PB-1000 - Outlet - 1101
PB-1000 - Outlet - 1101
An anomaly in the world of subwoofers, the SVS PB-1000 plays below the limits of human hearing, down to 19Hz and lower, yet costs a fraction of what ported subwoofers with similar low frequency extension and output sell for. Simply put, it’s the deepest, most effortless and authoritative bass you’ll find for under $500. No subwoofer comes close to offering this level of low frequency output and extension value.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 19-270 Hz +/- 3 dB
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- Premium black ash finish.
- Front-firing 10” driver.
- Front-firing 3.5" high-flow port with inner/outer port flares.
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Rigid and strong cabinet construction.
- Detachable power cord.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 18.9" (H) x 15" (W) x 19.4" (D) (without grille).
- Overall Dimensions: 18.9" (H) x 15" (W) x 20" (D) (with grille).
- Weight (unboxed): 46 pounds.
- Shipped Dimensions: 24" (H) x 24" (W) x 20" (D).
- Shipped Weight: 60 pounds.
- SVS 10" high-performance driver.
- FEA-optimized motor technology for low distortion.
- High-power voice coil for excellent thermal management.
- Long-throw suspension for high output at deep frequencies.
- Lightweight Treated Fiber Composite cone for enhanced sensitivity and transient response.
- Rubber surround for durability and long-life.
- Dual high-grade ferrite magnets.
- Vented pole piece for greater cooling and low noise.
- Sledge STA-300D with 300 watts RMS continuous power (720 watts peak dynamic power).
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology.
- 300 watts (720 watts peak dynamic).
- Green standby mode with less than 0.5 watts consumption.
- Detachable power cord with main power switch.
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications.
- Auto-On / On switch.
- DSP control for accurate response and refined behavior under all operating conditions.
- Stereo line-level RCA Input & 80Hz High Pass Filtered Output connections.
- Stereo speaker level 5-way binding post input connections.
- Continuously variable low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting.
- Continuously variable volume and phase controls.
- Input impedance - 47 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 2 kΩ (speaker level)
Considering the deep bass extension and thunderous SPL output without sacrificing musicality, PB-1000 defies expectations at every level. The front-firing driver features dual high-grade ferrite magnets and FEA-optimized internal motor technology that enable extreme excursion for high output with extremely low distortion. Performance of the 10-inch driver rivals that of 12 and 15-inch drivers housed in much larger cabinets.
Commanding 10-inch SVS High Output Driver
The lightweight cone material of the SVS PB-1000 long-stroke driver reproduces massive LFEs and subtle music tones with lifelike realism, making the subwoofer a perfect option for both home theater and music lovers. Durable rubber surrounds also ensure long-lasting performance, even when the ported subwoofer is pushed to its performance limits for extended periods of time.
Powerful and Sophisticated Sledge STA-300D Amplifier
Driving the PB-1000 ported subwoofer is an integrated SVS Sledge STA-300D amplifier with a sophisticated DSP perfectly matched to the unique ported cabinet configuration, and an equalization curve optimized for enhanced transient response and room gain. Conservatively rated at 300 watts RMS and 700+ watts peak power, the Sledge amplifier maintains precise control of the subwoofer at all drive levels so you can push to reference volumes and maintain accuracy in frequency response. Challenge the PB-1000 with the most challenging musical bassline or soundtrack and it stays true to the source content without compromise. The advanced DSP engine also allows for fine tuning of audio playback and easy set-up and integration into any home theater or stereo system.
When it comes to filling out the lower octaves of our favorite audio content, few, if any, ported subwoofers approach what the SVS PB-1000 achieves for the price. Its ability to convey the chest-thumping slam and room pressurizing LFEs, and also subtle and nuanced bass in music, TV and movie soundtracks defies expectations for a level of performance previously reserved for much larger reference subwoofers.
Sonically Inert and Rigidly Braced Cabinet
Rounded edges and a fabric grille cover on the SVS PB-1000 cabinet give it a refined look that blends visually with home theaters and high-end audio systems. Its ported cabinet design features extensive internal bracing for the driver and motor to ensure an inert environment, resulting in tighter, more accurate bass with no coloration while maximizing on airflow and dynamic output potential.
Home Theater Hobbyist Reviews the PB-1000 and SB-1000 Subwoofers
“Excellent output and deep extension but also great balance and extremely detailed bass. Both can play music and movies and you’ll have an enjoyable experience regardless. And while there are...
PB-1000 Subwoofer Takes Top Spot in Audioholics' "5 Best Powered Subwoofers Under $500"
“Great balance of size, aesthetics, performance, and reliability. It is one of two subs in our list that can dig down to a solid 20Hz…Able to catch much of the...