The PB12-NSD subwoofer is the ultimate subwoofer over-achiever. It’s room-energizing, pants-flapping bass, for a fraction of the cost of the typical reference subwoofer. SPLs and output also compares with much larger ported box subwoofers but with a greater control and accuracy from the sophisticated Sledge amplifier, overbuilt driver and precisely tuned cabinet.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 18-150 Hz +/- 3 dB
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- Cabinet Dimensions: 20.9" (H) x 17.3" (W) x 22"(D)
- Overall Dimensions: 21.4" (H) x 17.3" (W) x 25.4" (D) (includes feet, grille, amplifier)
- Weight (unboxed): 66 pounds
- Shipped Dimensions: 30" (H) x 23" (W) x 27" (D)
- Shipped Weight: 82 pounds
- Rigid and braced Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) cabinet
- Premium black ash finish
- Front-firing driver
- Front-firing 4" high-flow flared port
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Power cord length: 8 feet
- SVS 12” NSD driver
- 2” diameter, high-power voice coil with high-temp former
- Nomex linear roll long-throw spider
- Low-creep rubber long-throw surround
- Spider-integrated tinsel leads
- Aluminum cone and composite dust cap with SVS logo
- Powder-coated cast aluminum basket
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure
- Dual shorting rings and pole extenders to reduce gap induction and distortion
- Vented pole piece for greater cooling and low noise.
- Dual high-grade ferrite magnets
- Pole piece vent for greater cooling, low noise, and reduced air compression
- STA-400D Sledge with 400 watts RMS continuous power (800 watts peak dynamic power)
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology
- Detachable power cord with main power switch and fuse
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Auto-On / On switch with "green" standby mode
- Stereo line-level RCA input/output connections
- Fully adjustable low pass filter with Disable setting
- Unfiltered (for daisy-chain) and 80 Hz HPF line level RCA outputs
- Customized EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the PB12-NSD
- Input impedance - 20 kΩ (unbalanced RCA)
True to SVS design philosophy, the PB12-NSD obliterates performance expectations for the price with a driver, amplifier, motor and cabinet combination at an all new low price. Equally adaptable for music, home theater, TV and gaming, the PB12-NSD produces amazingly deep and articulate bass with pinpoint accuracy and speed in transients at all drive level.
Potent SVS 12-inch NSD High-Output Driver
Featuring high end materials and rock-solid design, the 12-inch SB12-NSD driver handles every watt of the Sledge amplifier’s power and delivers deep, room-energizing bass and crushing SPLs with pristine clarity and control, even when pushed to the absolute limit.
Sledge STA-400D Amplifier
Effortless power with smooth and precise signal processing for accuracy and clarity at all drive level, the PB12-NSD’s STA-400D amplifier is conservatively rated at 400 watts RMS, 800 watts peak power and effortlessly delivers massive amounts of current to the motor and driver to create convincing cinematic and musical bass you can hear and feel at the most important moments. With digital bass management features and flexible set up options normally reserved for more expensive subwoofers, the Sledge amplifier makes it easy to optimize with any equipment in any room set-up
DSP for Fine-Tuning In-Room Performance
Internal Digital Signal Processing (DSP) allows for easy integration into rooms of all shapes and sizes as well as with all different models and brands of speakers.
Optimized Cabinet Design
The PB12-NSD features a front-firing 4” high-flow port with inner/outer port flares for extremely powerful and controlled output with palpable slam. The 21x17x22 cabinet is substantial but not over-sized and features a protective steel mesh grille and comes in a premium black ash wood grain finish for a handsome look that fits most room décor.
SVS owner shots shared via Instagram. Click on pics for captions and submit your own by tagging @SVS_Sound or #soundrevolution.