stereo speaker system.”Everything Audio, Review by John Gatski.
“Designed to deliver vigorous, versatile bass performance, the SVS SB13-Ultra is a low-frequency, high-output knockout offered at an unbeatable value, in a surprisingly elegant footprint.”Electronic House names the SB13-Ultra Best Products of 2013.
“If you’re an enthusiast who wants the speed and control of a sealed enclosure with the deep bass extension typical of a ported sub, then you’ve found your pot of gold in the SB13-Ultra...arguably one of the best (or possibly the best) price-performance value in subwoofers.”The Poor Audiophile, Review.
“The SVS SB13-Ultra is an exceptional product that is true to SVS's tradition of offering higher performance for the money through R&D and design... this is an exceptionally high-performance subwoofer that can accurately reproduce the sound of music or movies.”Widescreen Review Magazine, Review by Gary Reber.
“I found the bass to be authoritative, while at the same time complimentary to the mids and highs. From the bass guitar to the djembes and piano, every low-frequency element was well fleshed out and engaging… With a sub of this caliber, you'll surely make enemies of your neighbors, but you'll have so much fun doing so that it's totally worth it. The bottom line is that the SVS SB13-Ultra is a meaningful audio component that's worth every penny of its $1,599 asking price.”HomeTheaterReview.com, Review by Sean Killebrew.
“No matter what we threw at this subwoofer, it came back with exactly what we wanted to hear... If there is a more perfect subwoofer in production today, we haven't heard it yet.”Digital Trends, Review by Caleb Denison.
“Dollar for dollar, the SVS SB13-Ultra is one of the best (if not THE best) subwoofers on the market. Powerful, deep bass. Equally adept performance for music and moves. The only way to make it much better is to buy two.”The SB13-Ultra Subwoofer Receives HomeTheaterReview.com's Best of 2013 Award.
"I would expect no less than rock solid reliability and well balanced performance from any SVS subwoofer…the SB13-Ultra is my personal favorite…the SB13-Ultra operated and performed flawlessly…"Audioholics, Review by Joshua Ricci.
"It is not just the aesthetics. It is not just the power. It is not just the precision and it is not just the level of detail that can be heard in the VLF range. It is all of these things combined that make the SB13 Ultra my Sub Zone Reviewer's Choice. There is simply no better performing subwoofer in its class."Home Theater Shack, Review by Dale Rasco.
"…the value it delivers in terms of build quality and performance at this price is, in my opinion, unmatched. In terms of features, it offers more than many subwoofers at twice and even three times the price."Canada HiFi, Review by Malcolm Gomes.
"It plays loud and deep with extremely low distortion. But it also has the ability to deliver finely nuanced bass with textures and dynamic shadings that are quite rare even by today's standards… It is quite frankly an engineering juggernaut."Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity, Review by Jim Clements.
"The bass from the quartet of 8in drivers and that weapons-grade hammer of a bass driver is wondrous. Rapid beyond belief, with astonishing grip and literally no overhang at all... But there's more than just an iron grip and lack of bass boominess - this is a whole package of loveliness...the SVS system's midband and effortless, soaring, clean and pure highs were able to entertain as well as unnerve."Home Cinema Choice, Review by Adam Rayner.
"I couldn't believe how low this SVS could go. More importantly, I was struck by how clean and nuanced the bass is at even its lowest levels... It is far and away the deepest and most detailed sub I've had the pleasure of listening to in my home theater."Big Picture Big Sound, Review by Greg Robinson.
"Clarity Alliance announces SVS/Primare as the “Best Home Cinema Room 2013."Best of Show Awards, Sound & Vision.
"SVS SB13-Ultra - The 1000 watt "Sledge" Hammer in a compact form"Area DVD, German Review.
"The performance sealed category just got some ferocious competition. I highly recommend it."Real HT Info, Video Review by Marshall Guthrie.
"Designed to deliver the most vigorous, versatile bass performance in its class, the new SVS SB13-Ultra subwoofer is a low frequency, high-output knockout offered at an unbeatable value, in a surprisingly elegant footprint."International CES, 2013 CES Innovations Honoree.
"The SB13-Ultra's detailed, toe-tappingly pitch-perfect, stop-on-a-dime response, and its small size, low weight, rugged construction, superb finish, simple but sophisticated IFC control, sturdy drive-unit, and great customer support, all put it on my list of recommended subwoofers."Stereophile, Review by Larry Greenhill.
"No matter how loud I played it, I couldn't get the sub to bottom out or show any signs of strain. Furthermore, my room is more than 5,000 cubic feet, and I never once felt the subwoofer running out of headroom. That's pretty damn impressive."Home Theater magazine names the SB13-Ultra subwoofer best 18 products of 2012, Review by David Vaughn.
"…one of the very best subwoofers I have had the pleasure of spending time with… The way the SB13-Ultra goes about low end exertion is so utterly convincing that going back to most other devices seems like a bit of a letdown afterwards."AVForums, Review by Ed Selley.
"In its price range, it’s the best subwoofer I’ve heard."Stereophile, 2015 Recommended Components Subwoofers.
Owner Ratings & Reviews
NewSledge Amplifier STA-1000D: Intelligent and sophisticated Power
The Sledge STA-1000D amplifier is a perfect match for the Ultra 13 driver, packing 1,000 watts of power and sophisticated DSP control. Comprehensive and extensive menu options are accessed via an intuitive single-knob interface and easy-to-use, LCD display. This will make your set-up and integration with home theater or stereo system quick and simple.
Sheer power alone is not enough. The SB13-Ultra’s amplifier equalization curve has been expertly optimized. Its roll-off is gradual, transient response superb and group delay extremely low. This roll-off profile makes the most of available 'room gain' so that under optimal conditions the SB13-Ultra can extend in room to 15 Hz or deeper. Even more, these characteristics make it ideal to pair with other SB13 Ultras for a multiple subwoofer configurations.
SVS 13.5” High Output Driver
To equip the SB13, SVS’s audio engineers started miles ahead of other subwoofers. Their advantage? The famed Ultra 13 driver. Which they then optimized for a sealed application. They revised the motor geometry, added a unique voice coil and custom gap extension plate. The result is a sealed subwoofer that delivers higher thermal power handling, more symmetrical force/displacement profile, lower distortion, and increased linear stroke. Only SVS engineers could start with the Ultra 13 driver. Only SVS engineers would push the envelope this far to deliver the clean, deep low end of the SB13-Ultra.
- FEA-optimized motor with copper shorting sleeve to reduce gap induction and distortion.
- Unique and optimized bifilar wound, 3" diameter, ultra-high-power aluminum voice coil.
- Unique gap extension plate for additional linear stroke and reduced distortion.
- Dual linear-roll spiders and stitched parabolic surround for extreme excursion capability.
- Ultra-light and rigid Rohacell composite cone provides excellent transient response.
Experience SVS Audio 100% Risk-Free
The best place to audition any speaker or subwoofer isn't a noisy store; it's your own home, in the exact listening room where you will enjoy them!View the Bill of Rights
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:* Frequency response graph does not denote maximum output capability
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic).
- Roll-off slope specifically optimized to take maximum advantage of available room gain
- 20-460Hz ± 3 dB
- Piano gloss black and real black oak veneer finish options
- Front-firing 13.5" driver
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Rigid and braced MDF cabinet
- Detachable power cord
- Cabinet Dimensions: 17.9" (H) x 17.4" (W) x 18.5" (D) (without grille)
- Overall Dimensions: 17.9" (H) x 17.4" (W) x 20.4" (D) (with grille)
- Weight (unboxed): 92 pounds
- Shipped Dimensions: 23" (H) x 23" (W) x 27" (D)
- Shipped Weight: 105 pounds
- SVS 13.5” high-performance Ultra driver optimized for sealed applications
- SVS custom-tooled die-cast aluminum basket
- Flat-wire, 3” diameter, high-power, high-temp, 8-layer, aluminum voice coil - unique to SB13-Ultra
- Polyimide impregnated fiberglass former/bobbin
- Dual 9", composite layered, linear roll, extreme excursion spiders
- Integrated tinsel leads
- Nickel-plated high-tension spring terminals
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and parabolic SBR extreme-excursion surround
- Composite pulp/fiberglass press layered cone with stitched surround
- Low carbon 1008 steel components, electrophoresis black plating
- FEA-optimized overhung motor structure with custom gap extension plate enhances force/displacement symmetry, lower distortion and increases linear stroke
- Copper shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, and enhances thermal conductivity
- Dual Genox 8H/Y-35 high grade ferrite magnets
- Oversized pole vent for greater cooling and low noise
- STA-1000D Sledge with 1000 watts RMS continuous power (3600 watts peak dynamic power)
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology
- Detachable power cord with main power switch and ceramic fuse
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Auto-On / On switch with "green" standby mode
- Stereo line-level RCA and balanced (XLR) input/output connections
- Normal and Hi input voltage switch
- Fully adjustable (frequency and slope) phase-correct speaker/sub digital crossover
- Customized EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the SB13-Ultra
- Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright LCD display
- Two (2) digital PEQs with adjustable frequency, cut/boost, and Q values
- Room gain compensation control with adjustable frequency and slope
- Adjustable digital delay on main speaker line-level outputs to time-align the speakers and subs
- Input impedance - 24 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 22 kΩ (balanced XLR)